Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hurricane Katrina: New Orleans

  1. #1
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Hurricane Katrina: New Orleans

    Its pretty obvious that no one would've missed this on the news. Worst natural disaster in American history, that pretty much says it all.
    Things like this can happen, but what ticks me off is the lack of help these people in Nawlins are getting. Their city is worse than Baghdad, and they're getting nothing at all, their whole way of society is broken down, and crimes have increased about 10000%...absolute disgrace...well done George Dubya!!

    note: I'm not trying to start a left wing-right wing argument, just saying what had to be said.

    Thoughts are with the Nawlins people!

  2. #2
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    Maybe because most of them are african american?

    This has occupied the news more then the 1000+ people that died in Baghdad in just one day.


  3. #3
    Cro Nerazzurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 May 05
    Posts
    6,969
    Thanked
    100 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Croatia

    41 10 years of FIF
    I am not polician, but something smells bad here

    everyone knew hurricane is coming.

    80% of ppl left their homes, but 20% of them didn't have a money,car, and place to go...

    so why didn't SOMEONE evalucate them? army, bush...
    all media, all tv stations are there, and help for these ppl isn't coming, like mr. bush said: "we can't send help so fast"

    yeah right,...are u kidding me?

    there was an easy and simple way to protect all these ppl and this disaster that we are watching on tv, but something is strange in all this case...
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

  4. #4
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This is very sad. All those people all the goverment told them was get out, while most of them were too poor or weak to get out by themselves.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  5. #5
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    4,671
    Thanked
    2,052 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Well this is realy making me angry there were reports that they have to improve the dam but they diden t do it and spend the money on irak war instad of bulding a dam!!!!!
    I think if somthing like this would have happend were rich people live, help would have been there fore days.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

  6. #6
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    This is why I'm proud to be a Canadian
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  7. #7
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cro nerazzurro
    80% of ppl left their homes, but 20% of them didn't have a money,car, and place to go...

    so why didn't SOMEONE evalucate them? army, bush...
    all media, all tv stations are there, and help for these ppl isn't coming, like mr. bush said: "we can't send help so fast"
    The fact remains that George Bush doesn't care, never has, never will about the poor people in America. The hard workers doesn't garner enough attention from the government and that's what most of the people who were stuck in New Orleans represent. It may sound harsh, but this is what I really believe.

    It took two-three days to finally get some order? and the excuse is that their was chaos and a sniper scaring Bush from sending troops? yeah right. If this were to happen in Bell-Aire or any rich place, or let's say a place that is dear to his heart like Texas, the US would have re-acted twice as fast.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

  8. #8
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    Maybe because most of them are african american?

    This has occupied the news more then the 1000+ people that died in Baghdad in just one day.
    The issue isn't about race, it is about priorities and George Bush doesn't have his straight.

    And do you seriously think that there isn't 1000+ people dead from this hurricane? it's called the worst natural disaster in American history for a valid reason.

    This is why I'm proud to be a Canadian
    Real clever and witty. Don't get me off on the wrong foot.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

  9. #9
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    It's more about class and poverty, but there is also a little bit of race in it.

    What is hilarious is comparing coverage on TV. CNN and other American networks show the 'heros' who came to rescue these people, and focus on the survivors. They ignore the dark side, for whatever reason.

    When you watch BBC and some Canadian coverage, they focus on the negative aspects, and that's what you do to get people attention. They talk about how Cops point guns at refugees who ask for help, the Cops think everyone is coming at them, or is looting something! It's funny, Cops are always scared, they have their guns and whatever, but they are still scared of 'others'.

    I really hope and pray that those poor people get help, and that their lives go back to normal, and hopefully improve.

    And oh yeah, thank God I am Canadian!

  10. #10
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    CNN and other American networks show the 'heros' who came to rescue these people, and focus on the survivors. They ignore the dark side, for whatever reason.
    I disagree. Only CNN has been showing the heros, but they have been far from oblivious to the truth - and in fact, they have made several attacks of the government, whether it be their political analyst or through images. And here is my proof, which is this video: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/03/ka...toff/index.html.

    Owned. I continue to be impressed with CNN's handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster and horrible aftermath, particuarly Anderson Cooper. It appears that at least one network is finally sick of being stonewalled and lied to by the government and have realized their power for change.

    "We" have a great country, but a horrible government since George Bush IMO.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

  11. #11
    primo-inter's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Apr 05
    Posts
    1,816
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig



    just imagine how bad it must be for those people... then people complain about little things like swearing, when others are going through so much in New Orleans, their whole city is basically destroyed. This is like 10x worse than the World Trade Center disaster. The only difference is, this is natural, so George Bush has no-one to blame but himself for not being more pro-active in making the place less prone to disaster like this. It's very sad.

  12. #12
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    The page was not found!

    However, CNN changed after the criticism was hard to avoid. I watched them for the first two days, and the only thing I saw was them talking to some authorities who came to help and talk fairytale. Most American media are obsessed with the Superman/Batman/Spiderman etc. notion. They constantly show soldiers as heros, cops as heros etc. etc! How freaking naive and gullible are their watchers you have to ask!

    As for the US, I don't think it's a great country compared to Canada. Canada was considered the best place to live in the world, by the UN, for a long time. Now it's second or third after Norway and some Scandanvian countries, but still better than the US.

    I think the main difference is that Canada is more socialist. Health Care here is free, and you don't need any medical insurance. But the Conservatives want to change that and make it like US, that's why I hope they never win.

    Also, a poor man in Canada can live better than a poor man in the US. Add to that the no-comparison between the crime rate. I know the US has more people, but even if you do it per Capita, Canada is safer!

  13. #13
    catanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanked
    7 times
    Fav. Player
    Santigol



    Yeah well done, American media...you pack of wankers!!!


  14. #14
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    What a telling picture! Truly, a picture is worth a thousand words at times.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    The page was not found!

    However, CNN changed after the criticism was hard to avoid. I watched them for the first two days, and the only thing I saw was them talking to some authorities who came to help and talk fairytale. Most American media are obsessed with the Superman/Batman/Spiderman etc. notion. They constantly show soldiers as heros, cops as heros etc. etc! How freaking naive and gullible are their watchers you have to ask!

    As for the US, I don't think it's a great country compared to Canada. Canada was considered the best place to live in the world, by the UN, for a long time. Now it's second or third after Norway and some Scandanvian countries, but still better than the US.

    I think the main difference is that Canada is more socialist. Health Care here is free, and you don't need any medical insurance. But the Conservatives want to change that and make it like US, that's why I hope they never win.

    Also, a poor man in Canada can live better than a poor man in the US. Add to that the no-comparison between the crime rate. I know the US has more people, but even if you do it per Capita, Canada is safer!
    Man I'm glad I live in the totally unknown country Denmark, I think it is one of the best places to live in, especially if you are student, unemployed, pensioner or physical or mentally disabled. We might have the best social safety net in the entire world, and we have hardly any poor people in our country. And I agree that USA is not that great they have allot of things that could be far better, their weapon law, their miss a social safety net, they have hardly any middle class. You have to pay for everything education, if you don't have a health insurance you are more or less fucked if you get ill. And many poor people can't afford a health insurance. And many who have one doesnt cover everything, because they can't afford it. And I could go on and on and on.

    Well I have sympathy for those people in that area. And this just proves once again that the US government dos not give a fuck about the poor people, they are only interest in things that can win them the next election.

  16. #16
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Canada is the same as Denmark, if you are a student, you can still live modestly without taking money from your parents. Same if you a pensioner, unemployed etc.

    Both countries are amongst the best in the standard of living. Such social system is the best in the world, and I am as glad as you are and thankful to God that I live in such a country.

    There are unfortunatley people that abuse such privliges and many high-profile cases lead to a decrease in social spending here, but it's still better than many other places.

  17. #17
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Yeah well done, American media...you pack of wankers!!!

    Well, you can't argue that a picture (in this case, pictures) tells a thousand words.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •