Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Argentina - England

  1. #1
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Hamed don't bring Ayala in to this, its obvious that some poster boys like Frisko will never give Ayala the respect he deserves because he doesn't play for a big club like Milan, Chelsea, Real, Inter or Manchester United.
    Sure he wasn't the best @ Milan, but if you want to talk about consistently good...every single game for your team...I'm talking about EVERY game...he sh1ts on Terry, Carvalho and Nesta...no doubt about it. Nesta is better, but Ayala is much more consistent.

    ps. Samuel has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to even be in the Argie bench. He has never performed for Argentina, at the moment I'll talk Milito and G.Rodriguez ahead of him.

  2. #2
    Frisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 May 04
    Posts
    13,287
    Thanked
    1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

    Italy

    FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Hamed don't bring Ayala in to this, its obvious that some poster boys like Frisko will never give Ayala the respect he deserves because he doesn't play for a big club like Milan, Chelsea, Real, Inter or Manchester United.
    Sure he wasn't the best @ Milan, but if you want to talk about consistently good...every single game for your team...I'm talking about EVERY game...he sh1ts on Terry, Carvalho and Nesta...no doubt about it. Nesta is better, but Ayala is much more consistent.

    ps. Samuel has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to even be in the Argie bench. He has never performed for Argentina, at the moment I'll talk Milito and G.Rodriguez ahead of him.
    Hahaha, catanha talking about giving people the respect they deserve, that's the laugh of the day!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

  3. #3
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    you mean he actually knows what the word respect means?!


    back to mr moron.. Looks like he's gona have to pull another trick from up his sleeve, cos the money doesn't seem to be quite so effective this year. To me his current team looks like something of fantasy, a group of expensive players bunched together, who may look good on paper, but in practice it's a total different thing. They don't look comfortable at all as saturday showed. Hey but with moronho, who knows what will happen. Sure doesn't look like an easy Chelsea season & they definitely do not play nice football.
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  4. #4
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Agreed with everything you said. Ayala is the main reason behind one of the best defences in the Spanish League's history, he is arguably the best defender of the last decade!
    I have never seen a striker dominate him. I guess its expected when poster boys like Frisko don't pay much attention to him/

  5. #5
    Frisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 May 04
    Posts
    13,287
    Thanked
    1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

    Italy

    FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    catanha this is the 3rd thread where you pull the poster boy trick, which is soooo insulting and will keep me awake all night, oh, the tears!

    It would be nice if you can get some new lines man, you're really boring me.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

  6. #6
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Now now, settle down slapped ass. If I wanted to offend you, I'd use some good old English jokes (ie- regarding soap, women etc) but it is not supposed to offend you.
    I'm giving you my opinion, which is that I think that poster boys like you who only concentrate on the big clubs like Chelsea, Man U, Real etc don't give respect to legends like Ayala who with a doubt is the most consistent defender in the last decade, and this includes Nesta, Maldini, Desailly and co.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    20 Apr 04
    Posts
    661
    Thanked
    0 times



    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    I'm giving you my opinion, which is that I think that poster boys like you ...don't give respect to legends like Ayala who with a doubt is the most consistent defender in the last decade, and this includes Nesta, Maldini, Desailly and co.

    You are, WITHOUT A DOUBT, very confusing...

    What are you trying to say? Maybe you should take a look at some of your posts before calling others Poster boy. And please, Samuel is miles ahead of everyone in the Argentinean centre back department. Ayala, well, is history, along with your Desaillys and Maldinis...
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

  8. #8
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    Lol this gets funnier by the day

    poster boys like you who only concentrate on the big clubs like
    Chelsea, Man U, Real etc
    Yep, sure he's a poster boy who only concentrates on big clubs Then how come he can have a long conversation with me about teams in divisions such as the Championship & League One? Though u think he finds these things out by watching Real or United? Yeh, i'm sure the commentators in those games slip in little comments like "and Southamptons star player... etc"

    don't give respect to legends
    What would u know about respect?

    settle down slapped ass. If I wanted to offend you, I'd use some good old English jokes (ie- regarding soap, women etc) but
    it is not supposed to offend you.
    So why can't u make a comment without adding an insult? Or maybe they don't teach civilsed behaviour where you're from.

