Thread: Top transfer's summer mercato 2005

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Top transfer's summer mercato 2005

I have no idea were I should post this. So if the mods think this is the wrong spot please move it.

PLAYER FROM TO COST COST $
    Essien Lyon Chelsea 38 52
    Wright-Phillips Manchester City Chelsea 31.5 43.1
    Ramos Sevilla Real Madrid 27 37
    Robinho Santos Real Madrid 24.7 33.8
    Gilardino Parma Milan 24 32.9
    Owen Real Madrid Newcastle United 24 32.9
    Vieira Arsenal Juventus 20 27.4
    Julio Baptista Sevilla Real Madrid 20 27.4
    Samuel Real Madrid INTER 16 21.9
    (13 over 3 years)
    Luque Deportivo la Coruna Newcastle United 14 19.1
    Maniche Porto Dinamo Moscow 12.5 17.1
    Hleb VfB Stuttgart Arsenal 10 13.7
    Toni Palermo Fiorentina 10 13.7
    Pizarro Udinese INTER 10 13.7
    Jankulovski Udinese Milan 8.5 11.6
    Caracciolo Brescia Palermo 8 11
    Makinwa Atalanta Palermo 7.5 10.3
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Essien is sooooooo overrated !!! what was Ibra thinking !!!
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Stefan, I have moved this topic you opened from "Transfers & Rumours" to "European Leagues".

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Del Horno not there? Anyone knows how much he cost? Essien 38 million Pounds. Well, that's the advantage you have when your owner is a tycoon. You'd be able to literally make an offer they can't refuse. I don't think the English clubs, mainly Chelsea & Newcastle Utd, is doing a good job in terms of rating their purchases though. Owen's & Luque's price is surely inflated.

What I found most incredible is the fact that Sergio Ramos would turn out to be Real Madrid's most expensive summer signing, despite the fact that they're bringing in Robinho & Baptista. To the La Liga experts, is he really worth it?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Ramos recieved Hierro's number. He was the youngest Spanish player to be capped since 1945, with no doubt at all I am saying he will turn out to be the best defender in the world in two years...there isn't a single defender under 24 that has anything on him. His composure is Maldini like.
    If Diogo partners him and Pablo Garcia protects them decently, Real will contend for both trophies well.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Ramos recieved Hierro's number. He was the youngest Spanish player to be capped since 1945, with no doubt at all I am saying he will turn out to be the best defender in the world in two years...there isn't a single defender under 24 that has anything on him. His composure is Maldini like.
    If Diogo partners him and Pablo Garcia protects them decently, Real will contend for both trophies well.
    Yeah but isn't ramos more of a right back??
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Man ramos is great, but i fear that hell have some problems in real coz of the other defenders wich are shit if u ask me ore always injured.

I think i ve also seen him alredy as right back but he s first position is cd.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Ramos can play every position in defence. He played right back and central defence last season, and I admit he was better in right back, but he was great at central half too. He just is so calm and cool for a teenager, reminds me of a young Desailly, composed and always gets forward and has the relaxed face on all the time.

The bonus he has on the other defenders who have failed in Madrid, is that he actually comes from La Liga, is a Spanish boy and genuinely has a clear idea about the great Spanish game.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Ramos can play every position in defence. He played right back and central defence last season, and I admit he was better in right back, but he was great at central half too. He just is so calm and cool for a teenager, reminds me of a young Desailly, composed and always gets forward and has the relaxed face on all the time.

The bonus he has on the other defenders who have failed in Madrid, is that he actually comes from La Liga, is a Spanish boy and genuinely has a clear idea about the great Spanish game.
    In a nutshell, the new Puyol?

What are Ramos' strong & weak points, Catanha?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Santigol

By the looks of things, will be better than Puyol because Puyol is very mistake prone and extremely weak in the air against world class strikers whereas the only doubts over Sergio is his aerial ability and his man marking skills, but his composure is second to none and his tackling and speed are class. Both are great at going forward too, just that Sergio has a heck of a shot on him too.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Ramos is fine..really..but let's put it this way...in Spain, just like in England, they like to blow players out of proportion and make them bigger than they are.
    Ramos is good for everything catanha said, but let's say he isn't better than Chivu was at his age, he isn't much better than Mexes was at his age, and the simple fact that we scored 6 goals against Sevilla in two games last season, makes me not that nervous about the signing.
    and currently, I also give Marquez the edge over him, as Marquez has better positioning, better aerial skills and is also good going forward.
    Diogo needs to adapt to LaLiga first...I believe that Helguera will partner him.

Overall, he is really fine. Real have made good signings this season as they also had money to spend. The money spent on Essien was too much, but they can afford it. Del Horno was real quality. I really wished he would have joined Barca. Then I wouldn't even worry a second about winning the league again.