Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2004

Jimmy

Eurovision Song Contest 2004

Iīm going to rate all the songs for this year's ESC. Most people will as usual disagree with me, but here it goes anyway:

1. Ukraine - Ruslana ( Wild Dance )

Quite weird song, but itīs relatively fast and will probably receive a lot of votes. They are most likely going to put on a show on the stage. However, the song is not my taste at all.

2. Andorra - Marta Roure ( Jugarem A Estimar)

Start off in a harmonic way, but a pacy music. Then the chorus is much faster and actually rather good. Wonīt make it in the ESC, but to me, itīs definitely something I can listen to. Itīs in their own language

3. Albania - Anjeza Shahini ( The Image Of You)

Very decent song. Not winning material at all. Poppish, but also rather nice. Has a few brilliant episodes in the song.

4. Austria - Tie Break ( Du Bist )

A very beautiful ballad. Some of the music in the background has been picked up by the Titanic soundtrack and movie. Good news is that this moment of the song is very good. I like this song, but not too much for it to win.

5. Bosnia - Deen ( In The Disco )

I donīt know whether to hate this song or actually find it decent. An 80īs influenced song.

6. Belgium - Xandee ( 1 Life )

Not a bad chorus. But other than that, and a good music, it isnīt much. The music deserved something better, I am afraid

7. Belarus - Alexandra & Konstantin ( My Galileo )

Quite remarkably voice. Not a gorgeous one. Just very peculiar. I kinda like this song. Could have been better.

8. Switzerland - Piero & The Music Stars ( Celebrate )

No no no... It was a long time ago that the really happy songs where you repeat every sentence was popular. And this one was not an improvement on all those that exists.

9. Serbia & Montenegro - Zeljko Joksimovic ( Lane Moje )

Slow song and complete utter crap!

10. Cyprus - Lisa Andreas ( Stronger Every Minute )

Hell damn yes!!!! One of the slowest songs Iīve ever heard, but itīs absolutely brilliant. And if the 17-year old girl sings as good live as on the music-video, itīll be awesome. BUT!!!! it wonīt have any success. Itīs too slow, sadly. But I love it... Best chorus this year.

11. Germany - Max ( Canīt Wait Until Tonight )

Slow song, but a very bad one.

12. Denmark - Thomas Thordarson ( Shame On You )

Hello Denmark!!!!! A latino song and a very good one as well. Very good rythm in the song, and this can and should be among those who win..... "Donīt you leave me, donīt you deceive me... lallala"

13. Estonia - Neikösö ( Tii )

Horrible. Just horrible.

14. Ireland - Chris Doran ( If My World Stopped Turning )

Per usual, Ireland contributes with a ballad. Typical Dawsons Creek ballad as well, which is why Iīd prefer to listen to this song on TV. Itīs okay.

15. Israel - David D'Or ( To Believe )

Fredrik Kempe of Israel. Very vocal song. Itīs an okay song, but I donīt like when you mix with English and the native language. But a very nice chorus.

16. Iceland - Jonsi (Heaven)

Ballad. Okayish, but nothing more. Iceland can do much better than this!

17. Lithuania - Linas & Simona ( What Happened To your Love

Flamengo influenced music, but a relatively bad song.

18. Latvia - Fomins & Kleins ( Dziesma Per Laimi )

Very good chorus. Song you should hear more than once before liking it. I think this song has a very good chance of winning it all. The non-English might be a problem though

19. Monaco - Maryon ( Notre Planete )

Best song this year IMO. Monaco is back in this competition and with a BANG! A whole French song. Itīs a pop-ballad song, and I very much like it. I hope it wins, but I expect a big fiasco.

20. Malta - Julie & Ludwig ( On Again--- Off Again )

Another great song that will fall flat on their stomach. The mixture between vocal and pop wonīt be appriciated by the world. I sure as hell do like this song.

21. Macedonia - Tose Proeski ( Life )

I feel psychotic listening to this song. It doesnīt suck completely, but not for me thanks.

22. Holland - Re-Union ( Without You )

Pretty song. But not good enough.

23. Norway - Knut Anders Sorum ( High )

The Lion King song? Our neighbours has a ballad which is pretty decent. Iīd give them a vote if I had enough money to call.

24. Poland - Blue Cafe ( Love Song )

Reggea or something. Will have real problems to receive any points. It simpy donīt have ANYTHING!

