Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Walter Zenga

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    The first bit says: Walter Zenga, a symbol for us, an example for others.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Zenga was a fantastic player but that does not necessarily make him a good coach. It would be nice to have him one day sitting on Inter's bench but he needs to coach in Italy and prove he has what it takes before he can even be considered for a coaching position at a club like Inter.

When I was little boy, before I started supporting Inter and before I even knew who Zenga was, I was playing school boy soccer. I must have been 10 or 11 years old and I was Captain of my team. I played as a full back and I remember a week in training when we practiced taking penalties. We then played on the Saturday and despite there being better penalty takers in the team, they all lost their nerve when it came to taking a spot kick in a match. We were awarded a penalty kick and everyone turned to me. It was the first time I got anywhere near the penalty box letalone take a penalty. I nervously stepped up to take it and the keeper dived and saved it. When he got up, he was celebrating and was saying "Zenga! Zenga!" I had no idea what what he was saying or who Zenga was. I went back to my poition demoralised and never took another penalty. That is the first time I heard of Zenga.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Hehe, I'm sure Walter would be a bit pleased to hear that

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Quote Originally Posted by Puma
    Zenga was a fantastic player but that does not necessarily make him a good coach. It would be nice to have him one day sitting on Inter's bench but he needs to coach in Italy and prove he has what it takes before he can even be considered for a coaching position at a club like Inter.

When I was little boy, before I started supporting Inter and before I even knew who Zenga was, I was playing school boy soccer. I must have been 10 or 11 years old and I was Captain of my team. I played as a full back and I remember a week in training when we practiced taking penalties. We then played on the Saturday and despite there being better penalty takers in the team, they all lost their nerve when it came to taking a spot kick in a match. We were awarded a penalty kick and everyone turned to me. It was the first time I got anywhere near the penalty box letalone take a penalty. I nervously stepped up to take it and the keeper dived and saved it. When he got up, he was celebrating and was saying "Zenga! Zenga!" I had no idea what what he was saying or who Zenga was. I went back to my poition demoralised and never took another penalty. That is the first time I heard of Zenga.
    .....as the great Robbie Baggio said, it is the great players who miss penalties, so stop being a wimp and go out there and take another penalty, just remember, if the keeper saves it and starts yelling "Buffon Buffon!"....kick the ball right into his testicular area, or as we in Argentina like to call it, the Pele area.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    at the Pélé area

Fav. Player
    Recoba, Stankov

grande Walter Zenga

avanti stella rossa

ZVEZDA JE ZIVOT OSTALO SU SITNICE!
    FORZA INTER
    RED STAR FOREVER

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Walter Zenga would be a great coach. He has authority and the heart to show this ****in millionaires how to run.... Finally an idol at san siro.... I hope he will come back some day... He was the first Inter Player i took notice of in 90 at the WC. After the WC i became Inter Fan, so he was a great idol for me ever since...
    Inter o Morte

I made a all Forza Inter Forums FB Group. Join and unite!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259598095531

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Red Star Belgrade won the championship, here's the congratulations message from Inter.it.

I want Zenga to be our next coach.

www.inter.it
    I COMPLIMENTI DELL'INTER A WALTER ZENGA
    MILANO - Superando 2-0 l'OFK, la Stella Rossa di Belgrado allenata da Walter Zenga ha vinto con tre giornate di anticipo la Prva Liga di Serbia&Montenegro. Per l'ex portiere nerazzurro si tratta del secondo titolo nazionale conquistato in due stagioni dopo quello dell'anno scorso in Romania.
    All'amico Walter Zenga (nella foto dal suo sito ufficiale) i complimenti del presidente Giacinto Facchetti e di tutta l'Inter.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Well done Zenga. I personally think that he needs to stay there for another year and if Mancini fails to deliver next season, we can take the risk of appointing him as our coach.

Just imagine this, Zenga winning the Scudetto in his maiden year in Serie A in our centenary year.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Weldone Zenga.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Well done Zenga. I personally think that he needs to stay there for another year and if Mancini fails to deliver next season, we can take the risk of appointing him as our coach.

Just imagine this, Zenga winning the Scudetto in his maiden year in Serie A in our centenary year.

Handyo
    That centenary year. I don't like it at all. Zenga could ligthen it up a bit, since our players don't give a ratass about it now nor they will give it in 2008. Zenga cares about it and he could do something to get those horses asses running and fighting.

But Zenga, didn't he also won the Rumenian title last season?

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Zenga coming to us as coach would be a fantastic thing,i agree with han,if mancini fails to deliver,bring Zenga(Or Trapattoni,Or Murinho,Or Benitez),any of them would be great buy my first choice would be zenga.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled
    Zenga coming to us as coach would be a fantastic thing,i agree with han,if mancini fails to deliver,bring Zenga(Or Trapattoni,Or Murinho,Or Benitez),any of them would be great buy my first choice would be zenga.
    even though Zenga is my favorite player of all time, then I don't think he is quite ready to coach us yet. he need some more experience with bigger teams. but when he have done so I think we should consider it, but we also have to keep in mind that even though he was maybe the best goalie ever then he might not be a good coach, and that is what we need right now. until then we should get someone else.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Zenga needs to coach in italy before anything else happens with Inter...

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    Was Mancio ready back in the time? He's trainer experience was as short as Zenga's when he came here. Italian experience? Don't count for me. Mourinho don't have it, Benitez don't have it. He's experience came from playing career already. Zenga didn't have experiene when going to Serbia either, yet he won in his first season. If he's a great manager, then experience doesen't count at all.

But knowing Moratti, he won't come even if someone named Mourinho, Capello or Benitez would win us a Scudetto and resign next season.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    If Zenga was as good as Jose, then no he wouldnt need any italian coaching.

Quite frankly tho, his not even close. I would only do him better coaching in italy again.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Well Helal, if next year Zenga was hired by, say, Benfica and then he delivers the SuperLiga, League Cup and CL or even UEFA Cup for them and Mancini fails to win again next season, bringing Liverani, S.Inzaghi, Oddo, Pandev, Couto, Nedved & S.Conceicao to Inter then...

Wishful thinking though...

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Well Helal, if next year Zenga was hired by, say, Benfica and then he delivers the SuperLiga, League Cup and CL or even UEFA Cup for them and Mancini fails to win again next season, bringing Liverani, S.Inzaghi, Oddo, Pandev, Couto, Nedved & S.Conceicao to Inter then...

Wishful thinking though...
    well that would be another matter, but that is really unrealistic, I wouldn't even try to guess the chance for that happen. it would be something like a one out of a thousand. besides for my behalf he would have to win the cl, before I would even consider it with such a team the UEFA CUP is far from enough, since everyone can win it and I really don't rate it very highly.

besides I'm hoping that I'll get Mancini's head on a silver plate when this season has ended. and a extra plus would be to get Moratti and his board as well.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He doesn't absolutely need to coach in Italy but he does need a league with perhaps more competition than the Romanian or Serbian one. Bundesliga or Ligue 1 perhaps?

Nevertheless congrats to Zenga for his success in Eastern Europe.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

I don't think walter will coach any other team but Inter in serie a. I don't think he would be willing knowing his affection for Inter could interfere with his duties when his side plays against Inter.

He still needs some exp but I don't think he needs to coach in italy. He knows the league and Inter very well so there really isn't much he could learn that he doesn't know by coaching another team in serie a.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com