Thread: History of Kosovar Football

History of Kosovar Football

Well most probably most of you don't even know where Kosova is. Kosova is a small country populated mostly by Kosovar Albanians (about 90%).

From 1913 till 1999, Kosova was forced to stay under Serbian control, even if 93% of the population was against it... Since then and until 1999, Serbian army and police tortured, killed thousands of Albanians. In 1997 in Kosova a small army was formed, it was called KLA (Kosova Liberation Army). This army started fighting against the Serbs, and then Serbian Police and Army went completely mad , killing lots of people. Then in 1999 NATO and USA decided to start bombing Serbia in order to make them stop the genocide. The war finished in June 1999, when the serbs signed an agreement where they agreed to pull-out from Kosova.

This was a small history about Kosova. Anyway what I want to talk about is Kosovo Football.
    As I mentioned here, Kosova was under Serbian Control, and Kosova Football Teams played in Yugoslavian Leagues until 1990, when they decided to form Kosovo's Independent League of Football. Serbian Authorites didn't agree so Kosovar Teams had to play in some horrible fields, and they had to be aware as Serbian police chased them. So from 1990 until 1999 Kosovar football wasn't normal at all. After the war Kosovar teams were free to return to their stadiums and train and play as every other European team does.
    The biggest problem of Kosovar Football is that the KOSOVA FOOTBALL FEDERATION isn't internationaly accepted from FIFA or UEFA. So Kosovar football is somehow isolated from the world.
    Kosovar teams try to be as proffesional as they can but knowing that nobody is looking after you is very depressing. Knowing that you can become Champion in Kosova and then you won't play in European Cups isn't helpful. Kosova has a National Team. It isn't very strong as some of the best players from Kosova play for other National Teams. Most of them play for Albania (Lorik Cana, Besnik Hasi, Arian Beqaj) then there is Shefki Kuqi who plays for Finland, and some of the most promising talents in Europe are Kosovar.
    Labinot Harbuzi - Feyenoord
    Valon Behrami - Lazio
    Besian Idrizaj - Liverpool ???

I made this topic only to inform the World about the poor position in wich Kosovar Football is. I know that you can't help but at least you should be informed about this.
    Io ho il coure Neroazzurro.

Re: History of Kosovar Football

Quote Originally Posted by M.M#23
    Kosova has a National Team. It isn't very strong as some of the best players from Kosova play for other National Teams. Most of them play for Albania (Lorik Cana, Besnik Hasi, Arian Beqaj) then there is Shefki Kuqi who plays for Finland, and some of the most promising talents in Europe are Kosovar.
    Labinot Harbuzi - Feyenoord
    Valon Behrami - Lazio
    Besian Idrizaj - Liverpool ??? YES Liverpool
    Hey M.M#23, did Behrami choose to play for Switzerland...?

And about Idrizaj, he is only 17 years right. I heard many things about him. More about him at uefa.com. The link http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...428/index.html
    and a picture of him here http://www.liverpool-fc.dk/trup/idrizaj.php
    he dosent look like a Kosovar

Harbuzi was called as one of the biggest talents in Sweden...
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.