Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your predictions for season 2005/06

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Your predictions for season 2005/06

It'll be fun to check this thread in June 2006.

Just post your predictions on how this coming season will go. You might include:

Best player(s), surprise player, top scorer, disappointments, how we'll go in Serie A/CL, which players will play and perform consistently, who will always go on the bench or in the stands...

Just post your thoughts. It would have been fun if we had a similar thread for last year, and go and read it now, see how many people believed in Cambiasso and so on. With this thread all the information will be in one place, easy to find.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I'll start then.

I think our player of the year will be David Pizarro. He will get to play regularly at some point, due to an injury to Veron, and he'll conquer Serie A.

Another key player for us will be Obafemi Martins, who will establish himself as Adriano's partner.

Cambiasso, Cordoba, Capitano, Adriano will confirm all what good they did last year.

Veron will be the disappointment, due to Pizarro's role in the team.

Recoba will have a very GOOD season (I hope I won't laugh at this line in June!)

I see Kily (if he stays) and Karagounis staying on the bench regularly. C Zanetti will get his fair share of games.

I rather not say anything about how we'll do in Serie A/CL because I don't want to jinx it.

My doubts/hopes are Samuel and Figo: deep inside me I'm sure they will be great and they will give us the quality we need to complete this team, but I can't help being worried about them, especially Samuel. Inter fans will be quick at dismissing him as 'another Matrix' if his start is shaky.

That's it for now...
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

I See Samuel doing very well and doing well most of the season.
    I Also think that Figo will play well most of the season, and will score a very important goals for us in the CL.
    About the Midfield i think that Pizarro and Cambiasso will play regulary, as Veron will be injured like Frisko said. C.Zanetti will leave us.
    Adriano is also going to play well, and Martins see some matches from the bench, he will have a similar season like he just had, but in the end he will have a great time in the attack and score many important goals also.
    Kara will leave us in the middle of the season in the next transfer window.
    Im Back..

I dont expect us to win something. Im always pessimistic. Its better like that than expecting than being dissapointed in the end. Always said Mancini's project needs 2-3 years and YES I DO expect honors from the following 2006-7 campaign. Not denying the fact that Im not optimistic this year tough. We can show a lot of good football and If the honors arrive before my schedule Its even better....
    MY LIFE IS INTER

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Nice! You mirror my thoughts Xandru. I too think this current squad needs 1 full season to finally gel and work smoothly.

This could sound naive, but I think our management has told Mancini that his job is safe and they don't expect a scudetto or a CL crown this year.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    so ok think player of the year will be veron hell play a lot even if pizarro will do well to but veron will still be number 1 this season
    surprise player i belive Recoba coz this year he ll play on a constant level
    top scorer Adriano
    killy will go a lot on bench but hell have a lot of subs action while kara will sit on bench most time without playing ( saidly)
    i think figo will also be a surprise coz he ll play good on a constant level
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

best players: samuel, solari, adriano
    surprise player: wome
    top scorer: adriano
    disappointments: none hopefully, maybe figo
    serie a: champions
    champions league: quarter finals
    consistant: j. zanetti, toldo, cordoba, cambiasso
    bench: stankovic
    stands: recoba
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

I like what Frisko wrote, but maybe I would say that the dispaointment may not be Veron but one of our new signings if they don't work.

This can be Recobas chance!
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Predictions right now Top Scorer clearly the Worlds greatest striker Leite Riberio ADRIANO!!! Best Player as always J.Zanetti and also Adriano top scorer has to be considered one of our bests, cambiasso and I think our new additions in Samuel and Figo could definetley have great seasons. Suprise player of the year will be Julio Cesar I hear reports he will be our starter and He looks great. Disappointment I have to say it will probably be Recoba again but I hope he will prove me wrong. Also I think Stan will be disappointing with Figo Solari and Pizarro brought in I don't see a role for Stan in the starting XI. Predictions now INTER WILL WIN THE SCUDETTO!!! VAFFANCULO MILAN AND GOBBI. I don't think we will win the champions league cause something always goes wrong but I can see us going Quarter Finals/Semi Finals. If we win I wouldn't be suprised but I believe strongly in scudetto so I'm not putting too much pressure to win CL although it would be Fantastic.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    There can be no best player IMO. Different positions, different roles etc etc.
    Consistent players:Toldo,Samuel,J.Zanetti,Cordoba,Cambiasso,F igo
    Surprise:Ze Maria,Wome,Solari
    Dissapointment:Materazzi,Mihaljovic
    Top scorer:Adriano/Recoba
    Stands/Bench:Karagounis,C.Zanetti,Cruz
    Serie A: Top 2
    CL:Semis+ (depending on the draw)
    Coppa Italia: Finalists(with "reserves")
    Super Coppa:Winners(beat Juve in penalties )

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I will not make predictions o who will be our best players.

