Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gianluca Pagliuca

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Gianluca Pagliuca

My Idol/Hero and one of Inter's best goalkeepers he was outstanding for us for the better half of the decade and remains a fantastic goaltender to this date. This thread is so we can talk about great pagliuca moments or if you want to piss me off some mistakes he made lol. Pictures would be appreciated.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    perhaps the best all time inter's keeper . toldo 2nd...but carini can beat him.one day if we give him a chance...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Zenga man, is top then Pagliuca. But they are both in TOP 5 of all-time goalkeepers.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

A legend. What a jersey that was though.

Handyo

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Nice jersey man! I also like Toldo's in his first season(the silver one)

Jimmy
    I've never seen that jersey. It's a masterpiece. I miss Umbro.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Pagliuca used to design his own jerseys.

Do you guys remember his blunder in the WC final in 94? Gosh I loved the way he kissed the post hehe
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Do you guys remember his blunder in the WC final in 94? Gosh I loved the way he kissed the post hehe
    For some reason, I still remember that shot!

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

I remember Pagliuca very well. One silly reason why he's remembered is that he was sent off against Norway in the 94 WC. I still rate him as one of the best Keepers ever.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Damn, this is a shame, it seems we forgot about the living legend.

Last Sunday, and playing for Ascoli against Messina, Pagliuca set the all-time record for appearances by a GK in Serie A

And in midweek, he almost single-handedly let Ascoli to a tie with Milan robbing Inzaghi of a sure hattrick. At 39, the legend still has it

Congratulations Pagliuca

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

He's the type of goalkeeper that will actually stand out in a national team. Even when filled with players that get more shine. Pagiluca was like Waleed in captain majeed....saves your ass....
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Damn, this is a shame, it seems we forgot about the living legend.

Last Sunday, and playing for Ascoli against Messina, Pagliuca set the all-time record for appearances by a GK in Serie A

And in midweek, he almost single-handedly let Ascoli to a tie with Milan robbing Inzaghi of a sure hattrick. At 39, the legend still has it

Congratulations Pagliuca
    How many matches has he played?
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I think the record was 570, and he has played 2 game since, so that should take him to 572. And God willing he will pass Maldini's record (583) soon and overtake him for good.

And for good measures, Pagliuca was man of the match today in Ascoli 1 - Sampdoria 1.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I have great reespect for Pagliuca. I love the good old days when most shot stoppers in Serie A were Italian. In Pagluica we had one of the best keepers around and I am pleased he got the record of most Serie A apperanaces for a goalkeeper.

Our most consistent player between the sticks. And I read it somewhere that he also had a record for sleeping with more than 1,000 woman. LOL

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

My Hero too, thanks for couldn't defender penaltys in Final World Cup 94.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    This guy 39 and a 1st choice goal keeper for messina i think And that inter jersey Han posted looks pretty awsome!

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    happy Birthday Paglicua

Pagliuca holds back the years

As he celebrates his 40th birthday today, Ascoli Calcio 1898 goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca is joining an exclusive club. Like S.S. Lazio goalkeeper Marco Ballotta and AC Milan defender Alessandro Costacurta, he is now one of only three current Serie A players still going strong into their fifth decade.
    Zoff record
    On September 17, Pagliuca broke Dino Zoff's record for most Serie A appearances for a goalkeeper, taking his total to 571. Now he is chasing Paolo Maldini's all-time record. Showing no signs of slowing down at 38, the Milan defender has made 594 appearances in Serie A, while Pagliuca has played 585 times. "I was very happy to overtake an Italian footballing legend like Zoff," said Pagliuca. "When I was relegated with Bologna [FC], I was just one game short of his record and after a season in Serie B, I finally got to beat his record. Now there is only Maldini between me and the overall record and I probably will not give up playing until I reach him."
    Great career
    Whether he manages to achieve that goal or not, Pagliuca will still be able to look back on a mighty career. A 1989/90 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and Serie A winner with UC Sampdoria, he captained FC Internazionale Milano to 1997/98 UEFA Cup success against S.S. Lazio. Having been a losing finalist in the 1991/92 European Champion Clubs' Cup final with Sampdoria, he was Italy's goalkeeper as they lost the 1994 FIFA World Cup final on penalties against Brazil. He was also first choice at the 1998 finals, eventually retiring from international football with 39 caps.
    'A bit jealous'
    However, he wears his experience - and his age - lightly. "Physically I still feel the same as I did ten years ago and looking back at my career I'm very proud," said Pagliuca. "I came close to winning the European Cup and the World Cup. I was a bit jealous when Italy won the World Cup this summer but I was also very happy for the players and the coach. It must have been brilliant for them."
    Ascoli struggling
    Pagliuca's season has been less brilliant so far, although his form between the posts has been one of the few highlights of the campaign for Ascoli as they sit at the foot of the Serie A table with no league wins to date and just six points to their name. "I came here to help Ascoli to avoid relegation," said Pagliuca. "It was a bet with myself. We had a difficult start but I still believe we can make it. The club showed their faith in a 39-year-old lad who is still eager to play an important role in Serie A and I want to repay that faith."

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    happy Birthday Mr. Pagliuca, live long life... You were once my favourite goalkeeper...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Sono Milanista

A little bit late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIANLUCA
    All my best wishes to him and good luck in the future.