Iīm going to rate all the songs for this year's ESC. Most people will as usual disagree with me, but here it goes anyway:
1. Ukraine - Ruslana ( Wild Dance )
Quite weird song, but itīs relatively fast and will probably receive a lot of votes. They are most likely going to put on a show on the stage. However, the song is not my taste at all.
2. Andorra - Marta Roure ( Jugarem A Estimar)
Start off in a harmonic way, but a pacy music. Then the chorus is much faster and actually rather good. Wonīt make it in the ESC, but to me, itīs definitely something I can listen to. Itīs in their own language
3. Albania - Anjeza Shahini ( The Image Of You)
Very decent song. Not winning material at all. Poppish, but also rather nice. Has a few brilliant episodes in the song.
4. Austria - Tie Break ( Du Bist )
A very beautiful ballad. Some of the music in the background has been picked up by the Titanic soundtrack and movie. Good news is that this moment of the song is very good. I like this song, but not too much for it to win.
5. Bosnia - Deen ( In The Disco )
I donīt know whether to hate this song or actually find it decent. An 80īs influenced song.
6. Belgium - Xandee ( 1 Life )
Not a bad chorus. But other than that, and a good music, it isnīt much. The music deserved something better, I am afraid
7. Belarus - Alexandra & Konstantin ( My Galileo )
Quite remarkably voice. Not a gorgeous one. Just very peculiar. I kinda like this song. Could have been better.
8. Switzerland - Piero & The Music Stars ( Celebrate )
No no no... It was a long time ago that the really happy songs where you repeat every sentence was popular. And this one was not an improvement on all those that exists.
9. Serbia & Montenegro - Zeljko Joksimovic ( Lane Moje )
Slow song and complete utter crap!
10. Cyprus - Lisa Andreas ( Stronger Every Minute )
Hell damn yes!!!! One of the slowest songs Iīve ever heard, but itīs absolutely brilliant. And if the 17-year old girl sings as good live as on the music-video, itīll be awesome. BUT!!!! it wonīt have any success. Itīs too slow, sadly. But I love it... Best chorus this year.
11. Germany - Max ( Canīt Wait Until Tonight )
Slow song, but a very bad one.
12. Denmark - Thomas Thordarson ( Shame On You )
Hello Denmark!!!!! A latino song and a very good one as well. Very good rythm in the song, and this can and should be among those who win..... "Donīt you leave me, donīt you deceive me... lallala"
13. Estonia - Neikösö ( Tii )
Horrible. Just horrible.
14. Ireland - Chris Doran ( If My World Stopped Turning )
Per usual, Ireland contributes with a ballad. Typical Dawsons Creek ballad as well, which is why Iīd prefer to listen to this song on TV. Itīs okay.
15. Israel - David D'Or ( To Believe )
Fredrik Kempe of Israel. Very vocal song. Itīs an okay song, but I donīt like when you mix with English and the native language. But a very nice chorus.
16. Iceland - Jonsi (Heaven)
Ballad. Okayish, but nothing more. Iceland can do much better than this!
17. Lithuania - Linas & Simona ( What Happened To your Love
Flamengo influenced music, but a relatively bad song.
18. Latvia - Fomins & Kleins ( Dziesma Per Laimi )
Very good chorus. Song you should hear more than once before liking it. I think this song has a very good chance of winning it all. The non-English might be a problem though
19. Monaco - Maryon ( Notre Planete )
Best song this year IMO. Monaco is back in this competition and with a BANG! A whole French song. Itīs a pop-ballad song, and I very much like it. I hope it wins, but I expect a big fiasco.
20. Malta - Julie & Ludwig ( On Again--- Off Again )
Another great song that will fall flat on their stomach. The mixture between vocal and pop wonīt be appriciated by the world. I sure as hell do like this song.
21. Macedonia - Tose Proeski ( Life )
I feel psychotic listening to this song. It doesnīt suck completely, but not for me thanks.
22. Holland - Re-Union ( Without You )
Pretty song. But not good enough.
23. Norway - Knut Anders Sorum ( High )
The Lion King song? Our neighbours has a ballad which is pretty decent. Iīd give them a vote if I had enough money to call.
24. Poland - Blue Cafe ( Love Song )
Reggea or something. Will have real problems to receive any points. It simpy donīt have ANYTHING!
25. Portugal - Sofia Victoria ( Foi Magia )
Crappy song. Simple as.
26. Romania - Sanda ( I Admit )
If you canīt sing in English and pronounciate the words, donīt sing in English! I donīt particularly like the song either.
27. Russia - Julia Savicheva ( Believe Me )
Is the favourite this year. And it is an okay song. I might see them as a winner in the end, even if I wouldnīt want it. But the music is very good and the song is decent.
28. Sweden - Lena Philipsson ( It Hurts )
Was sadly not the best song Sweden had this year, but it won no matter what. I prefer the song in Swedish because the chorus sound dorky in English. BUT!!!! This song is VERY good!
29. Slovenia - Platin ( Stay Forever )
A nice song and Iīve fallen for it more and more. I would like it to end up in a high position.
30. Turkey - Athena ( For Real )
God knows what theyīre thinking sending this crap when they are hosting it this year. Was it that expensive?
Whoīll win then? I will bet on Sweden and not being biased.