Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World best young (U-21) players

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF

World best young (U-21) players

we all know who martins is, who fabregas is, robinho and other ones

they are young and great talents, but allready big players, so it would be nice if someone can tell me (us) some great young players, who aren't known as martins and company

I know one, amazing talent, amazing player, only 18-19, skills of ronaldinho, pace of martins, technique of henry, quincy owusu abeiye (arsenal new coming-star)

he is my favorite young player and here is clip I finded, enjoy:
    (first minute of clip is a bit slow but 2nd is good)

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...N134E9EFHEVWLW
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I just watched the semi final of the U17 world championship between Brazil and Turkey.. and let me tell you, this Anderson player is amazing. He will be a future star and I'm guessing will be of a better level than Rooney one day. He's just incredible.

Anthony vanden Borre - 17years - Belgium - Great defender/midfielder
    Kerlon - 17/18years - Brazil - Midfielder - GOOD dribbler (dribbling)
    Ryan Babel - Holland - Striker - Great finisher
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    that anderson neede to be our player, but somehow porto bought him before we did

babel is great player, I heared great things about kerlon, borre is highly rated but from what I saw he didn't impress me that much, but he is still very young
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Santigol

I saw that Arsenal player at the youth championships for Holland and he was a very good player, but hardly a Messi. Messi shat on him and any other player in the tournament.
    Plus, Messi is the only wonderkid out of that group of new kids that has already done well for his club.

Anderson was always a talent, and a shame we couldn't risk him the way Milan took a risk with their teenage midfielder in Kaka.
    If you want another upcoming Brasilian youngster look out for Jo who is a forward for Corinthians and is one hell of a player, I've seen quite abit of him and he is a real talent. He is so good that he has pretty much done a Gudjohnsen at Corintihians...new players coming in but he has kept his spot. Also watch out for Kerlon.

But no youngster in world futebol matches up to Messi :p:

Syria

10 years of FIF
    lol @ Shat.

We could remake the english dictionary.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Well even if i think every one knows him fore me hell be the next real bigg star Fredy Addu!!! We should definitly try to get him
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Freddy Adu. Nothing but American hype. I'm sensing that he's to 'soccer' what the 02-04 Vince Carter was to the NBA.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    no freddy adu

messi is great player, talent, but I don't rate him more then quincy, they are at same level for me

Jo is one big striker, he is a talent, big talent

and there is one big talent at inter too, I forgot to mention him, as I rate him high:
    momente

Fav. Player
    Santigol

The day Quincy starts playing for a big club and does well (not reserves)...then he'll be at the same level as Lio.

Jo will be the next big thing in Brasilian futebol. Its a shame he is not a Robinho type player so he won't get much attention, but that might be a good thing for him and his future. I hope Inter has a good look @ him. I can seriously see another Adriano in the making.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    quincy allready played few games, until this season even messi didn't play any game

if quincy is at any other club them arsenal he would play for sure, but wenger is different person, he will give him full chance when he thinks it's best

I rate messi as maybe biggest talent in world, but quincy is there too, for sure

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Jo? Jo Blow? Brazilians have the coolest name ever!

BTW, can someone please say more about JoX and Quincy? I have not seen either. Unless Jo is the dude who was flattened by a Columbian defender in some tounrnament.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Jo:

With the recent influx of talent at Corinthians, one could not be blamed for considering that the club may neglect the emergence of its existing promises. 18-year-old J is reason enough to ensure, that the MSI-funded outfit will not become inadvertent toward its rising stars. Tall and powerful, yet remarkably quick-footed in the bargain, the So Paulo-born forward starred for the Big Team on two fronts last season.

Having broken into the first team, J proceeded to demonstrate the precocious ability, which has already attracted scouts attention from within South America and beyond. With Gil misfiring and fellow teenager Abuda not making the expected impact, J nonchalantly established himself as the focal point of the Corinthians attack. The speedy forward did all this, while concurrently leading the Timozinho (the Corinthians youth side) to the Copa So Paulo de Juniores title.

Kerlon:

Roberto Rivelino did it. Johan Cruyff did it. Diego Maradona did it. That 'it' is, of course, invented or pioneered an outrageous piece of trickery. But now there's a new kid on the block, who has added himself to this celebrated list.

His name is Kerlon, and he is the latest in a long line of incredibly gifted Brazilians, to stun the world of football with a magical piece of skill. His party piece - the aptly named 'seal dribble' - is, perhaps, even more flamboyant than those distinguished moves trademarked by the aforementioned legends.

