Thread: Fredholm: Economical policy my ass

Jimmy

Fredholm: Economical policy my ass

Since a couple of years back, we have begun an era where the economy should be prioritised. It works well until we are about to sell players. Then we drop all of the work that is needed and make it easy for us. ďYou get a few millions from us, and we wonít have to see you again. Deal?Ē

Us Inter fans are starting to realise the fact that we arenít as rich as we think we are, and ever since Facchetti took over we have begun a project where the economy should be the first brick of a foundation to stabilise this team. Thatís why we have witnessed players like Cambiasso arriving to the club. He came for free, and thatís exactly what our aims have been for the last couple of years.

Itís a good policy in my opinion and the fact that we have closed the economical resources that are within the club is only to our advantage, as our staff canít sign players left and right. We have also started with a wage-roof. That wage-roof is at Ä3.5 million. Another step into the right direction.

So far so good. There are however two sorts of transfers that can be made. When it comes to sign players, we follow the new policy. It all crashes down when it comes to selling players though. The last player we sold for great money was Hernan Crespo, and if it wasnít for a crazy Russian, we wouldnít have been able to pull off that deal either.

We have started an insane path where we release players that we donít want in the club. We pay them to leave, despite several interested clubs knocking on the door. This will become- and already is a vicious circle. All other clubs are aware of that if they want to sign a player from Inter, they can just wait, because they know that eventually Inter will release this player for free.

If Iím not mistaken, the first player to begin on this path was Sergio ConceiÁao. A player with a good reputation, despite his miserable time with Inter. We bought out his contract, and today he is a captain for Standard Liege and a highly respected player in the Belgian league.

Luigi Di Biagio would be the next victim. He arrived during the pre-season, but was frozen out of the squad immediately, and it was obvious he would leave the club. He was a player who still were of very high class, and with a lot of Italian clubs interested. We give him a few million bucks to take his stuff elsewhere and look for a new club. He becomes a key-player with Brescia.

Then we have the most insane deal in modern time. When we released Daniele Adani for free. He came from a season where he had been a starter for Inter, and was knocking on the door for the Italian National Team. He wasnít wanted in the team when Mancini took over, and how difficult could it have been to sell such a respected player within Serie A? But Branca and Oriali was too lazy to get up on the mornings and sit down at the negotiation-table with interested teams, so we made the agony short and annulled his contract.

We have sadly showed during this season, that we havenít learned from our previous mistakes. The word rescinde have flourished around Inter during the entire market. The bomb was dropped at the first of July. Christian Vieriís contract was annulled and he got a big sum for this. One of Italyís most respected player, who still are of high quality, is allowed to leave his team for free plus getting a lot of pocket money. Was there really no team that was interested in buying him? Of course there was, but why should those teams bother when they are perfectly aware of how Inter will deal with this matter?

The other day, came the next rescinde. Stephane Dalmat signed for Spanish Racing Santander, and immediately one asked himself how much money we got for him. A few days later it became obvious that we had once again annulled a contract, despite that there were at least three teams who were interested in Dalmat. The same player reveals that Inter will pay his wages for his last year with Inter.

Excuse my choice of word, but what the hell is our management thinking? These are just a few examples of players who have been allowed to leave for free, despite having a good reputation within the football world. The money we have been able to save from not signing expensive players, have been wasted by releasing players for free. This does not improve our clubs finances, and even worse is that we will always have troubles selling players for good money. For example, we could see Emre leaving the club for approximately Ä5 million. Markus Rosenberg left MalmŲ for approximately Ä4.7 million. Thereís something that isnít right when you compare the two players, their statuses and the teams who were involved with the deals.

I am positive that we will keep releasing players this summer. Itís first and foremost two players that are in danger of being the next victims. Iím talking about Francesco Coco and Edgar Davids. Especially Davids is a player whose reputation is still huge and no club would turn him down. They are however waiting for Moratti to make that call to Davidsí agent where he proposed to cancel his contract.

