Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Sassuolo (7 Apr 21)

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Who cares if it says 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss? Kolarov was shit all those 4 games. He is a big fucking liability there.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Virgin Islands

69 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Who cares if it says 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss? Kolarov was shit all those 4 games. He is a big fucking liability there.
    Does that warrant a complete overhaul of a system though?
    FC INTERNAZIONALE
    BHENCHODS OF THE WORLD

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Does that warrant a complete overhaul of a system though?
    Good question and we will have to see. But you make it sound so dramatic, playing 4 in the back has always looked good those few times.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I'm expecting a fucking loss tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Virgin Islands

69 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    it is more dramatic to change the whole set up because you don't want to play Kolarov. not playing Kolarov doesn't guarantee a win and playing Kolarov doesn't mean a sure loss. He is just 1 player out of 11. Those few times we in terms of minutes and in emergency situation. It's different from starting a game with it.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE
    BHENCHODS OF THE WORLD

Italy

Darmian as LCB would be the least painful solution imo. Hope to see Sensi in place of la bomba but we all know it will be Gagliardini.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    For me I just want to throw in a back 4 to surprise the opponent for a change, give them something to think about and opponents in the future. We all want a win with this match, but this game, is the one Inter is playing with house money so why not IMHO.

10. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

Changing to back 4 will not only surprise the opponent, it will also surprise our players.

We are top of the league with back 3 system. Why would we change the whole system and expect our players to adapt instantly with back 4? Conte is not only about back 3 formation. He has specific system in that formation with each players, particularly defenders, has to move in attacking and defending phase precisely. Changing the whole system just because 1 or 2 players will not be worth it.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cuba gooding View Post
    Changing to back 4 will not only surprise the opponent, it will also surprise our players.

We are top of the league with back 3 system. Why would we change the whole system and expect our players to adapt instantly with back 4? Conte is not only about back 3 formation. He has specific system in that formation with each players, particularly defenders, has to move in attacking and defending phase precisely. Changing the whole system just because 1 or 2 players will not be worth it.
    Exactly. Our team is accustomed to this formation and the system we use. Throwing that away just because one (or two) players are missing doesn't make any sense. It's not going to be perfect but I'm 100% sure our defensive line is more secure and confident if they can play like they've been playing the whole season. Last time Kolarov started for us was the Parma match many months ago, that was the time we still played with a higher defensive line and our defending was basically a mess (btw in that match De Vrij started as RCB).

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Given the results and our current standing, I think most people aren’t discussing a 4 man defense just for the sake it. The question is whether a functional 3 man defense is even viable considering the absences.

Bastoni, D’Ambrosio and Kolarov are out while De Vrij has been disastrous as a wide CB - I hate to think how he’ll fare on the left side no less. Ranocchia as a side CB is simply out of the question while Skriniar doesn’t deserve to be displaced either.

I’d play Darmian as LCB and hope for the best, especially with Berardi supposedly missing the game.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    If this team hasn't started a single match with 4 man defence, it doesn't make sense to start with a 4 man defence now (because I'm 100% sure it hasn't been trained at all).

15. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    If this team hasn't started a single match with 4 man defence, it doesn't make sense to start with a 4 man defence now (because I'm 100% sure it hasn't been trained at all).
    It's not like the team has never played with a back 4 before. It has happened during matches. It makes no sense to stick with a back 3 just for the sake of it when you don't have the players for the formation.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless. If Conte wasn't willing to drop back 3 against Milan when 2 of his starting cbs were missing, he isn't going to do it now that only 1 of them is missing. We can only pray De Vrij won't get as exposed on he side as he did on the match against Parma.

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Man these switching to back four suggestions are hilarious. This isn't a pes or fifa game.

Switch to back four cus we don't have a proper bastoni replacement and then risk fucking up all of the teams balance when you have nine wins in a row streak just beacuse in some peoples head back four is this holy grail and perfect formation that will bring peace to the world and possibly even defeat the covid.

