Thread: 20-07-05 - 2005/2006's first real day of work

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

20-07-05 - 2005/2006's first real day of work

A recount of today:

---

Inter have just beaten Bolzano 3-0 at their retreat in North Italy. The players who weren't selected for tonights Trofeo Tim played in this game.

It took until the 24th minute for the deadlock to be broken. Lampros Choutos scored his first goal in a Nerazzurro shirt to make the score 1-0. In the 48th minute, the Greek striker struck again - evading a tackle and shooting after a through ball from one of his teammates.

Substitutes then took their place in the team as virtually the whole first team was replaced. One of these substitutes, Diarra scored the final goal of the game. A brilliant deep cross from Germinale was controlled in the box by Diarra, who skipped a player and scored the 3rd goal of the game.

The Nerazzurri dominated the game and if they had not failed to convert their chances, the gap in goals could have been much bigger.

Tonight sees the 5th edition of the Trofeo Tim in the Nereo Rocco stadium in Trieste. This triangular tournament sees Inter, Juventus and Milan play their first matches of the new season against each other. All of Inter's acquisitions so far have been included in the squad for tonights two 45 minute games.

Here is the Inter line-up for the first game, a derby:

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar, 2 Cordoba, 3 Wome, 4 Solari, 5 Stankovic, 6 C.Zanetti, 7 Zé Maria , 8 Pizarro, 9 Cruz, 10 Martins, 23 Materazzi
    Substitutes: 12 Carini, 13 Arrieta, 14 Giani, 15 Karagounis, 16 Momentč, 17 Belaid
    Manager: Roberto Mancini

Julio Cesar, Santiago Solari, Pierre Wome and David Pizarro all make their Inter debuts while winner of "Campione il Sogno" (The Italian football reality TV programme) Christian Arrieta takes his place on the bench.

The loser of this game will go on to face Juventus before the winner.

Check this page later on after the tournament to see how the Nerazzurri fared against the Rossoneri and the Bianconeri.

FORZA INTER!

UPDATE: Inter have won the Trofeo Tim after beating both rivals Milan and Juventus in this pre season summer tournament.

The first game of the night with the Milan derby. It was a tight game where Inter should have won had they converted their chances. Ex. Nerazzurro Christian Vieri should have scored on his first game for the Rossoneri too. But during the 45 minute period, an impressive Julio Cesar ensured that his clean sheet wasn't dirtied. Then the penalties came. Fresh from their penalty shoot out nightmares against Liverpool in the Champions League final, Milan did it again. Arrieta missed for Inter and Serginho for Milan. During the sudden death Massimo Ambrosini missed for the Rossoneri, therefore all Pierre Wome had to do was score to ensure the victory. He duly did this.

The 2nd game finished 2-1 in Milans favour against Juventus thanks to goals from Vieri (a penalty(M)), Rui Costa (M) and Trezeguet (J).

The 2nd game was the Derby D'Italia. Once again it was a tight game in Trieste. Juventus had the biggest chances, hitting the post twice - but Inter's defence held strong and didn't concede to Juventus. Obafemi Martins was bought on to lighten up the show - and that is exactly what he did. A neat through ball from David Pizarro put Dejan Stankovic through on goal. However, instead of shooting the Serb passed the ball square to ObaGol who was there to tap the ball into an empty net. 1-0. This goal ensured the Nerazzurri won their fourth consecutive Tim Cup. Of the new signings, all impressed - however Santiago Solari seems to have found it the toughest to adapt to Italian football.

This Inter is potentially a very good side, and when the likes of Veron, Adriano, Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti return to the side they could be strong contenders for major honours this season.

FORZA INTER!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

good post, Fabio !!!!
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    i have no intetion of reading that...

too long post..........
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Thats very nice..

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Fab I didn't know you could right

Great post my friend.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto
    Fab I didn't know you could right
    We all can right, write?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I sure can write right!

Fabio

P.S Thanks Hamed
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Very good report man.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Thanks again, it's always harder for people to get information about these smaller games - and seeing as I got to watch all of them that day. I hope it helped.

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

it helps
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cro nerazzurri
    i have no intetion of reading that...

too long post..........
    Maybe wrong thread for ya!

I just read this and I wish I had done earlier! Thanks Fabio!
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv