Thread: I'm back

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

I'm back

Feels good to be back home after a somewhat bittersweet vacation and my last one for a damn long time. I say bittersweet because while I enjoyed my time in Germany I also almost lost my life in a car accident that landed me and my uncle in the hospital with neck injuries while the driver of the car, a very good friend of my uncle's, was almost instantly killed. This would've been more distressing to me if she hadn't already been dying with cancer so one might look at it as a blessing in disguise. I also later learned it was her fault as she didn't look both ways after we were coming out of a parking area but what kind of person would I be if I dwelled on something like that after she was the one that paid the ultimate price? The local newspaper had an article and a picture of our car after the crash so if I find it I'll post it.

But enough of that grim tale. Germany was a nice place to visit, even though we only really travelled Baden-Württemberg (SW Germany) and saw some great sights like the Black Forest, the Rhine and the ever-fun Autobahn. Cities me and my familia visited included Baden-Baden, Heidelberg, Freiburg and also ventured into France and saw Strasbourg. We also went to Europa Park which I guess is like the Disneyland of Germany and/or Europe. Had a great facking time there which was made even more enjoyable by the plethora of hot chicks I saw. Actually wherever we went there were hotties, even in the small towns! At times it made me wish I had another pair of eyes.

The one thing I didn't like was the culture of Germany as a whole. Some people we came across were extremely rude and everyone stared at us like we were mutants or something. It also seems like everyone in the whole country smokes and it's allowed everywhere from airports to hospitals, with the latter being absolutely ridiculous. It is like that everywhere in Europe?

But other than that I had a relatively good time and I look forward to possibly returning to Europe one day. After all, I do have to see Inter and the Meazza once before I die.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Great to have you back Brad, and I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Sorry to hear about the near-death experience, that was truly horrible. Thank God you are okay, and I hope your uncle makes a full recovery. I also hope the woman will be in a better place.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Great to have you back Brad, and I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Sorry to hear about the near-death experience, that was truly horrible. Thank God you are okay, and I hope your uncle makes a full recovery. I also hope the woman will be in a better place.
    Thanks man. We're both okay now but it was quite the experience.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    welcome back mate. Sad to have such bad experiances in a holiday, but seems like the rest of ur holiday was quiet good.
    On the smoking thing, i may only tell u that in Italy and switzerland it s not allowed everywhere, as u mantioned in hospitals it s not allowed to smoke, and in airports only in signed areas.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Howdy ho mates. Since there's already one "I'm back" thread, I'm not gonna open another.

I'm back too or at least, I'm back at work and should be getting a new laptop this week, so I can finally post from home too.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Darn! I was thinking yesterday where on earth is Jacko?

Welcome back man, hoping to see you post more

Welcome back Jake!
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Welcome back to both Jake and Brad.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    I'm back too...<snip>
    This sucks, oh man!
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Thanks Tommi...too bad I'm not be able to be that active that I could annoy you even more.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!