    See I don't know about anybody else around here, but I was brought up to see that u don't gain respect by insulting people, respect comes from making valid points through showing knowledge of the subject at hand, rather than just saying 'this is better because ____ & if u don't think so then you're a _____'

    Ayala who with a doubt is the most consistent defender
    in the last decade, and this includes Nesta, Maldini, Desailly and co.
    With a doubt? huh? maybe your consistency is also slipping? But then u manage to keep an insult going for long enough..


    Anyway, why is it such a problem to you that people have opinions other than your own? This doesn't make them stupid, that's how the world is, but then being so much older than a lot of the posters here I thought you would be the first to know it..

    If you see something you disagree with, then just say you disagree with that opinion, there's no need for all the insults and thinking you're Gods gift so that everybody should worship your opinion.

    As for the England insults, why bother, it's not the country somebodys from but the person they are, what the hell do you know about English people that makes you so great to judge?
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  9. #9
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Quote Originally Posted by Zaidriano
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    I'm giving you my opinion, which is that I think that poster boys like you ...don't give respect to legends like Ayala who with a doubt is the most consistent defender in the last decade, and this includes Nesta, Maldini, Desailly and co.

    You are, WITHOUT A DOUBT, very confusing...

    What are you trying to say? Maybe you should take a look at some of your posts before calling others Poster boy. And please, Samuel is miles ahead of everyone in the Argentinean centre back department. Ayala, well, is history, along with your Desaillys and Maldinis...
    You lost all my attention when you said that Samuel is easily the best Argentinean centre back. He wouldn't even be in the top 4. Ever heard of G.Milito (done well for Argie and in Spain), Rodriguez (same as Milito), Heinze (done well @ CB for Argentina and great @ Lb for Man U) and in terms of just NT, Quiroga, Collocini and even Burdisso have done better than Samuel.
    Tell me, one who knows more about Argentina than I do, why is that Pekerman and Bielsa (after WC) don't and/or didn't pick Samuel.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Samuel for his Newell's routes, but for Argentina...he's been utter crap.

    Also, I'm not saying Ayala is the best defender in the whole wide world, I'm saying in terms of consistency....he's been better than the others except for his spell @ Milan (where he was just above average).

    God Hamed, please give these kids a lesson.

  10. #10
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,682
    Thanked
    5,714 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    As much as I enjoy reading your insights on Samuel et al, don't you think that it would be much better if it's free from insults & name-callings?


    Handyo

  11. #11
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    Quote Originally Posted by catanha


    You are, WITHOUT A DOUBT, very confusing...

    What are you trying to say? Maybe you should take a look at some of your posts before calling others Poster boy. And please, Samuel is miles ahead of everyone in the Argentinean centre back department. Ayala, well, is history, along with your Desaillys and Maldinis...
    You lost all my attention when you said that Samuel is easily the best Argentinean centre back. He wouldn't even be in the top 4. Ever heard of G.Milito (done well for Argie and in Spain), Rodriguez (same as Milito), Heinze (done well @ CB for Argentina and great @ Lb for Man U) and in terms of just NT, Quiroga, Collocini and even Burdisso have done better than Samuel.
    Tell me, one who knows more about Argentina than I do, why is that Pekerman and Bielsa (after WC) don't and/or didn't pick Samuel.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Samuel for his Newell's routes, but for Argentina...he's been utter crap.

    Also, I'm not saying Ayala is the best defender in the whole wide world, I'm saying in terms of consistency....he's been better than the others except for his spell @ Milan (where he was just above average).

    God Hamed, please give these kids a lesson.
    and you are more than right. anyone who has watched Argentina in the last 2-3 years should know this. Ayala is the head of the defense, while Samuel isn't currently probably even the 4th best CB option of Argentina.
    Milito is an excellent defender, same as Gonzalo Rodriguez who had a fantastic season with Villareal and was probably among the 3-5 best CBs in Spain.

    It's also about the way Argentina plays that maybe doesn't suit Samuel. It's not about saying that the player is crap, but rather a mismatch.
    Some players simply don't match either to a certain type of game or style.

  12. #12
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Catanha, you have great points, but please take a breather and relax. I've heared all kind of stuff on the net, and some opinions baffle me, but it's always good to try and post without name calling.

    As for Ayala, trust me, I am as frustrated as you are that he doesn't get the respect he deserves. And that's because he plays with Valencia, and not with any of the great teams that you mentioned.

    I think people also dismiss Ayala for his failure with Milan, but so did Davids, Vieira and Desailly. There weren't given the chance at Milan, they sucked, but moved to a bigger club. Ayala's 'fault' was him not going to a big club, but instead of Valencia.

