Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter's England trip cancelled - Trip will happen

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF

Inter's England trip cancelled - Trip will happen

MILANO - Il calcio fa un passo indietro davanti ai fatti sempre più gravi che toccano la sensibilità di tutti. Per questo motivo, accertata la situazione, la Società ha deciso di annullare la tournè della squadra in Inghilterra per non gravare ulteriormente sulle attività delle forze di sicurezza, già severamente impegnate.
    L’Inter continuerà la preparazione a Brunico anche la prossima settimana, programmando una nuova serie di gare amichevoli.

--

It says that England trip has been cancelled due the situation in England, wich we all know. The squad stays in Brunico for the next week.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Jimmy
    I think it's a good decision. No one gains on that a bunch of scared players plays matches.

Of course, this complicate matters for us when it comes to match-practice.

We should play with a Serie C1 side or even Serie B.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

This is hard to take, I booked my holidays around this friendly - and now this. Maybe something could have been done, but Inter didn't want to take the risk.....so I guess I respect that.

FORZA INTER!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    An explainable decision, considering the situation in England now. But from what I read from the article in Inter.it, they mentioned that a new series of friendlies will be planned. So, I hope there'll be at least match practice for the team before the Supercup match against Juventus.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Ronnie , L'Impe

Moratti and Mancini confirmed the England Trip ... it will happen ... moratti says it'll happen for respect of english people
    Interistoo 4Life ... Just Death Seperates Me and BlacknBLue Flag

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ALBO
    Moratti and Mancini confirmed the England Trip ... it will happen ... moratti says it'll happen for respect of english people
    FYI, the England friendlies were cancelled one day after Moratti and Mancini said they would "honour their commitments". So I think it's confirmed cancelled.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I think it's a good decision. No one gains on that a bunch of scared players plays matches.

Of course, this complicate matters for us when it comes to match-practice.
    So because you think it's a good decision you believe that anyone who disagrees is wrong?

I think it's a shocking decision. Anything but a brave one and it says a lot about the attitude of our players.
    Meglio sconfitti che milanisti

Jimmy
    Isn't the whole thing with disagreeing, meant that I think that person would be wrong?

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Disagree
    dis·a·gree
    intr.v. dis·a·greed, dis·a·gree·ing, dis·a·grees
    1) To fail to correspond: our figures disagree. See Synonyms at differ.
    2) To have a differing opinion: She disagrees with him on everything. They say it will rain, but I disagree.
    3) To dispute or quarrel.
    4) To cause adverse effects: Caffeine disagrees with me.

Handyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Isn't the whole thing with disagreeing, meant that I think that person would be wrong?
    It would indeed. I should have said "Anyone you disagree with should be silenced".

As on the other thread where a Palace fan and myself were invited to go off to our own forums.
    Meglio sconfitti che milanisti

Jimmy
    Members who registers just for the sake to bash this club won't be tolerated. And he had created two topics of the same things, while this one was already existed.

It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with the original point, but the way the point has been carried out won't be tolerated here.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Doesnt change much for me, the players didnt want to go i guess. I respect that.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Think if the tour was in Australia...

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    London mayor slams ‘silly’ Inter
    Saturday 23 July, 2005
    Inter’s decision to cancel a pre-season tour of England because of safety fears has been criticised by London mayor Ken Livingstone.

"I think that it is a very silly thing to do because it is playing the terrorists' game. They want to change the way we live," Livingstone told Sky News.

"I am sure the terrorists will be celebrating their decision. The idea there might not be an attack back home (in Milan), that they are more safe there than here, is a complete illusion.
    (channel4)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    CLUBS FUME AT INTER

Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Norwich have slammed Internazionale's decision to cancel their tour of England.
    Jordan was left fuming and he is ready to instigate legal action against the Italians, as they were due to play Palace as part of the deal which saw Gonzalo Sorondo and Nicola Ventola arrive at the club last season.

"Our situation is very different from the three other clubs where we did a deal where we spent £2.5 million on players and part of that deal was that they would come and play a game," he told Sky Sports News.

whole thing: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...&channel=italy
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

If the players dont feel safe about going to england right now then whats wrong with that.

Personally I wouldnt go to England/London right now either. This is just like the weeks after 9/11 no one wanted to come to NYC then same thing in London now especially as there have been 2 strikes. Dont blame them hopefully they will treat the english fans next year

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by London Mayor
    "I think that it is a very silly thing to do because it is playing the terrorists' game. They want to change the way we live," Livingstone told Sky News.

"I am sure the terrorists will be celebrating their decision. The idea there might not be an attack back home (in Milan), that they are more safe there than here, is a complete illusion.
    He's absolutely right. I think this is a very bad decision. And no, it's not because I live in England and I wanted to go see the games. I wasn't going anyway, I don't have much money at the moment and I'll probably be working anyway. I'll be going to Milan in October.

But Mr Livingstone said it all. We are changing plans because of terrorists. That's disgraceful
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    we arent scared of them, they want attack us but we couldnt concentrate on trainings and games...

i agree its playing terrorist s game but we are talking about football here, trip to england now wouldnt help us at all
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Jimmy
    By saying we should go to a country where people won't feel safe, is the same as telling all imigrants in the world who has fled their countries because they don't feel safe, to return back and "fight" their enemies.

These are human beings who reacts differently.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I really don't see a reason why you should feel safer in Milan than in London. If you're afraid of terrorist attacks, there is no safe place.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion