Thread: Best Goal of the Round

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Best Goal of the Round

As the title indicates I want us to discuss the best goals in each round..TOo bad we have to start from now but i have been inspired by the goals i have seen in this round..

The best two goals i saw are Schalke's against Milan.Fantastic long range shot that left Dida clueless

The other goal is Olympiakos on Real...Definately a laser shot to the bottom right corner

I would pick the goal on Milan to be the one for just that reason
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF
    I definatly agree with you on that.
    Hasan Alintop was the shalke player who scored the long ranging screamer, a great watch. Especially the look on Dida, he didn't know what hit him.
    What the eyes do not see, the Heart does not desire.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Hey u r forgetting ronnie's freekick against udinese, i mean the way it swung, Never seen anything like that before. Alintop's goal was also a screamer
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

anelka,alex,appiah,rüstü rencber,tuncay.....

Fav. Player
    Chino

The one scored by Olympiakos from like 25 yards at the bottom right corner beating the outstretched Casillas.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    How about the second of schalke from altintop great Goal
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Altintop's was definitely the top goal of the 2nd round. Especially considering Schalke's opponent.

Appiah's goal against PSV is very good too, a wonderful pass from Alex.

A personal favorite of mine is Artmedia's second against Porto. An incredible pass and a very composed finish.

Handyo

Fav. Player

Canada

Any video footage of Schalke's goal that raped Dida?

Deco's free kick vs Udinese was pretty sweet, especially the way 'Dinho faked the run-up.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Indonesia

So far, the best goal of Tuesday's Matchday 3, has gotta be either Thierry Henry's first or Fernandes volley against Villareal. For me personally, I have to toss a coin to decide since both players showed great control and finish.

Handyo

Bahrain

Its Fernandes for me...But it is amazing that Henry can come back from injury to play like that after being off for soo long
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

There were a plethora of awesome goals scored in last night's Champions League action.
    1. Juninho's free-kick against Olympiakos
    2. Govou's goal after a great pass from Juninho against Olympiakos
    3. Kafes' chip against Lyon
    4. Beckham's free-kick against Rosenborg
    5. Lincoln's after a great 1-2 against Fenerbahce
    6. Appiah's chip-cum-volley with the outside of his boot against Schalke
    7. Cisse's first-time volley from a corner against Anderlecht
    8. Crespo's header after a sweeping move by Chelsea against Real Betis
    I personally have never seen so many goals in just one night of football! A personal favorite would either be Kafes' chip against Lyon or Crespo's header against Real Betis. Shaun Wright Phillips produced the best cross I have ever seen. See, usually crosses form some curves and arcs. But Shaun Wright Phillips' was like a bullet! No curves, no arcs, just a bullet through thin air!

Handyo

Bahrain

I think Raul's goal deserves mentione after great movement and technique by Robinho and Raul too..

Its really hard to pick one but i will go with Appiah's goal taken into consideration the game being a roller coaster and the two teams being on more equal terms than the other games.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    I think Raul's goal deserves mentione after great movement and technique by Robinho and Raul too..
    Oh yeah, how could I forget that? Raul, for a moment, showed foot movements compared to that of Ronaldinho's. It's great to see Raul back in form this season. As much as I detest those Lost Galacticos, I applaud Raul for being one of the rare hybrids who stick with their clubs loyally.

Handyo

In this round the goals scored were in only 2 matches and the best goals in order are:

1. Cesc Fabregas goal against Juventus, nice play by Pires to Henry who calmly gave it to Fabregas who managed a shot below Thuram and left Buffon standing.

2. Martins against Villareal, nice dribbling over Sorin by Stankovic who kickes it nicely in order for the guy with the new haircut to score his first in many matches away from scoring with his own unique fashion and acrobatics.

3. Henry's goal in Juventus, the guy showed skill while falling to the ground as he manages to control Fabregas' pass which went behind him, but Henry manages to control himself and score beautifully.

4. Adriano's power against Villareal, a bad ball form Stankovic saw Adriano right on after the defender didn't manage to clear the ball, but Adriano backs a full 180 to score powerfully below the goalkeeper's body.

5- Forlan's goal against Inter, bad defense has alaways been Inter's curse and that was evident in this case which although Toldo managed to save it, but then Forlan is very dangerous inside the 18 yard box and scores nicely.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    not to much goals but I have to go with oba's goal. beautifull play by deki, nice cross and finishing.
    Cesc had nice goal too, but was it faul? so I wont say it was the best

and henry also scored great one, amazing pass by hleb to cesc, unselfish pass to henry, a bit behind him, but it was thierry...

no.1 goal - OBA
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Spain

Fred goal vs Psv of 1/8 was probably the best of the year of CL.