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Some people here are in panic for no reason. We can win Sass without Bastoni, Brozovic and Perisic. Espacialy when they probably play without Berardi, Caputo, Lucatelli and Defrel.

19. Thanks (2): Ethor, Ottoman empire

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    Panicking because we aren't playing well at the moment.

I believe playing Skriniar on the left, De Vrij middle and Frog right side is the way to go. Frog played there before, if I am correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

21. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Sassuolo will be probably without Berardi and Caputo. That's 22 goals out of 47 for them.

I think we shouldn't panic with our two absences.

The "not playing well" is our bread and butter to be honest. In this 9 match win streak, we've conceded THREE goals.

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Remember how Bbilan was shit and still they were winning games,just like now we are doing,its the same shit,last 4,5 games..Bbilan were 5+ ahead of us two months ago,now they are -8 behind us. If you play like shit,you'll sooner or later end like shit. We can win scudetto,but with this stubborn back 3 we are gonna fail miserably again in CL. Any big team can play more formations,not just one and only. If we played last games like against Rube or Bbilan I would say first that we should keep like this,cause we played really good that games. But we are playing like shit,say what you want. Last 4 wins,pure luck,nothing else. So there is reason people are panicking here even when you play against fkn Sassuolo. Imagine city fans panicking playing against Watford or something. Like I wrote,if you play like shit,sooner or later you'll end like shit.

24. Thanks (1): Ottoman empire

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by bubba zanetti View Post
    Remember how Bbilan was shit and still they were winning games,just like now we are doing,its the same shit,last 4,5 games..Bbilan were 5+ ahead of us two months ago,now they are -8 behind us. If you play like shit,you'll sooner or later end like shit. We can win scudetto,but with this stubborn back 3 we are gonna fail miserably again in CL. Any big team can play more formations,not just one and only. If we played last games like against Rube or Bbilan I would say first that we should keep like this,cause we played really good that games. But we are playing like shit,say what you want. Last 4 wins,pure luck,nothing else. So there is reason people are panicking here even when you play against fkn Sassuolo. Imagine city fans panicking playing against Watford or something. Like I wrote,if you play like shit,sooner or later you'll end like shit.
    ofc, we are in worse form, we were not convincing against Torino and Bologna. The matches against Atalanta and Parma were also difficult. But on the other side, we won all of them. Atalanta is the best team in Italy in 2021 together with us. Bologna is really good at home. Torino were able to draw with Atalanta (they were losing 0:3!) and Juventus recently. Parma won against Roma.
    We have better players than Milan, so we are able to win even if we are playing bad. Milan was overperforming for whole season. And the truth is that it's hard to imagine Milan and Juventus can win all the remaining games. Milan sucks at home while Pirlo was able to win just 3 games in a row in Serie A.
    There is also Atalanta and Napoli, but I can't imagine they can fill the gap.

And remember we have better h2h against Milan and Atalanta, so it's like one additional point in comparison with these teams.

I'm not saying that Scudetto is certain, but I'm optimistic.

26. Thanks (2): Ethor, Rain

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    I'm not panicking at all, just keeping the discussion lively. I have no problem with the standard back 3 and above mentioned reasons have a lot of merit.

28. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Locatelli, ferrari, muldur out for sass cus of covid protocol which they decided to respect. Bourabia, caputo, defrel, berardi, ayhan also out. De zerbi words in press today.

MUST win tomorrow.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    De Zerbi confirmed that Sassuolo will be without Locatelli, Berardi, Caputo, Defrel, Bourabia, Ayhan, Muldur and Ferrari.

Despite our absences there can be no excuse for not winning here. Sassuolo are 1W, 1D and 5L in their last 7 away games - their only away win coming against 20th placed Crotone and a draw against 18th placed Cagliari.

Having said all that it’d be some reeeeal Inter shit to somehow fuck this up.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/