But I expect inter to win the scudetto and atleast semei's in cl.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

I think our player of the year will be Cordoba. He was one of our best players last season and with Samuel as his partner I can only see him getting even better.

The disappointment will be Figo, he is use to Spanish football where he has played for 10 years, and coming to Italy after so long in that league is very hard and the most players fail in their first season.

The surprise: J. Cesar he has impressed Mancini and if Toldo dos not make huge improvements I see him taking his spot doing the season.

Serie a: I don't think we will win it but the second place is very realistic

CL: We have to qualify first , but in case we qualify I think we will go through to the semi-finals where we will be kicked out of AC Merda "AGAIN " (I just jinx it)

Top scorer: can't be any other then Adriano

Coppa Italia: I guess we will win it again

Super Coppa: We will win it with 3-1 and Cruz will score one of the goals.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I think we'll do well, generally, in both Serie A and the CL.

Pizzaro, Samuel will perform magically well, Samuel establishing himself as Cordoba's worthy parner in defence, and Pizzaro taking over Veron's role in midfield, beside Cambiasso.

Solari will excel in the left flank, keeping Kily on the bench. Figo performs relatively well too, but Mancini will opt to rotate him and Stankovic more often.

Martins will also do well, better than last season, and thus, becomes the automatic first choice for Adriano's partner, if he isn't already.

Wome would be the surprise player of the season, coming in for Favalli due to injury problems. He'll be consistent, and do well, but not really world-class stuff yet.

Julio Cesar will be given a chance midway through the season, given his good performances in small CL matches, and will prove himself to be an extremely good keeper, and our future goalkeeper.

Recoba would not have a chance to play often, due to Adriano's and Martins' form, and be yet another super-sub. Cruz will continue mauling Gobbi when given the chance. Mihajlovic will leave on a bitter note, not having played very often this season. Maybe along with Materazzi, with the introduction of Burdisso in defence.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bit of fantasy there.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Here goes..

I predict Inter will do really well in the scudetto. Whether we will win or not is a shady patch as my vision only extends so far. However, i'm pretty sure we're going to be challengers all the way.

The best player in Inter's camp will be the usual suspects - Il Capitano, Cordoba, Cambiasso and Adriano.

Top scorer will have to be Adriano, without a doubt. He's going to top his goal tally for last year and some!

The big surprise will be Figo, in that he will actually perform well. Wome will be another surprise, especially considering he's pretty much not in the public's attention at all.

All in all, i see a good season for Inter. Whether we finish the seasons as champions or not, we're certainly going to challenge Milan and Juve in a way unlike last season. we're not going to be points behind them but in the same points zone as them.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Biggest disappointment will be Figo. He was already not playing well last season in madrid due to his age, he's getting slow and less confident getting past players. Seeing how tight and rough the italian football is, i doubt he will play as good as he did when he was in barcelona. Italian football is just not suitable to him and he's too old to be a solid winger.

Player and goalscorer of the season will be Adriano for sure.

Surprise is either solari or pizarro

Serie A: 1st
    CL: QF
    Coppa Italia: Winners
    Best Player: Oba
    Consistent Players: Pizarro, Adriano, Oba, J.Cesar, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cordoba and Javier
    Biggest Surprise: Figo and J.Cesar, Recoba
    Biggest Flops: Favalli and Wome

The rest will have average to good seasons.
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Just like Miki said, I too think and and confident that we will do well this season. As for winning trophies, I am not sure if we can do that. The best thing to do is let every week pass by and see how we do in the table after each and every matches.

We just can't win only if we have a good team on paper, as there are many factors that decides it. It seems different for Juventus, but I also think that clubs like us did help them alot to achieve what they have got uptil now. But now, it seems that Inter is slowly getting back and no longer it will be easy for Juventus.

All we have to do is keep on continuing with our job, then the trophies will definitely come one day (Serie/Champs League).

# I do believe that Samuel -- Cordoba will do very well.

# Sadly, we will be looking after a left back next season as well - Maxwell/Evra/Potenza/ ..... Which means that it's gonna be last year for Favalli or Wome.

# Recoba will get his chances and will score some goals (more than last season and the one before) for us.

# Pizarro will definitely play more than Veron, unless he gets injured. So will be the case for J.Cesar.

# Figo will show his worth and the Davids' saga won't be repeated.

# I see Milan doing very well this season, but Inter and Juventus will definitely be there.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I think a moderator should lock this topic the day Serie A starts. We will re-open it in May
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player

Saudi Arabia

10 years of FIF
    best players: cordoba
    surprise player: wome and matrix
    top scorer: adriano(i have some vibs about martins)
    disappointments: solari
    serie a: champions
    champions league: qf
    consistant: j. zanetti, cordoba, veron
    bench: killy, kara
    FORZA INTER

best players: Adriano, Veron, Martins
    surprise player: Figo, Julio Cesar and Recoba
    top scorer: Adriano
    disappointments: Wome maybe
    serie a: Champions
    champions league: Semi Final