Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you fall in love with Inter?

How did you fall in love with Inter?

I have not found a thread were we solely discuss how did it come about for us to be supporting the same club. What brought us to be the passionate fans we are now and what have being the greatest tests that have being endured in your situation. If there is a there were this is already discussed can you plz merge them?

First, I started supporting Inter in 1998. The South American contingency plus Il fenomeno made love the team. I have to admit I was very immature then and I loved eveytime that we were linked to another big player. But it was until our worst transfer market campaing in my eyes that I was outraged by the players we brought in. With Lippi in charge and the CL final being played in Milan Moratti wanted Inter to make it and spent big, We already had Vieri and Ronaldo but were both injured. We sold Baggio, Peruzzi and bought Sukur, Keane. Those are the players that come to mind right now. Those players failed to not only qualify to the CL but to save our pride against Milan then coached by Tardelli. After that I only wanted samrt moves I did care about big names as much. Despite having gone worst previous to the Lippi era to me this was the lowest point.

I became more attached to the club when I moved countries, my natal Colombia for Australia. Since we had lots of foreigners in our club and even ended up buying Ivan Ramiro and after our horror year with Tardelli we had Cuper who took us from shambles into the heights we were supposed to be at, pitty he is not a coahc taht plays to win but he indeed fixed the team.

Now after almost 7 years of supporting this club, what I admire most are our values which are clearly reflected through our Captain, owner and president. Those three guys are just a class act and truly show what Internazionale FC is about.

FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player

Canada

Well said man you truly are dedicated fan.

Unfortunetaly in 1998 (even though I supported Inter) I was merely 8 years old and didnt understand football as I do today. But the main reason I supported them is because my family supports them so I continued tradition. It was later on when I realised why my family supports them because no other thing can bring me as much joy as Inter and I support them with pride no matter how bad things can get. Vieri used to be my favourite player as child because I was also a die hard Azzuri fan and he was every little kid's hero.

I never miss any Inter game's unless they cannot be shown on television and I really try to find a stream if not I listen to any commentary I can find. I may not have as much experience as many of the people on this forum but like I said I'm only 15 and I try my best to beat the shit out of any little Milan or Juve gino's at my school who disrespect what I stand for.

FORZA INTER
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Syria

10 years of FIF
    how? for me it was Ronaldo.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF
    Exactly the same with me Helal.

When I saw Ronaldo in the 1998 Uefa, I instantly fell in love with inter. But, now I have come to respect the club more than it's players.
    What the eyes do not see, the Heart does not desire.

Ronaldo to me was the icing on the cake. Being South American I wanted to support South Americans. Lukily they are the most loyal to our team. During my time loving Inter I sort of support Italy but now Its hard since I don't appreciate Lippi too much.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

I've been a fan since 93, and the reason for falling in love was... I don't know. Norwegian TV2 was showing Italian football back then, and I saw most of the matches. My heart pounded faster whenever Inter played, and they did have some great players back then, Sosa, Bergomi, Berti... Eventually, by the 94WC I hoped Italy would win, and I realised that Inter had taken over for Liverpool as my team of choice. For me it wasn't a single player, but the feeling you get watching their games.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I stated supporting Inter right after the first UEFA cup Final. I could barely walk back then, but I had already picked some of my teams(local,Greek, Barcelona,Liverpool and Inter). I don't know really why, but I liked Inter. I haven't been in real touch with Inter for many years since European championships started to be broadcasted in 1996 here, and there was only 1 game per week. And you know that back then there were 6-7 big clubs. My emotions became greater when I was in Italy, in Milano 3 days before the Lazio-Inter game in 2002 and saw all those people "dressing up" Duomo square, scarfs all over the place etc etc. On the matchday, I was in Bologna for the Euroliga, and the game wasn't broadcasted in the hotel. I could only follow it by Rai. I remember that I cried on that day, even if I didn't know what was going on coz it was in Italian. The only thing I knew was that Ronaldo had came out quite early(he had just recovered), that Simeone who was an Inter idol has scored a goal against us, and that 80.000 people, half of which were Inter fans and the other half were Laziali, were rooting for us. And that no one except the Lazio players celebrated their goals. What pissed me off was the fact that Roma-Juve are their big rivals and they let them have a "tittle shot", and that Lazio was 8th, and could go no higher or lower in the table.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    it was ronaldo AND recoba that brought me to inter as well saw El Chino's debut against Brescia..2 goals ...that 40yards stroke was astonishing enough to fall in love with inter immediately..and ronaldo was really amazing in that year..
    Wallace

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Every one was amazing on that year...

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well yeah, sadly enough, it was Ronaldo who brought me here in 1998... The little kid I was back then (11 years old :p)

Maybe I should be thankful to him for that :p
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    well first it was my famili but then i only liked inter and when i saw ronaldo i just loved inter
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    The way I fell in love with Inter has got to be the funniest one yet.

