Thread: 10 years on from Srbrenica

Fav. Player
    Santigol

10 years on from Srbrenica

The worst massacre in European history since WWII.
    It sickens you that people like Radovan Karadzic are still out there, when they should be hanged!
    Croatia will slowly re-group, has the chance to join the EU, Serbia will also get through this..both will slowly but surely move on...but Bosnia will always be left behind because of what has happened.

RIP

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Although the Politics forum is shut, this can be considered one of those events that you should pass briefly on.

Yes, it was one of the worse acts in modern times. Losing 8,000 men, young and old, has a long-lasting effect. Three generations of men were lost and brutally killed, all because of what they believed in, and all in the sight of the UN peacekeepers.

Shame on those who still harbor those two terrorists, eternal shame on them.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

I might sound ignorant, and please forgive me, but what excatly happened there? I have really no memories at all, since I was hmm 11/12 I believe.
    Ich bin muede.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Facade, I'm sure you knew what was occuring in the Balkan war, well with orders for the likes of Bosnian Serb leaders like Radovan Karadzic, 8000 Muslims were massacred in the BIH city of Srbrenica, massacred because of "payback" to what happened in WWII.
    Scum.

I have nothing against Serbs, but I have a thing against Serbs who claim that Karadzic was protecting his people, and a thing against Serbs who suggest that it was just payback for what happened to their people in WWII.
    I don't know the full story, but it's such a shame that both Croatia and SICG both harbour people like that.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Facade, I'm sure you knew what was occuring in the Balkan war, well with orders for the likes of Bosnian Serb leaders like Radovan Karadzic, 8000 Muslims were massacred in the BIH city of Srbrenica, massacred because of "payback" to what happened in WWII.
    Scum.

I have nothing against Serbs, but I have a thing against Serbs who claim that Karadzic was protecting his people, and a thing against Serbs who suggest that it was just payback for what happened to their people in WWII.
    I don't know the full story, but it's such a shame that both Croatia and SICG both harbour people like that.
    Ich bin muede.

6. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

I don't want to go into the political nature of this discussion, as it will inevitably touch on many nerves. I will just concentrate on the human and emotional aspect of the event.

RIP to all those who died at Srebrenica.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

8. Thanks (1): Hasan

Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Scum.

It is sad how humanity can go soo low.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    OK, it's 17 yrs today.

And fucking Serb nationalists making music concert there to celabrate something, on a day of funural of new 550 people found in massive graveyard.

I don't hate, but can't forget.

One story of man who lost five brothers there:

That the eleventh of July I stare into the woods, a place we six brothers, along with thousands of people, we look for salvation in flight and on the same day we are moving to the AL-field, ran into an enemy ambush. No one alive knows how many of our people that were killed, many wounded.
    It was hell, burning the country, and we are unarmed, hungry, naked and barefoot. With the brothers have agreed to part ways at a distance of 50 meters in order not to all of us were killed or captured. Since then, five of his brothers, never heard anything I did - he told us the 41-year old Sakib Alic, today with his father Mehmed and his family resident Doborovaca in Gracanica.

Thanks to the International Red Cross, contacted parents in Gračanica Džakula village, and when the mother heard that her son is alive, she died from too much joy.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

11. Thanks (3): Ana Banana, Devious, DIN011

Hasan, I truly feel sorry for everything happened in Bosnia.

The war in your country especially in Srebrenica was much worse compared to Kosovo, but however it's not like we escaped from not being damaged or something, but then again I still have memories of the war which I surely will never forget in my life.

Switzerland

One of the true low points in humanity; Serbian aggression, rape, murder and, frankly, some unspeakable crimes...I've read a few books on it and it is chilling to know the sort of things that happened - and that these were merely the ones that found their way to some form of reporting, imagine what didn't get reported

The brainwashing I experienced in the US for years of how benevolent, democratic etc. was shattered upon realizing how Clinton & the US knowingly/willingly let Bosnia descend into genocide...It was a game changer, it's when I started delving deeper into other political issues that were incorrectly portrayed in the media, i.e. Palestine

Srebenica is where it started, this (Along with Darfur, Congo, Rwanda etc.) is what is meant by 'never again'

Chomsky on Genocide

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    It's a sad thing that people didn't learn anything.

Siniša Mihajlović,

- said that he would like to shake hands with Karadžić and Mladić because they are serbian heros. Sick, sick, sick ...
    - he throw young Ljajić from NT just because boy didn't sing anthem or maybe because boy is ... Again sick, sick, sick ...

