View Poll Results: Where does Julio Cesar belong?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grande Inter

262 97.76%
  • Former Players & Coaches

6 2.24%
Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200
Results 3,981 to 3,999 of 3999

Thread: Julio Cesar

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Yeah, three month contract with low wages.

Probably just wanted to play for Flamengo one last time. Of course, he may change his mind if the club does well in Copa Libertadores and extend his contract. But I see this being a more sentimental decision than a desire to keep on playing.

Mind you, I'm a Flamengo fan, thrilled to have him back.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Julio Cesar will retire from football on Saturday night and says the treble with Inter was “certainly the high point of my career”.

The Brazilian joined Flamengo in January for a three month spell, and on Saturday night he’ll face América Mineiro at the Maracana for his final game.

“The last game, yes, it will be wonderful, but a piece of my life is ending,” Cesar told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“These 20 years have been beautiful, more than a dream. Never, even when I was a kid, could I have imagined such a career.

“Saturday will be a tribute, not to me but to those who allowed all this to happen: Flamengo, their fans.

“They took me in when I was a child and stayed beside me until I was a man, ready for European football. I’ll thank them.

“Inter fans know that I don’t care about the cameras, I’ve never been ashamed to show emotion. If I want to cry, I’ll cry.

“I’ve enjoyed these three months even more than I’d imagined, I saw myself as a kid from Flamengo again, at 38 I felt 17 like them.

“A few weeks ago Vinicius said something which got me in the heart: ‘I asked to stay here at Flamengo until the end of the season because you’re here, to learn something from you’.”

Cesar then looked back on his career, starting with his best save.

“Everyone talks about [Lionel] Messi in the semi-finals of the Champions League and maybe they’re right.

“In that game, in that moment, against that opponent… one of the first things they teach we goalkeepers is that a save is only beautiful if it’s important. That was very important.

“My biggest emotion? Don’t make me try… can I give you three? The first was the Campeonato Carioca 2001, Flamengo vs Vasca Da Gama.

“We had to win by two goals, Dejan Petkovic scored to make it 3-1 on a free-kick two minutes from the end.

“The second is Madrid, the Champions League. That was definitely the high point of my career. The third one, 2014 World Cup: the two penalty shootouts against Chile in the Last 16.”

Those shootouts were followed by a 7-1 loss to Germany in the semi-final though…

“I struggled to understand what happened, I still don’t really know today,” Cesar admitted.

“Germany knew our weaknesses, but we showed them to them like an open book. We played badly, badly, badly.

“I was on the pitch thinking: ‘come on Julio, it’s a nightmare, wake up now’.

“Then Thiago Silva at half-time. It was already 5-0, he tried to give us a shake. But there was an eerie silence in that dressing room, no-one was talking.

“Football is like that, it’s like life. It doesn’t always embrace you, and sometimes it makes you face unimaginable things. That's where you have to prove you're a strong person inside.

“Did something like that happen to Gigi Buffon? That penalty you could give or not give, but if you’re the referee you can also do the other part and not send off Buffon.

“That said, Gigi said himself that he could have expressed certain things in a different way. But when the adrenaline is pumping, you can say things that you can regret later.

“I never did that in such important moments, I said everything to [Gianluca] Rocchi when I saved a penalty from [Marek] Hamsik and he didn’t notice that [Hugo] Campagnaro had come in to the box well in advance to score the rebound.

“And I got in to it with [Nicola] Rizzoli who whistled for a penalty for a non-existent foul on [Kevin-Prince] Boateng. In fact he later said publicly it was wrong.”

Cesar was then asked to tell a story from his career he hadn’t told anyone…

“I had recently arrived at Inter, we were second in the league. Palermo-Inter.

“In the midweek [Coach Roberto] Mancini tells me: ‘I know Eugenio Corini well, if we put the wall on the other side on free-kicks we’ll cause him problems’.

“I was perplexed, but I told him: ‘you’re the boss, I’ll do what you tell me’. On Saturday Corini gets a free-kick and puts it in the top corner.

“Three weeks later we go to Turin to play Juventus. Mancini: ‘I played with [Pavel] Nedved, look out for a free-kick low to your near post’.

“Nedved gets a free-kick. Over the wall and 2-0. The journalists started hammering me: how bad is Julio Cesar on free-kicks?

“I took Mancio to one side and said: ‘Boss, let me do this. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but from now on I choose, OK?”

Netherlands

Fucking Mancini, that's amazing.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    LOL

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I wonder why he came out with that right now omfg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

8. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    More evidence of Mancini's master class coaching...

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yep, not Mancini's fault.

Julio Cesar needs to check his IQ for even considering to listen to Mancini.

They said its never the coach, the player always have ti share the blame.

So they said.
    Wallace

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    LOL!!
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    J.R. Cruz

Netherlands

This legend played his last match tonight. The CL, five Scudetti, a Club World Cup, three Coppa Italia's, four Supercoppa's, two times best GK of the Serie A and one time best GK of Europe in his seven years and exactly 300 matches for Inter.

JULIO RICARDO CRUZ - TUTTI I GOL CONTRO LA RUBENTUS

Indonesia

wish him all the luck for whatever he do next in his life,,
    our great GK,,

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

damn ninjas and their onion chopping in front of me

19. Thanks (3): firmino, Kakaroto, MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Forza Ceasar!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Dropping by to point out that Julio Cesar was MOTM yesterday, and I'm not saying this as a tribute. The guy could've gone up until his 40s if he wanted being a perfectly reliable goalkeeper.

Seeing the Maracanã filled for the first time in many years just to wish him farewell was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in football. As a fan of both Inter and Flamengo, it's been a privilege having this guy wearing both shirts. A true legend.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

I wish I could have a JC jersey...Nike don't make them...idiots...I don't even have a Handa one

24. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

the dream catcher.

obrigado, julio.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    ,how much i regret not buying that white jc shirt dont remember which year it was but that was the most stylish gk shirt we ever had an jc was wearing it!
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    ,how much i regret not buying that white jc shirt dont remember which year it was but that was the most stylish gk shirt we ever had an jc was wearing it!
    i think you can still get it.

if you wanna talk about regrets, I could have gotten a signed Maicon shirt from the visit they made to Bahrain but hesitated for Ibrahim or Adriano at the time and didn't get any. It was Maicons first year here though.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Poland

Grande Julione, Legend

31. Thanks (2): MVD, tanorini

Fav. Player
    Julio Cesar

Canada

Fuck , I should have gone to brazil just to watch this guy.