We are way too nice to both teams and players. If it doesnít suit them to stay with Inter, and they want to leave, we shouldnít give them pocket money to leave. Put the players to spend rest of their contracts with the Primavera tea. We must get back our status as a club who can also sell players for good money. It doesnít even have to be good money. We canít lose money if we for example sell Vieri for Ä2 million. We will lose money when we pay him to go to our biggest rival.

We have done great transfers into the club the last couple of years when it comes financially, and when we also realise that we can make money by selling players also, we will re-build our economy which has been destroyed by a crazy Moratti and insane wages.

Jimmy Fredholm

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    In a nutshell, cancelling Vieri's, Adani's, Di Biagio's, Conceicao's, etc contracts just negates out the positive of not splashing the money on a player. Good point Jimmy. You might also want to add the fact that by getting players just because they're free, we also have to pay their wages and this, in a way, is just an expense, just like transfer fees. Classic examples of such players are Choutos, Davids, Wome and so on.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

It also shows that our management is impotent when it comes to negotiations to sell players. It's like when you are a kid and have a good toy, something wrong happens with is, and instead of fixing it you throw it and get a new one.

I thought this would stop since our new policy has been adopted. I tried to convince myself that we are just harvestingt the bad seeds from the crazy days. However, we did it with Davids, and I heared Evra saying today that Inter offered him a very financially lucrative deal to join us.

So it seems we didn't learn. We will still sign average players for wages around 3M, and then find ourselves paying their last year for free.

I really do think we have to get rid of Branca and Oriali, enough is enough.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

sharp writing from Jimmy....,

I will probably add few things..,

I don't know what in their mind... but I believe it's from worst to bad....
    It's probably the effect we take from our bad transfer campaign in the past, it's like we have to pay the installment over things we no longer enjoy....

On Emre, yeah... we probably don;t make good negotiation on them.. The thing is that everyone we know we have way too much surplus in our hand, we have to pay emre's salary and keep him but making him unhappy by benching him or release him with low price... but the players will be happt to be starter somewhere else...
    Probably Emre's hughe salary is also a major factor to make his price lower...

The same thing is probably happening to Dalmat, Dalmat has too much wage and probably bonus clause that makes him improsibble to be even loaned out without inter paying part of his salary.... and Dalmat has such an ego that he doesnt have to play for small team, he can still enjoy his salary while not playing anywhere..

On Adani, I though it was a dumb move, but few months after that Adani was unable to play due to injury, I don't know if our management has predicted such a thing will happen (they know adani has some kind of injury problem)

On Vieri, I can understand this if we are getting another young star player, someone better than vieri... or someone who can be greater than current Vieri but willing to be benched.... Otherwise I don't understand this move....
    -----------------------

Syria

10 years of FIF
    We have started an insane path where we release players that we donít want in the club. We pay them to leave, despite several interested clubs knocking on the door.

i like what u said but,

how can you be so sure that clubs were so interested? you cant just assume that somebody is willing to pay. We dont always know 'exactly' what is going on.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I think that we are paying for our past mistakes when it comes to - not being able to sell players. Players like Vieri, Di Biagio, Conceicao, Adani took advtage of that. We can't also blame the players, after all there's where money comes for them. May be we have realised our past mistakes and are now working on that. But I won't get shocked if that trend continues for some more time with few more players; as there are still few players who are getting more wage than they deserve.

To me the biggest problem that I see is that the player may refuse to go to the club that is willing to buy him. Such scenarios may have happend without us knowing.

All in all I am disapointed with our transfers on their way out to me that is just a joke. We must have a hard line in place.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    I think that we are paying for our past mistakes when it comes to - not being able to sell players. Players like Vieri, Di Biagio, Conceicao, Adani took advtage of that. We can't also blame the players, after all there's where money comes for them. May be we have realised our past mistakes and are now working on that. But I won't get shocked if that trend continues for some more time with few more players; as there are still few players who are getting more wage than they deserve.

yeah, I also think so. We are paying for the past mistakes. However, as a titlechaseing team, even you can't settle down all players, even there are some players get wages than they deserve, if only they are good players, the managers of inter shouldn't send them to our rival, such as Cana, Bobo. For this reason, i can accept the transfer of Davids, but not Vieri's.