Swiftly flicking the ball up from the turf onto his head, Kerlon then proceeds to glide past opponents, whilst bouncing the ball on top of his forehead. The speed, at which he travels when doing this, is mind-blowing, and the delicacy with which Kerlon connects with the ball, means that it stays remarkably close to his head as he advances forward.

Couple this with his unique ability to change direction as he runs with the ball above his nut, evading bewildered opponents, and it's easy to tell why stopping him is nigh-on impossible. In fact, disillusioned opponents' only response to the seal dribble has been, to resort to fouling its young exponent.

Kerlon's piece of skill came to the fore, during the recent South American under-17 Championships in Venezuela - a competition in which he won both the top goalscorer and best player awards - creating a media frenzy in the process.

But it was years ago, that the unlikely trick was invented. The emerging teenager was enjoying an impromptu kickabout with his father Silvino, when his instant control and subsequent ability to keep the ball aloft using only his head, prompted his impressed old man, to encourage the development of a dribble using only his head to touch the ball.

Before long, Kerlon had astounded Silvino by perfecting this move, whilst running at pace and changing direction. And so it was. From then on, Kerlon began to use the seal dribble, with success, during training sessions at Ipatinga - the club he was then associated with.

Although established as his trademark, the player always intended to save use of the dazzling invention, until he made the breakthrough at professional level. However, he was unable to refrain from exhibiting his innovation during the youth event in Venezuela. "I couldnt wait," he conceded with a smile.

"It's just a skill I have, though it's not meant to be a mark of disrespect for my opponents.

The trick is beautiful and efficient. Sooner or later, defenders will find a way to stop me without conceding a free-kick. But until then, I can keep using the play to my advantage.

"Opponents say they will snap me. But this doesnt scare me it just motivates me even more."

But the seal dribble is not the sole reason why Kerlon is being tipped to go on to great things - one doesn't inherit the number 10 shirt for Brazil, at any level, unless you're a fine player.

Able to operate in an advanced midfield position, or as a forward, the 17-year-old is an expert dribbler and possesses wonderful ability to slip weighted passes in behind defences.

He is also a free-kick expert, and given the amount of fouls the seal dribble draws, this trait is made all the more beneficial.

Kerlon's next objective is to convince Cruzeiro coach Levir Culpi, that he is ready to make the progression into the Raposa first team;

"This South American Championships came to change my life, my destiny. I am more mature and I want to be used in the Brazilian Championship. Im just waiting for the call from Levir."

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Thanks Luis, so it was Kerlon after all whom I meant. It's a neat trick, but it can backfire. You can easily get multiple concussions from defenders, the will say they were going for the ball!

Also, I doubt such a trick would cut it in europe. Spaces are rarer than in Brazil, and it's hard enough when you have your head focused on where you are going, rather than keeping the ball.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    quincy, he is 18, holland.
    he was ajax kid but because of his aditude they forced him to go out from club, and arsenal was his next.

he is very tricky player, changes directions easily, he got amazing pace and quick feets.
    can play as striker or as left winger, left mid.

he is also strong in duels, maybe because he is in england for some years allready

I see him as player who will replace 2nd striker role after bergkamp retires, not reyes, not van persie, but owusu abeiye

J?!

No, no, no...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Thanks Luis, so it was Kerlon after all whom I meant. It's a neat trick, but it can backfire. You can easily get multiple concussions from defenders, the will say they were going for the ball!

Also, I doubt such a trick would cut it in europe. Spaces are rarer than in Brazil, and it's hard enough when you have your head focused on where you are going, rather than keeping the ball.
    it's the dumber trick I ever saw

defender just needs to block his way, no faul no card, kerlon is on ground, ball is at defender...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano!

Mexico

i noticed nobody has mentioned Giovanni Dos Santos, 16 year old Ronaldinho in the making (Adu is a waterboy compared to this guy). he was unfairly voted 2nd best player of the u-17 World Cup when in fact he deserved to be number 1 (considering his amazing performances won Mexico the title). He currently plays for Barcelona's youth team. He was born in Monterrey, Mexico to Brazilian father and football player Zizinho and Mexican mother. His incredible technique has already earned him comparisons to Zico...he is the pride of Mexico. He has expressed an interest in becoming the first Mexican player to play Serie A football as well...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

dos santos played really good..but let's see..it's a bit too early

Iniesta needs to work on his shooting, otherwise his passing is excellent and I would rate him as a great talent too. He singlehandedly took Spain to the last U-21 WC final.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    what about that barca kid merida?

I never saw him, but he will sign for arsenal these days, and he is still 15 years old, 16 soon

I remembered 2 more, nuri sahin of dortmund, and that sangog (spelling...) holland kid

never saw them (once sahin) but allready heared great things about them