Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many clean sheets in a row can we get?

Fav. Player
    Ibra, Balotelli

How many clean sheets in a row can we get?

i know this isn't worth an own thread... but i just don't know where else to ask
    how many games in a row have we kept the clean sheet now? including last season and coppa italia finals and supercup.... i counted 9 in a row... but i am not sure whether that is correct... does anyone know excactly?

[thanks to our wonderful defence.]

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

depends ?

if you count in the CL games, then we conceded 1 goal last wednesday...
    -----------------------

i think we conceded last goal against messina (we lost 2-1) on may 1st

EDIT: with exception of that shakhtar goal and friendlies
    it's not about who is right, but who is left.
    by Juvemerda

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Serie A-wise, it's been a truly amazing turnaround that we from being one of the worst defensively side in Serie A, we have now not conceded a goal since Rafael scored a last-minute winner for Messina last season. In total, we have not conceded a goal for the last 540 minutes of Serie A action. Last season, we get the unofficial 'Golden Hand' award, being able to keep our defence unbreachable for the longest. (450 minutes)

Next Serie A's match against Palermo in Renzo Barbera will be tough but seeing how amazing Cordoba & Matrix were at the beginning of the season, I am optimistic that we will maintain our good run. It may be broken when Lecce visits Giuseppe Meazza on 18 September though, since we haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 4 Serie A matches and only once in the last 6 Serie A matches against Lecce. Chievo in Bentegodi (21 September) would be another tricky match for the defense, seeing that Chievo has scored 10 times in the our last 8 encounters and we only keep 2 clean sheets in those 10 meetings.

If Materazzi can fill in Samuel's shoes, Cordoba retain his form & Julio Cesar continue to be a pleasant surprise that he is, then maybe, our record would be stretched even further.

Edit: Btw, Sladdi, I edited the topic name a little bit. I hope you don't mind.

Handyo

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    If Materazzi can fill in Samuel's shoes, Cordoba retain his form & Julio Cesar continue to be a pleasant surprise that he is, then maybe, our record would be stretched even further.
    Great post. Although I do agree that we'll be one of the better defenses in European football, I doubt that we'll be able to consistently keep enough clean sheets to brag about it (eh, such as making countdown threads like these if you know what I mean).

Why, you ask? it's obviously our style of play. It goes without saying that Mancio likes to play to win the game and attack as often as possible, which will lead to plenty of counter attack possibilities and depending on the level of talent of our opponents it's only common sense that we'll be paying for it sooner or later.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

With Capitano being out for 2 months it definetley hinders are chances of keeping this nice streak alive.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

he's out for two months ?? OMG, Il Capitano's sidelined for injury.....
    this is a true challenge for us, we always takes RB for granted for many years...
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Agreed although Capitano has been so great it probably never crossed anybodys mind

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto
    With Capitano being out for 2 months it definetley hinders are chances of keeping this nice streak alive.
    2 months? Bollocks.

Honestly, I don't know how long he'll be out but Ashkan mentioned in the 'Injuries & Suspensions' topic that he'll be out for a month. Judging Il Capitano's inhuman physical capability, I believe that he recovers twice as fast so it's a month divided by 2 = 2 weeks.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Ronnie , L'Impe

WTF ... Capitano out for 2 months ... who will be his substitue now ... btw ... we can be able not to conceed any goal till the game against JUVE ...
    Interistoo 4Life ... Just Death Seperates Me and BlacknBLue Flag

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As long as we score one more goal than we concede i really dont care...But it would be nice to have great confidence in the department we suffered most from last year...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    2 months? Bollocks.

Honestly, I don't know how long he'll be out but Ashkan mentioned in the 'Injuries & Suspensions' topic that he'll be out for a month. Judging Il Capitano's inhuman physical capability, I believe that he recovers twice as fast so it's a month divided by 2 = 2 weeks.

Handyo
    well Han you better believe it because SKY sports reported 2 months and the Gazzetta is saying 3 BLOODY MONTHS!!!!! the gazzetta is very reliable.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I am scared.

But it's Capitano, he will ocme back earlier, but still....scary

Ze Maria is the man.

We have great defence, they are working and making great things in defence, but our midfielders are reason why we still aren't so good at defending. But it is improving.

They are staying to far from players, and that aloows them to think and creat a attack, cambiasso and Veron(pizarro) should mark them closely, not to tackle, just to make pressure on them...
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Indonesia

well Han you better believe it because SKY sports reported 2 months and the Gazzetta is saying 3 BLOODY MONTHS!!!!! the gazzetta is very reliable.
    I still refuse to accept these reports and am in my own state of denial.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I can just hope we'll keep counting for a long time
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

our defense is scary... Miha and Andreoli injured, Il Muro got banned, Il Capitano injured... leaving us with only five players for four positions :
    Ze Maria, Cordoba, Matrix, Favalli and Wome... Favalli is not the kind of players you can play him two games in a week....
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Since Burdisso got a new squad picture done, I'm assuming he's back and ready for action. I damn hope so because we could definately use his services right about now.\

On the clean sheet thing I don't expect us to keep it really long.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

I don't think that Il Capitano will rest for 2 or 3 months, unlesss inter.it say it. Zemaria is a good sub, maybe Cordoba is also ok as RB. God bless Il Capitano.

Not really care of the clean sheet but the victories in a row. I hope we can break the record this season, 7 in a row, right?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Since Burdisso got a new squad picture done, I'm assuming he's back and ready for action. I damn hope so because we could definately use his services right about now.\

It's very likely that the picture was a Photoshop job Rich, I really don't know what's gonna happen with Burdisso...
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2

It's very likely that the picture was a Photoshop job Rich, I really don't know what's gonna happen with Burdisso...
    Rich fell for that one? lol