Thread: Inter vs Treviso - First Match Report of 2005-06 season!!

0 times

Inter vs Treviso - First Match Report of 2005-06 season!!

Hello Interfriends,

What a pleasure it is to be back writing the match reports for Inter's season. Let me be the first to welcome you to the 2005-06 season or as I like to call it the Adriano Show after a stunning hat-trick today against Treviso.

Inter win 3-0 at home against a well organized Treviso team who found out just weeks ago that they would be playing in Serie A. Treviso look to be a useful side but up against Adriano and an Inter team that looks solid in all area's it was a perfect start to the season.

Mancini brings Figo into the mix as he plays Figo wide on the right from the start with Cambiasso, Veron and Stankovic in the midfield. Treviso coach did do his homework however and Treviso come out with more spark in the first 15 minutes as they get the full backs into the play often and try to come at Inter with numbers.

Inter only get their first real chance after 17 minutes of play as Adriano takes a pass from Recoba on the edge of the box and shoots a missle that is well saved. Recoba also gets in on the action with some laser shots one of which hitting the near post.

At the 32 minute the ice is broken as Materazzi plays a wonderful cross field long ball into the Treviso half. Adriano makes his break to run onto the ball just before it goes out for a throw in. The Brazilian Striker beats his man wide and enters the area from the right side. Adriano lets a loose a low hard left footer into the near post to make it 1-0.

It was a great sequence but also showed that Inter was warming up and getting used to the new season as they played better and better as time passed. Treviso also did not give up and tried to come back into the match before the end of the half. They managed two great strikes but Julio Cesar was up to the task making a great save off of Reginaldo.

In the second half Inter showed their dominance as they came foward at full speed and often by raising the tempo of the game. Both coaches make changes for fresh legs as Fava and Muntasser come in for Treviso while Mancini brings on Cruz for Recoba.

Treviso defends and looks to counter attack while Inter raises the tempo and begin to cycle the ball around well to find the breaks. Inter's second goal comes from a collective effort as Cambiasso, Favalli and Stankovic all string pass after pass along the left side as they move up the field.

Adriano in the center of the box calls for the ball and Stankovic sends a perfect cross into the box for Adriano. The Striker makes his diagonal run and beats the keeper to the ball and slots it opposite side to make it 2-0 and conclude a wonderful team move at the 23rd minute.

Mancini makes another changes as he brings on Pizzaro for Veron with 20 minutes left. All I can say about Pizzaro is that he is Heaven sent as his impact is immediate. This player has so much class and touch its amazing. From his first seconds on the field he began to distribute the ball and even sprung Zanetti with a great mid-air back heel.

At the 34th minute it was all Pizzaro as he takes the ball on the left side and beats 3-4 players as he enters the box. The playmaker then passes with the outside of his left foot to Adriano in the center of the box and cooly scores his hat-trick to make it 3-0.

Mancini gives Adriano his rest with 10 minutes to go as C. Zanetti makes his debut but all of San Siro is chanting Adriano's name as he walks off in standing Ovations. Adriano was amazing in all area's of the pitch.

A final word on Figo who in my opinion has a lot to contribute to his team. Although he does not look at full fitness yet, he showed some amazing things today. He was able to beat his marker on a few occasions today and sent in some inch perfect crosses.

His class is undeniable and at moments almost above the rest of the squad as he was able to send passes and crosses into the box that not just anyone could create. So much so that Adriano and Company were left flat footed because they could not see how he could swing it in.

With time all these pieces should fit together nicely and we are in for a great season. Of course it was only Treviso but there is a saying in italian "La bella giornata si vede dalla mattina" which translates into "A beautiful day is seen from the morning" so we have a lot to look forward to based on today's performance.

1 times
    Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

very nice, Eddy !!!

as usual.....

800 times
    Fav. Player

24 10 years of FIF
    great match report thanx fore that
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

1 times

Great report Eddy. I hope Mancio tells Adriano to be more like a box player as Recoba and him did not get to combine much. Figo was not awesome but he was getting used to how we do things and I liked his techniqued he did bring it with him from Madrid.

This Season can be explosive!!
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

goodness, it has been 2 years since i last read eddy's review. miss you bro
    I am using a Powerbook. A Macintosh notebook which is virusproof, trojanproof, and spywareproof.

Windows can kiss my @ss.