    However, the fact that he went to Valencia, and won 2 LaLiga's, a UEFA cup and two CL appearances should be a fact people look deeply on. Even if he won the two CL's, people would still dismiss him.

    Not only that, Ayala isn't the biggest, neither the quickest, but he is big and quick enough at the same time. I remember a respected soccer analyst saying once that Ayala is the most intimidating defender in the world, and he is right. Few forwards can come and say they embarassed Ayala, and so much of the great defenders have been embarassed.

    Nesta won two scudetti and a CL crown, and he only had a major part in one trophy, the scudetto with Lazio. However, Ayala had a direct hand in every trophy he won, and when he was injured last year, his team struggled mightily.

    And his consistency is amazing, he seems to be a defender any coach can count on whenever he plays. He has/had fewer bad days than any of the great defenders, including Maldini himself.

    So, that's why I consider him the best defender of the last decade, and the best I have personally seen. And he is only 32, so he isn't technically finished. I really wish him great health and success for the next 4-5 years so people would for once recognize how great he is.

  13. #13
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Well said Hamed and Oleguer.

    Oleguer, I didn't really want to bring Miltio and Gonzalo in to the arguement, because as you know, the poster boys in this forum would rather concentrate on the David Beckhams of this world...any poster boys wanting to deflect from poster boy-itis...grab a video of Zaragoza vs Madrid last season and see what Milito does to Beckham.

    Hamed- I wouldn't really count poster boy as an insult, but if you do, delete away.

  14. #14
    primo-inter's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Apr 05
    Posts
    1,816
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig



    Ayala is probably one of my favourite players in the world. In fact, he is. He's a legend in my mind. He's so solid in defence, like a rock, and he also brings leadership and fighting spirit to the pitch (find me an Argentine who doesn't). I don't think Milan gave Ayala the chance, much like Coloccini.

    As for catanha, well he is probably the one I get along with most here. So it is my obligation to stand up for him.

    First of all, Frisko, I like you too, but give Ayala the respect he deserves. He is a champion.

    Secondly, katiey, aka garbage post-boosting, number-stealing ... English woman (that says it all!).... you should not be so quick to disrespect catanha. HE has been here quite longer than you and is a good member of these forums. By making cheap insults you are doing the wrong thing. I wonder why moderators do not warn you? maybe because they are pussy-whipped? I am merely speculating please don't take offence.

    But you said one thing which really pissed me off..

    So why can't u make a comment without adding an insult? Or maybe they don't teach civilsed behaviour where you're from.
    This comment is one that a bitch would make. I'm not saying you are a bitch, but this a BITCHY comment.

    also this....

    As for the England insults, why bother, it's not the country somebodys from but the person they are, what the hell do you know about English people that makes you so great to judge?
    Well he lives in an English colony for one thing... and many English people here (including 3rd-gen ANGLO-AUSSIES ... aka SKIPS!).

    You need to learn respect katiey. U think because u have a pussy u can get away with talking shit? No.

    I hope I've made no enemies, but I've just given my input.

    Also, please keep sarcasm and stupidity to a minimum. Picking up on "with" when he obviously meant "without" is so 12yearold-ish.

  15. #15
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    God bless your common sense, primo, but I don't think it'll work on poor souls like that.
    I mean FFS, I firstly had no harsh comments against the English UNTIL Frisko bagged my god, Maradona, okay call him a sh1t player, but to make a such a harsh and low comment about his health (when @ one stage he might've even died), ticked me off. You will never see me stoop as low as making a comment about Bobby Moore and the way he died or anything negative regarding him.

    Secondly, it's a forum, I'm Argentine...outside the South American countries, England is our main rival not to mention that I live in Australia, and Australians despise the English in matters regarding to Sport...now FFS it's a forum, its a bit of a laugh, but they really get hurt, don't they?

    There are bound to be some social misfits, its just a coincidence that two of them in this thread happen to be English. Don't worry about it mate!

  16. #16
    Frisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 May 04
    Posts
    13,287
    Thanked
    1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

    Italy

    FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I'm really getting pissed off at this habit of saying English person = shit, this is abusive and insulting way beyond any acceptable limit.

    primo once again you went way over the limit, and the sad thing is that I'm positive you were trying not to but holding a bit, still you're way out of line.

    catanha you might think what you post is funny (bless you, it actually is when you're serious), but I don't care if this is the internet, we care about a little thing called RESPECT here, so you should stick that in your head.

