Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Esteban Cambiasso

Esteban Cambiasso

Since it seems very likely that he will arrive in the summer I thought we could have a thread about his move to Inter here. Then we can discuss it in here!

Inter will sign Cambiasso
    Tuesday 27 April, 2004
    Real Madridís Esteban Cambiasso will sign for Inter at the end of this season, says his agent.

The midfielder has been linked with the Italian side for some time but talk had suggested that a deal may have collapsed.

Yet his representative, Peppino Tirri, maintains that the Argentine will be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt next season.

"The agreement with Inter is in place," Tirri told Calciomercato.com. "There has been no breakdown and the move will happen.

"We have an excellent relationship with Inter and technical director Marco Branca. The signing of the contract has simply been delayed because of logistical reasons."

The 24-year-old will arrive at the San Siro for nothing as his contract with Real expires this summer.

Cambiasso had also been linked with Milan, Juventus and Arsenal amongst others but heís opted for Inter.

His arrival will subsequently see at least one player from Javier Farinos and Matias Almeyda now leave the club.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    The usual trademark Handoyo respond to these kind of players: Real Madrid can take Cambiasso, turn that 'sum b!tch sideways, shine him up real nice and STICK IT UP THEIR CANDY A$$!!!

Handyo

Cambiasso is a second hand player we have enough of I will hate him until he leaves Inter

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

Actually Cambiasso is a good player, not world renowned Super Star but certainly not a second hand player (Remembers his game against Barcelona) What I am worried about is can he adapt to Seire A and will he improve over time? I repeat what I said he is a good player, but not world renowned and his name will not make other teams shiver with fear.
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The guy didnt come yet ,didnt step on a pitch with an Inter shirt and already their is hatred toward him....What kind of hateful mentality is that???

I hope that he comes and adds an element to this team and maybe with Lamouchi leaving and maybe Farinos or Almeyda one of them gone he will be a positive upgrade at that position.For Inters sake at least
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    If Almeyda,Lamouchi and maybe Farinos will leave he will be useful as backup player.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

Just what we need to do: Sell our reserves and buy some more reserves to cover for them. Then we`ll expect them to start performing immediately, when they get to play in every fifth game or so. Just like with Lamouchi. I have nothing against Cambiasso really, he`s a decent player, but he just won`t add anything to our team. Moratti and his gang should for once focus on quality, not quantity!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

To anybody who doesnt know what he looks like:

There you go!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Ibrahimović

as long as we get rid of Farinos ill b happy
    I love Internazionale just too much.

I became a fan of Internazionale because of Roberto Baggio ..

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Internazionale
    as long as we get rid of Farinos ill b happy
    IMO Farinos is not the worst at that position he actually had a couple iof good games....Lamouchi however i havent seen anything close to a good performance for me to defend.Farinos wouldnt be so bad to have on the bench.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Look at it this way: Cambiasso isn't worse than Farinos, Almeyda or Lamouchi. He is younger and will earn less money, in case you don't know Almeyda earns around $4M a season.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I think that Cambiasso could do well at Inter and would be an upgrade over some of the reserves. Though if Inter truly gets him then we should sell Lamouchi and possibly Farinos as well...

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Yes, Cambiasso may be a better player than Almeyda or Lamouchi or Farinos. But it's easy for us to say: "Get him and sell Farinos!!!" It's not a secret that it's easier said than done!!! This is not a CM game. In reality, who'd wanna buy Farinos or Lamouchi??? And besides, Almeyda's contract is finished so we have to let him go for free. The last thing we need is just an over-rated and over-paid foreigner sitting on the bench doing nothing but stopping the growth of our young raring-to-go Primavera players!!!

And besides, with Cambiasso joining in, Emre's position is also under threat. Although both of them are not similar, they play in the similar position of central midfielder. And as I've said for the umpteenth time, Beati & Biava are raring to go off the bench. If ever the back-up of Lamochi, Farinos & Almeyda is not enough; we can ask Beati or Biava to step up and play!!! There won't be too many games where our defensive midfielder is so depleted so IMO there is no way we need another player in Cambiasso.

Ziyad: Just because he hasn't step on the pitch wearing the Nerazzurra jersey doesn't mean we can't hate him. His transfer will directly threatened the position of players like Emre (Who's much better), Beati and Biava. And, we have to pay his wage. Why do we need to pay more when we have an abundance of players in the DM position??? As I've said, it's easier said than done to say: "Maybe Lamouchi/Almeyda/Farinos will leave." Me, personally, I'll rather continue with those 3 because it will mean giving them the continuity with Inter. A bench player needs not be as good as their starter and I must say I'm satisfied with Farinos' or Almeyda's performance, considering they're back-ups.

Handyo

Cambiasso is gonna be another almeyda and we dont need anymore of defensive minded playas. Cambiasso will have a better chance of playing in REAL than here. And if he ever comes here, he will be as valuable as Gaddhefi to Perugia
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

It looks like Lamouchi and Almeyda going and Cambiasso coming.. I haven't seen him much, but I don't like him if he threatenes Emre's position.. I thought he's going to be back-up for Cristiao.. And if he's really coming, no Emerson, that's sure!

I agree with Handoyo. Signing Cambiasso is totally stupid.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Beati is on loan Han

So I doubt he will come back immediately just to be on the bench again.

Sure Cambiasso can play in that LCM position where Emre plays but its a long season and I doubt that Emre would be benched to start Cambiasso if they are both healthy unless Emre needs rest or such.

If those players are leaving then its a good idea especially since Cambiasso is a free transfer.

And remember, its a big world, there are definately teams that would love to have Farinos and Lamouchi. French teams like Marseille want Lamouchi and Spanish teams want Farinos because they know what those guys are capable off. Remember that Villareal wanted to buy Farinos last time but they were just short on cash so things fell apart? Farinos in Spain isn't the same Farinos here.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

We are no linked to Ledesma from Lecce, a centermidfielder I think?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    We are linked to Ledesma from Lecce, a centermidfielder I think?
    Yes a very young one(and good one)-however I think he is a defensive midfielder!

Yes selling 1 or 2 out of Lamouchi/Farinos/Almeyda and buying Cambiasso would be a good move!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Bahrain

In Team sports once u cant for example improve ur starting lineup u strengthen ur team by improving the subs...This Cambiasso move is just that i think IMO.Since the major player we have in that position is CZanetti.Since we arent upgrading him lets get better YOUNGER talent to replace the likes of Lamouchi,Farinos,or even Almeyda.Whats so bad about that.Emre's position is not at risk especially if Emre plays like he does.Plus remmember we have lots of injuries and suspensions especially to the DM position.
    Ziyad Of Boston