25. Portugal - Sofia Victoria ( Foi Magia )

Crappy song. Simple as.

26. Romania - Sanda ( I Admit )

If you canīt sing in English and pronounciate the words, donīt sing in English! I donīt particularly like the song either.

27. Russia - Julia Savicheva ( Believe Me )

Is the favourite this year. And it is an okay song. I might see them as a winner in the end, even if I wouldnīt want it. But the music is very good and the song is decent.

28. Sweden - Lena Philipsson ( It Hurts )

Was sadly not the best song Sweden had this year, but it won no matter what. I prefer the song in Swedish because the chorus sound dorky in English. BUT!!!! This song is VERY good!

29. Slovenia - Platin ( Stay Forever )

A nice song and Iīve fallen for it more and more. I would like it to end up in a high position.

30. Turkey - Athena ( For Real )

God knows what theyīre thinking sending this crap when they are hosting it this year. Was it that expensive?

Whoīll win then? I will bet on Sweden and not being biased.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Whereīs our song?

I thought Finland will be there too or am i wrong?

I hate that song tho...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pių grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Jimmy
    No, Finland isnīt there. At least not on the ESC album.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Not in the album perhaps, but it should be there.

See this: http://www.eurovision.tv/english/audioliste.htm

Takes 2 to tango
    Jari Sillanpää, Finland

That song is so gay...poor Finland.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pių grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Jimmy
    United Kingdom as well was there. Damn. And Iīve already burned the CD`s.

Damn, there were a lot of songs there that I havenīt heard. Just how many countries are in it this year?

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Ok.

I found this tho:

THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2004

Jari Sillanpää will be representing Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004. He’ll participate in the semi-final on 12 May in Istanbul, Turkey. And if Jari makes it into the top ten songs, we’ll also see him in the Eurovision Grand Final on 15 May.

So, maybe you just had the songs that are 100% sure to go to the final? I dont know...

Jimmy
    Yes, Iīve heard about this freaking semi-final as well, but havenīt got it. Oh crap! My favourites are all in this semi-final.

Bet countries like Cyprus, Malta and Monaco will be kicked out before the actual thing.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    9. Serbia & Montenegro - Zeljko Joksimovic ( Lane Moje )

Slow song and complete utter crap!

Oh, you're in big trouble once Tim read this.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

When will this competition be held? Just wanna know so that I won`t accidently turn on the TV at that time Every year the same horrible crap.

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

I only heard the UK contestant, and he is tipped as favourite?? Well UK is pretty confident right now, they can’t go any worse then what they did last year...

"Bye bye baby
    You lied to me baby
    I must have been crazy
    Baby, bye bye"
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Jimmy
    Yes, and yet that song was very good, IMO. Canīt believe it didnīt even get one point.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

You missed out Spain!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Jimmy
    I freaking knew it. Monaco didnīt make it to the finals and neither did Denmark.

While that sh!t from Serbia and Greece made it?! This competition never cease to amaze me.

Fav. Player
    Oba

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I freaking knew it. Monaco didnīt make it to the finals and neither did Denmark.

While that sh!t from Serbia and Greece made it?! This competition never cease to amaze me.
    Make it to the finals? I thought that there was just one night with this competition?

Jimmy
    No, there was a semi-final yesterday.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

I just heard/saw UKīs song and that song was performed by James Fox.

I "know" this guy from reality-tv series called Fame Academy. Itīs funny that he represents UK since his teachers at FA said all the time that you cant sing, perform, you cant do anything right but to look good. Now heīs at Eurovision finals. Way to go James!

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Itīs really ridiculous how countries give their points.

Top/high points to their neighbours and low points to countries that might win otherwise than their neighbours.

Winner isnīt who has the best song, winner is always the country who has most neighbours in the "contest". This "contest" is all about politics and for being polite to your neighbour.

Jimmy
    Yup... Iīm boycotting the votes from now on. Iīll just listen to the songs and enjoy that part.

Iīm so relieved that the sh!t song from Serbia & Montenegro didnīt win. Even Sweden gave them a 12th point!

Ukraine won. Based on the coreography and not the song.

Ukraine won!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! Ruslana was really the best! I knew the song was good but I coldn't imagine that we will win!!!

You are right, that usually wins a country which has the most neighbours, but our song was really good!! I think the choice was fair.