Extrems in Srebrenica,

- arange a music concert on a day when 550 people have funural ... that's more than sick.

I am not a rasist but ... they have a democratic president chosen this year who folows that kind of politic. So, that means that most of Serbs are like that and that's sad. Especially in 21 century.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Bull shit war! BULL SHIT! Luckily we somehow escaped it. So much death and destruction, as well as hatred between people was born in it.

I've been on seminars where Bosnians, Serbs and Croatians (along with us and montenegrians) are good, singing and drinking together. It feels.. NORMAL! Just don't start politics, or they will kill eachother. I mean, even the young people are kinda of "brainwashed" by the older and politicians. It has to stop.

I have lot's of Bosnian friends, many born in Bosnia and came here while the war lasted and stayed here. One of them had this on his wall:

"Molim sve prijatelje sa Facebok-a da danas 11.07.2012 ne postavljaju nikakve pjesme na fb , da bi na taj način odali počast nevino stradalim žrtvama u Srebrenici . Pamti i opominji da se nikad i nikome ne ponovi Srebrenica i nikad ne Halali... ko nemisli isto bez komentara.. Hvala"

So i will do it. No songs or parties today. RIP all those who died in Srepbrenica, and all those who died in that war. On all three sides, not only Bosnian.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

16. Thanks (3): Ana Banana, Devious, junkie

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by catanha View Post
    Scum.

well I dont think we harbour people like that, well there always be idiots, but we were attacked like bosnia, I think just in bosnia were more religion involved so the massace is bigger, then we also have vukovar, knin...and I understand soldiers and people really envolved in the war celebrating people like gotovina, norac and other generals that was defending their country because, when I see my friends brother who was in war with only 18 years on front line and now on meds and not in function to have normal life because he saw lots of his friend dead you simply can tell him to think otherwise, because his hole life was pointles then...you just can take that from him...

I have a roomate from bosnia, from jajce and sometimes he talk to me about the war in bosnia and i talk about how was it in croatia and some storys was just brutal, no man, woman and child shoul go trough this...

R.I.P. Srebrenica

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Bull shit war! BULL SHIT! Luckily we somehow escaped it. So much death and destruction, as well as hatred between people was born in it.

I've been on seminars where Bosnians, Serbs and Croatians (along with us and montenegrians) are good, singing and drinking together. It feels.. NORMAL! Just don't start politics, or they will kill eachother. I mean, even the young people are kinda of "brainwashed" by the older and politicians. It has to stop.

I have lot's of Bosnian friends, many born in Bosnia and came here while the war lasted and stayed here. One of them had this on his wall:

"Molim sve prijatelje sa Facebok-a da danas 11.07.2012 ne postavljaju nikakve pjesme na fb , da bi na taj način odali počast nevino stradalim žrtvama u Srebrenici . Pamti i opominji da se nikad i nikome ne ponovi Srebrenica i nikad ne Halali... ko nemisli isto bez komentara.. Hvala"

So i will do it. No songs or parties today. RIP all those who died in Srepbrenica, and all those who died in that war. On all three sides, not only Bosnian.
    totally agree with you
    “ Essere nerazzurri è come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. ” - Il dottore

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Just a friendly reminder to please keep the posts in this thread for remembrance and not on discussions or worse, flames.

RIP to the victims too

Switzerland

I remember reading an article several years ago about the generations of psychological impact that was lying ahead for Bosnia...and that even if they had an army of psychologists to nurture them, it would take generations to get past the trauma of what they experienced...It really is unimaginable and it's always been my hope that these sorts of things are assured of never being repeated

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

RIP to all of the victims.

I wont say anything about the wars in the balkans, cuz shit can get nasty

btw, FCBarca Im looking for the title of a book on crime wars in Kosovo, id recommend that to you since you are into things like this

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by NajkihhInterista View Post
    btw, FCBarca Im looking for the title of a book on crime wars in Kosovo, id recommend that to you since you are into things like this
    Please do, I'm a history buff and I'm familiar with Kosovo's plight as well

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    I remember reading an article several years ago about the generations of psychological impact that was lying ahead for Bosnia...and that even if they had an army of psychologists to nurture them, it would take generations to get past the trauma of what they experienced...It really is unimaginable and it's always been my hope that these sorts of things are assured of never being repeated
    I would call that kind of trauma like "too much pride" or something and than we can see use of too much agression for some normal, regular things.
    Every 50-60 yrs there was a war on this part of Europe but last one was hardest for Bosnian people, much stronger oponent atacked and cattenaccio was only way to survive.