I started playing Winning Eleven 5 on the Playstation around two or three years ago. I always used Italy since I've always liked them. I wasn't too familiar with all the players though. Anyway, this guy called Christian Vieri couldn't stop scoring. He practically scored in every match. Yeah. So I decided to check him up on the internet. Found that he was an Inter player. I became a fan of Vieri, and thus paid more attention to how he was doing.

Naturally, I soon got more interested in Inter too, and voila, I became an Inter fan. I always liked to support the 'underdogs' in soccer, like how I like Southampton.

Been around two years since I became an Inter fan now. And I'm proud of it!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

I wasnt into club football much back then mainly interested only in the Argentina National Team. The first thing that that got me notice about Inter was when the Maradona led Argie team lost to Germany in Italia 90. I notice many protaganist for the German team played for a certain team call Internazionale.

Anyway Italia 90 bought me into the Calcio. When I started watching I liked several teams including Roma, Inter, Genoa. In 95 a young Argentinian took the league by storm with his tremendous runs down the flank and from then on I started noticing that Inter team more and that bought me to support the Nerazurri.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    i think it was 98 year, year more or less..

and i was watching seria a highlights , and there was inter game that inter draw or won but it was 2-2 or 3-2 i think. and inter was 15th in league that time..or 14th, and they finished as 2nd or 3th

i think recoba was first name i loved. i become ronaldo fan,i loved zamorano,vieri.

i remember saying my friend that i will support inter until moratti is there
    now nothing would change my mind, as iam interista till death
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

INTER IS IN MY DNA...nothing else
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36

Quote Originally Posted by interista
    INTER IS IN MY DNA...nothing else

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Well, i guess the romantic version would be that Inter chose me to be a fan. But the reality isn't quite so nice. Let me begin..

It was 10 years ago when i realised that football was a game so huge that i could no longer simply keep up with it via random matches and newspaper articles. I then decided i wanted to support an Italian team for reasons that Italia was my favorite national team. I liked blue (and black) and Inter Milan sounded like a nice, cool name and that was how i began my love affair with Inter.

Times were hard all these years, not only because of the results but also because of the games. I have never missed a single Inter game, either by television broadcasts or by radio. This has well and truly affected my sleeping patterns as the games are shown at either 9pm/10pm for the afternoon slot games or at 2:30/3:30 for the evening games. Therefore, there have been many a time where i ended up going to school or work without any sleep at all. While this has taken a toll on me, i never once ever considered that i could ever give up watching or following the matches.

Inter is more than just a football club. It is an entity that once chosen, will forever be your eternal partner. Through Inter, i have met some of my best friends around and i feel glad that if and when we win the scudetto, i will be celebrating it with some of the best Inter fans around.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

First of all hello to all Inter fans on this forum . I wanted to make my first post on this thread . Inter has been my soul team since i was 7 years old and started playing football . Walter Zenga was best goalkeeper in the world . Other legendary players were Bergomi , Brehme , Berti , Matthaeus and Klinsman back in 1991 . Giovanni Trapattoni was mister . Inter won Uefa cup that year i got to watch every game and soon realised it is the only foreign team for me .
    Have seen alot of great players pass Inter but most memorable for me were/are Zenga , Bergomi , Berti , Zanetti and Cordoba .

Fav. Player
    Ronnie , L'Impe

I used to watch every Ronaldo match when he was playing for Barca ... and then he came to Inter ... since there i was an Inter fan ... it's very funny cuz i used to be a Juventus Fan ... but no so strong fan ... now Inter is in my heart ... Inter is the club i like the most ...
    Interistoo 4Life ... Just Death Seperates Me and BlacknBLue Flag

Well, it was simple for me...

Woke up one day, and saw this really cool team with a huge stadium on tv. I was fascinated with the word Pirelli, and even named my late turtle Pirelli. My cousin was a roma fan and he kept saying how beautiful Italian soccer was as opposed to the English game which is much rougher and hugely popular. I wanted to be different from the mainstream audience and i still can't explain why. I loved Recoba alot, with his deadly freekicks, i sometimes wonder why he never gets as much publicity as Beckham.

However, one player which really caught my eye was Javier Zanetti. He kept on running and running and running!! He showed such commitment I couldn't find in other teams! I was like, Oh My! I gotta support this team. A few years later though, Roma won the title and i started seeing quite few Roma jerseys walking on the streets. I thought I was alone. That was when I went to my man, Tim's home. I saw this beautiful Capitano jersey in his living room, and thus I realised I was not alone! This is the club for me. Sophisticated. Stylish. Eloquent. Exceptionnaly beautiful.
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]