Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 384546474849 LastLast

Thread: Diego Simeone

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Anyone who wants Simeone to be our coach must have really masochism genes in him.
    We suffer enough being inter fans why the fuck would u want to suffer more with his 442 formation and 1-0 wins .

Not saying that he wouldn't be able to deliver a serie A title but honestly if you really want to invest in good players (because simeone too would request good players) at least find a coach who can actually entertain. Entertain doesn't mean necessary Tiki-Taka Guardiola style but for sure i wouldn't want to see long ball to the strikers and rely on set pieces on every match

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Inter fans are masochists, you are not wrong.
    Wallace

3. Thanks (3): n4l, rfU, surripere

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

IMHO, he always used Inter in his interviews just to tease Atletico bosses to get better contract... I think he will continue coaching them unless they don't fire him, which I don't think will happen any soon
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

5. Thanks (3): Big Willy, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

He should be the one leaving. Like many have said, he has done his time at atleti. He can't bring this team any further and they are getting worse instead.

Imho, he should resign at the end of the season.

Regarding yesterday's match, I think it is also fair to remember that the absence of Diego Costa showed. But I'm mentioning this only as a slightly extenuating circumstance, atleti played worse than one would imagine it is possible
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Aaland

I dont think entertaining football will count when we have been trophyless for a decade and want to win something.Plus the 1st leg was entertaining for the Atletico fans and dare i say for all of us.He got it wrong yesterday and blew it big time.But he has also gotten it right a lot of the times and has been praised for that.

Now that the night has passed and i have a calmer mind i think he would still do well here.I think he can deliver the Serie A.He will also bring a lot of passion and fight in the dressing room which is something that we lack right now.We cant simply say oh he was defensive and lost the UCL and therefore we shouldnt go for him because we suddenly want to win the UCL straight away.First things first.Serie A.He is somebody who can deliver domestically and definitely somebody who can reinvigorate the atmosphere at the club.That spirit is sorely missing here and that will be a huge plus point for us.Also he is an Interista at heart as he has stated and will definitely give us his all.

Atletico played a very defensive game at the Emirates last year and when they went down to 10 men early on in the EL semifinal.Defended very deep just like yesterday and hardly had the ball.But they got one counter attack and converted.It seemed that was the plan yesterday and it didnt come off and obviously there was a difference in the oppositions strength and mentality too.Can happen.Plus domestically before he came Atletico always found a way to lose to Real but their record is pretty good against Real off late.Sure lost 2 UCL finals but Atletico have definitely punched holes into Reals dominance over them in the league.It would be good to start beating Rubentus regularly in the league and not continue to lose like Spalletti does against Allegri.

@Sir Firminho of Liverpool: How different would everything have been had Costa put his one v one chance away in the 1st leg.

Lets not forget we all praised Simeone for totally outfoxing Allegri after the 1st leg .And there were rumours Allegri was going to be leaving because clearly he wasnt good enough in Europe .

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    IMHO, he always used Inter in his interviews just to tease Atletico bosses to get better contract... I think he will continue coaching them unless they don't fire him, which I don't think will happen any soon
    Not really, Simeone just said that someday (he always said this) he would like to coach the teams he played for this includes Lazio.

It's just the papers that jump on it, and when you have a newspaper that only talks about football you can understand why.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Allegri used that magic tactic. It's called having better players than Atletico. He also used a magic potion that made the referee do whatever he wanted.
    In fact it was Atletico who used that magic tactic. Completely quit playing football and think everything is over before it is actually over.

11. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Ireland

Can we have Allegri instead?

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Maybe the thing who annoy me at most is judging someone player/coach over one single game!
    It doesn't fuckin matter, what happens in a single game. He could have been the biggest humiliation ever, he could have made only the most idiotic, retarded decisions! It doesn't fucking matter!

Atletico's performance was abominabil! They were dreacdful!
    Still Simeone is the same guy who was before the game. And what he did at Atletico with their resources was chapeau! Do you believe other coach would have done better. And I don't mean that fucking game, but over the years.
    Maybe Klopp! But for the other, I am quite skeptical!

14. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Maybe the thing who annoy me at most is judging someone player/coach over one single game!
    It doesn't fuckin matter, what happens in a single game. He could have been the biggest humiliation ever, he could have made only the most idiotic, retarded decisions! It doesn't fucking matter!

Atletico's performance was abominabil! They were dreacdful!
    Still Simeone is the same guy who was before the game. And what he did at Atletico with their resources was chapeau! Do you believe other coach would have done better. And I don't mean that fucking game, but over the years.
    Maybe Klopp! But for the other, I am quite skeptical!
    Exactly...after the 1st leg, Simeone is genius and Allegri is garbage. After 2nd leg, Simeone is garbage and Allegri is good

Massive bi-polar disorder....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Fabio Cannavaro

United States

Cholo Simeone-one-one-one
    Move FIF to XenForo

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Exactly...after the 1st leg, Simeone is genius and Allegri is garbage. After 2nd leg, Simeone is garbage and Allegri is good

Massive bi-polar disorder....
    I'm an ardent Simeone fan but this is not the first time he rides out a fragile lead in the 2nd leg with seemingly no game plan or strategy. He motivates players to defend with 200% commitment but once they get the ball its a matter of luck, fortune, individual brilliance or opponent mistake for a goal. Atleti has invested heavily on attacking players over the years at Simeones request but he has so far failed to assimilate them into any kind of game plan. Lemar for example was the worst player on both legs but because he was an expensive signing he has to play.

I think Atleti fans see they're not going any further under Simeone but they know they won't get a better manager and are mindful that he has a good handle on management.

I think if Marotta can manage the signings like we did with Mou in 2009/10 season and not Simeone because he can't scout for shit, he would make a great manager here. But right now I'd rather ride with Spalletti, keep that top 4 spot on a consistent basis until we're strong financially.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

18. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    JZ4

I thought Atletico had crippling debts.... How can they afford Simeone and Greizman???
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

20. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Linege, MVD, thatdude

Poland

I cant see Inter paying him half of that.

22. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post

I thought Atletico had crippling debts.... How can they afford Simeone and Greizman???
    Maybe simeone and griezmann are the reason why they are indebted to begin with.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

On what kind of drugs you have to be to give henry that much money ffs, i m getting mad just looking at it, and i dont give two shits about monaco

26. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

I think they were hoping for Zidane type effect.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    On what kind of drugs you have to be to give henry that much money ffs, i m getting mad just looking at it, and i dont give two shits about monaco
    25 Million for 3 months, that can only happen in football, unbelievable.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post

And there are people who seriously believe it's realistic to bring Mourinho back. Whether we like it or not, Conte is our best option. We simply can't afford a better coach than him.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Mourinho won't ask 30m from us. He'd be okay with something around 12-15 which is "market value" when you consider that Klopp, Ancelotti, Conte and Allegri get something along those lines.