    I understand you kicked off because of those Maradona pics, well too bad, live with it. I've seen people making fun of Ronaldo in many ways and I'm not acting like a freakin baby.

    Also, how can you say:

    okay call him a sh1t player, but to make a such a harsh and low comment about his health (when @ one stage he might've even died), ticked me off.
    He can be your God as much as you like catanha, but FACT is that his career went down the toilet because of drugs, and instead of going into rehab he went on using them and eating like phuck until he almost killed himself. He said that his daughters saved his live, he probably was so high that he didn't realise he was going to die and lose them. When he did, he changed.

    Anyway, I'm not posting to discuss Maradona now.

    I'm posting because I don't care how much I disagree with people's opinions here. I'm not here to insult people and I'm phuckin fed up with having to reply to people who insult me. I'm also tired of spoiling threads where people are discussing things with this shit.

    We're bordering discrimination here, it seems that if you're English you're not good enough to have an opinion.

    primo-inter:
    Secondly, katiey, aka garbage post-boosting, number-stealing ... [b]English woman (that says it all!)....
    I wonder why moderators do not warn you? maybe because they are pussy-whipped? I am merely speculating please don't take offence.
    You need to learn respect katiey. U think because u have a pussy u can get away with talking shit? No.
    Do you even think before you click that submit button? You say 'don't take offence' just after implying that moderators let Katie off with stuff because she's a woman? You insult her repeatedly? She surely hasn't been abusive, only sarcastic, and God knows you're the last person who can talk about respect! You're a joke!

    You make sexist remarks and discriminate people because of their nationality? You're phuckin out of line primo, you better apologise quick because this is outrageous! You should be ashamed of yourself.

    I want to say to the moderators that I'm not prepared to accept any discrimination, sexual or regarding nationality, in these forums. This is it, we just cannot put up with that.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

  17. #17
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Now don't have a heartattack and settle down. The point I made flew right past your head (should I be surprised), you made a negative comment towards Maradona's health, have a go @ his private life, I don't care..I've heard it all before, and frankly to me its jealous ones still envy such a great player. But I laugh when you talk about people going overboard...you made a negative comment about a blokes health and about a person almost dieing...you bring up Ronaldo...find a single, I MEAN even 1 post where I had a go at his weight or anything, and the fact that you're comparing Ronaldo's weight issues to Maradona's health issues proves to me you're digging a bigger hole for yourself, FFS have a look at the difference between the two.
    As I said before, you will never see me have a go @ Bobby Moore, you know why? cause its respect...irony huh?

    Then you talk about crying on the forum, LOL...have you read your last few paragraphs, settle down slapped ass.

    With regards to Katiey, okay one thing...with you I've actually had some constructive arguements with but who the fark is Katiey? I never even realised her up until she pretty much e-stalked her way into my posts I mean, WTF?

    Primo, some advice for you...don't say sorry. Its a forum, FFS...you don't need to do sh1t, but give your opinion, and if your opinion is out line then its the moderators job to delete it.

    One last point Frisko...have a read at the topic name...what do you expect?
    Catanha: Hello fellow English friend who Argies hate, but I love you.
    Frisko: Yes hello my Argie friend, how is the great Batistuta going these days?

    Its not the brady bunch, you bloody waffler

  18. #18
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko

    He can be your God as much as you like catanha, but FACT is that his career went down the toilet because of drugs, and instead of going into rehab he went on using them and eating like phuck until he almost killed himself. He said that his daughters saved his live, he probably was so high that he didn't realise he was going to die and lose them. When he did, he changed.

    Good boy! Don't do drugs!! Be a role model for kids.

    look man, do you even know a bit about maradona's life and how at all his drug problems started?
    god damn...

    on a sidenote...in Argentina Maradona comes right after Jesus. Freedom of speech to everyone, but if you play with fire, you should expect that you get burned.

  19. #19
    Frisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 May 04
    Posts
    13,287
    Thanked
    1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

    Italy

    FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Won't waste my time with you.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

  20. #20
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    do you even know a bit about maradona's life and how at all his drug problems started?
    god damn...
    That right there is the reason why I got offended by Frisko's comments. I am 100% sure he has no idea about how it began, because if he did and made those comments, he's more of a dropkick than I first thought.

    :lol @ the fact that Frisko is trying to ignore some of the points which prove that infact he is a heartless poster boy waffler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •