Thread: Current state of forum.

Syria

10 years of FIF

Current state of forum.

Its no secret lately that the likes of me, my good friends Ari, Tommi, Ronald, Jake, Hamed etc... have posted less.

Maybe some of them have other reasons why they dont post as often, but for the majority. I think things have gotten WAY out of hand. The mods generally do job well done of maintaining this forum, however the only thing they are guilty of is being way to lenient.

Now i dont want people saying its cause were growing cause to be honest, its the older members who are involved in such things. Im not trying to attack anyone, but we all know what happened with Gismo, Primo-Inter who we all know is a good lad has a teinted image for certain outbursts. While the England Vs Argentina has gone way past a friendly/constructive argument. Its way past that now.

Sure were all responsible for certain outburts in our time, nobody likes it but i call for someting to do done to save this forum quickly.

And yes, there is a difference in this post and Ari's, over here Im asking questions about a possible change to the rules of this forum.

I suggest that the following be implemented...

*Stricter Mods (your too nice guys )

*A Review of the rules regarding Swearing (users can swear but when it comes to insults at each other a warning should be issued immediately.

(For example, before i told Primo that playing Recoba as a loan striker is terrible, n he went nuts. how many times has it happened though)

Thats basically it, i mean all around the forum people are eating each others heads off. Its time to make the rules so that nobody should be able to swear at each other in this forum, cause if you want to swear your head off at someone then its not someplace i want to come and share my views and our one ever lasting goal which we have all lost focus for: Supporting Inter.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Feedback taken, Helal. I seriously hope that you guys will return to Forza Inter again. After noticing the situation of the forum myself, I will now dedicate at least an hour per day, regardless of my private life, to improve the forum to the best of my ability. But I can't do it alone. You guys need to come back here and give it one more shot and help me, and the rest of the management and members, to improve Forza Inter to the place that we all desired.

Handyo

Jimmy
    I think it's true that we are all lenient. But that has to do with our complete faith in our members to act like a freaking member, and to some extent- a part of a family. Even since the IF days, we have banned and warned extremely little in comparison to other forums.

But this forum is growing extremely big, and of course we have to confess to ourselves, that it might be too big for us. That's why we have added more mods who are active and also installed feautures that will make our job a lot more easier.

While I disagree in general with the swearing part, I of course agree that swearing towards a person on a personal level is wrong. For example "Phuck off", "you're a moron" and etc.
    But swearing in general is fine with me. "What a phucking pass!"
    That sort of things doesn't bother me.

I think we should accept the reality and realise that we're a HUGE forum now, and through that, there will be WAY more controversies and different personalities. We all need to adapt to different environments.

And believe me, we do hand out warnings right and left.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Just one suggest.

Why don't we delete topics that are closed?
    Or at least close all topics that we don't use anymore...and there is lot of them.
    Who will use milan vs Inter (1st leg euro match) anymore?
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Jimmy if you read my post again youll see my suggestion is exactly as yours.I mean people are allowed to say fuck moggi the bitch, or i fkn hate Milan, or whatever.

But my request is the swearing to other members, in other words an Insult. Because around the whole forum almost every section theres a fight going on with terrible words used at each other. Its just not the image the forum should have, cause like you said it was and should be kind of like a family.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cro nerazzurro
    Just one suggest.

Why don't we delete topics that are closed?
    Or at least close all topics that we don't use anymore...and there is lot of them.
    Who will use milan vs Inter (1st leg euro match) anymore?
    Those are part of this forum's history. Deleting them is akin to taking away our past conversations with members. You never know when someone would like to reminisce about the old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    But my request is the swearing to other members, in other words an Insult. Because around the whole forum almost every section theres a fight going on with terrible words used at each other. Its just not the image the forum should have, cause like you said it was and should be kind of like a family.
    You are right Helal, we are a family here. And as a family, we do sometimes get angry at each other. As a result, this being a forum, members are unable to express their anger in ways such as body language or raised voices and thus leads to using vulgarities as the only possible way of communicating their feelings. I am okay with swearing but i draw the line when it becomes too excessive.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Re: Current state of forum.

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    Its no secret lately that the likes of me ... have posted less.

Maybe some of them have other reasons why they dont post as often... however the only thing they are guilty of is being way to lenient.

While the England Vs Argentina has gone way past a friendly/constructive argument. Its way past that now.

*Stricter Mods (your too nice guys )

*A Review of the rules regarding Swearing (users can swear but when it comes to insults at each other a warning should be issued immediately.

(For example, before i told Primo that playing Recoba as a loan striker is terrible, n he went nuts. how many times has it happened though)

Thats basically it .... if you want to swear your head off at someone then its not someplace i want to come and share my views and our one ever lasting goal which we have all lost focus for: Supporting Inter.
    Yes, I completely Agree with Helal on this case. In response to Cro, the issue of old threads is somewhat ironic in this thread. If you open up the older threads and read them, you'd realise how much you enjoy reading them. They are such insightful opinions and the members showed such mutual respect that it is so addictive to post in this forum. As opposed to the current day situation, of reading mindless insults aimed to create discontent amongst us, Inter fans.
    Yes, I loved this forum, back when i joined more than a year ago, and it has had its fair share of joyful articles and posts. Honestly, so many of the members who have a lot to offer has started to post less. This, I feel is no coincidence with the evolving of immature members on the boards. The legendary members of this forum have really gotten tired of entertaining people with no respect and are too caught up with their own opinions.
    Hamed, Zeek, Ziyad, Miki, Jimmy, Pravesh, Jake, Scutzon, Fabio, Squadra and even Handoyo has posted less and less nowadays. The list goes on, including our fellow greek, israeli, asian, european and middle-eastern members, whose posts i absolutely desired to read every night. Forza-Inter.com is such a lovely sight now, with new colourful and more user-friendly layout.

However, it's such a shame to see so much expletives and insults we, the nerazzuri faithfuls, use to condemn each other. This is an issue i hope is addressed. I understand the admins' ideas and leniency and willingness to accept and forgo many cheap shots in the threads, However, i believe to pull in more members, we must pull out the weeds amongst us. The respect our forum gets, is, sadly, not by its fanciful layout and interactivity, but however, by the quality of posts we make.
    Let's make this a better place guys. Respect.
    Yes, Respect...
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    i only thinnk that the mods shuld be harder to non inter fans like via turati he started pretty early to upset a lot of us!!!
    And i think people like him should get banned earlier
    on the swearing thing i try to nopt do it to often but if thers a bilanista in oure forum i just cant do another thing
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Jimmy did well in the other "world of football" topic. Thats a great start, its liek a referee who shows a card early on the game to stamp his authority

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Hmmm... I may not be as active as some of the others, but I too agree with helal's point of view towards the moderators being too leniant. I mean, I'm not saying that you guys should immediately ban all members who commit a few mistakes - but making an example out of a few will do some good for this forum and be a warning to all others for future reference.

I don't think it's as big of a deal, but it's better to stop it early while it's still not as huge of an issue as it could be. The forum is growing, and it's harder to manage - it doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. Anyways.. good suggestions, helal.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Great feedback. It's unfortunate that after I became a moderator, work has picked up and I had to do some travelling. I miss the early summer days when I used to be up until 4 am doing nothing but bumming around, posting and arguing

But I agree with Helal, alot of the core members are posting less and less. It could be due to many reasons, like the lack of rumors, or other things in private.

And it's true that the forum has gotten big, and with big number comes trouble at times. Some may not take it seriously, but swearing and cursing at people are disrespctful and takes away alot from an argument.

Luckily, the swearing and threatening parts have been done by selected few. I name Gismo -unfortunately- and Primo as well. They are in the center of confrontations, specially the latter, and didn't get the message about toning it down.

Respect is first and foremost, if you are a post legend (Gismo) or a great poster (Primo) but you still show disrespect, you are not welcome here.

I also like the idea of warning and temporary bans. It would show tolerance to those who repent, and show that we are forgiving. But if it continues, there is no solution but permanent bans.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    nicely said Hamed.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    What pleases me is to see that lots of people actually care about the quality of these forums.

Hopefully we can all give a contribution and treat each other with respect. Surely everybody slips sooner or later, but as long as you don't hold grudges, we should all get along just fine.

We should always remember that we come from such different backgrounds, age and all sorts, and we do great if you keep all that in mind.

Just think back at how many good discussions we had in the old Politics and Social Commentary forum. That was a bitch, and we had lots of problems but also some very interesting and informative discussions. That says a lot.

I always keep in mind how much I disagree with Hamed in so many respects, football and non football related, and still he's my favourite FI member
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    I always keep in mind how much I disagree with Hamed in so many respects, football and non football related, and still he's my favourite FI member
    Not Handoyo? I thought the both of you had something.. special.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Lol don't you start making everybody jealous Tim!

Han is the Master! And we're Obabrothers
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

:redface: And you know how much I love and respect you Frisk

Too much male bonding now. hehe

I think that as said before maybe more mods will help? Maybe Helal can help? ask him or helal do it mate!
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I've noticed a decrease in posts ever since I came back. I can only assume lots of members are back in school and have no time which is completely understandable. I hope it picks up again soon though....

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilanHater
    I've noticed a decrease in posts ever since I came back. I can only assume lots of members are back in school and have no time which is completely understandable. I hope it picks up again soon though....
    Also, the closure of the transfers window contributed to the lack of posts, definitely. Things will picked up though, since the season has started.

Handyo