Thread: Preview: Juventus - Inter

Jimmy

Preview: Juventus - Inter

Derby díItalia. Delle Empty, Julio Cruz, you name it. This match will be a fantastically interesting match for all football lovers.

Numero uno e numero due. Itís off for a ride on Sunday night between so far the two best Italian clubs. Milan will have to sit down and watch, because now itís a game between the number one and number two, and it is the ultimate Italian derby. Derby díItalia. A bit nervous? Yeah, if you werenít that, something would be very wrong.

So Delle Empty is on the chart, and we have won there the last three times. We have to go back as far as season 2002/03 to find the last Juventus victory on the glamorous (hmm) stadium. Then clowns like Guly was to be seen in the starting lineup, but since then it has been a different story.

1-3
    0-1
    0-1

A goal-difference of 5-1 to our favour, and could someone imagine that for some years ago we never won against Juventus? How fast things can change sometimes.
    Now I donít really take the victory in the Italian Super Cup in all seriousness, but the clubs do, and that is what counts.

If we should we honest though, the last two victories werenít really well-earned. An enormous Toldo has saved us a couple of times, but that shouldnít diminish our victories.
    We have what Juventus lack. And itís not Toldo. Itís not Adriano. But it is Julio Ricardo Cruz. He has played with us in Turin three times so far (two in the league) and has scored three times. Now thatís efficiency. I really hope he gets to play, not only because heís the number one Juve-killer, but also because he is in a great form right now.

Season 2005/06
    Once again, Juventus looks like a dull, and itís a continues ache to be forced to watch them every weekend. But spite of that, the team is a real machine and they are continuing on the path of one-goal victories. That is after all very impressive. That they play a really boring kind of football is another story. I would also trade our attractive style for titles.

We on the other hand plays significantly attractive and more offensive, but instead we have to be really nervous during the entire match we play all to the last second. But isnít the beauty of football being nervous and that it feels exciting during an entire match? Not to see your team score once, and then sit back in the sofa and ponder about what you should do the next day. I can imagine that is how Juventini experience matches.

The Midfield
    This will be were the match is decided. Itís not something everyone just says, but it really will be. Itís two different sets of central midfields who will face each other. Interís midfield consists mainly of Cambiasso and Veron. Our defensive midfielder is really a two-way midfielder and do a lot of offensive moves. Together with him is the playmaker Veron.
    In Juventus thereís Emerson and Vieira. Two defensive midfielders. Surprise, surprise. They are however they best you can find when it comes to those roles, and Veron wonít find it easy. Vieira has also been really good offensively.

Other than that, the similarities in the midfield is uncanny. Two natural wingers in Figo and Camoranesi, and then Stankovic and Nedved who cuts central on the other flank, and takes all the movements.
    No wonder the midfield will be where everything will be decided.

Has Vieira even picked up a yellow card so far in the Serie A? Ironically, he was sent off every now and then with Arsenal, and his first match with Juventus in the Champions League, while in Serie A he has barely picked up a yellow card. He hasnít even picked up one single yellow card! I remember saying before the season started: ďNow letís see how many red cards Vieira will get when he plays for JuventusĒ

The Attack
    In all honesty, the only one who scares me is Trezeguet. Sure, Zlatan is a good player, but oh my God! To get an entire newspaper and TV-station devoted to you is just a tad too much. That devoted to a player who has only scored one goal during the entire season. Not even in that attractive big game against Ascoli he managed to score.

On the other hand, we have Trezeguet. For me a relatively bad player, but the guy scores. If he doesnít score goals, heís nowhere to be seen. But it is a player who needs to be marked tightly, because if he gets one chance, he will score.

We will probably start with Adriano and Martins. Cruz on the bench. Such a shame, but itís no easy task to bench one of Adriano or Martins. Cruz will however be used as a substitute, I am sure of.

Adriano has ended up in a minor goal draft, but so far itís no panic, considering he has contributed surprisingly much to the teamwork. He would however choose the right match to start scoring again. It will be interesting to see how much Juventus will mark him. Thatís where the key to Martins lies. How much marking will he get? Will Veron find him with the perfect pass in a deep-through pass, while Juventus are occupied with Adriano?

The Keepers
    We parade with a new keeper this season, and his name is Julio Cesar. But he has barely been seen this season. When he has been called into action, he has done so perfectly. I thought that during the pre-season that he was insecure on crosses, but it was as I though- lack of playing time. Now he masters those as well.
    What worries me is that he have had too little to do during games so far. He will have see a lot of action against Juventus, so he better be on his toes.

Against us we will have the Milan keeper Abbiati. For me it is totally strange how Milan can loan him out to Juventus and therefore strengthen their rival, but thatís for another discussion.
    An unsafe keeper who can make fatale mistakes. Unfortunately, he always performs outstanding against us. I have no doubts he will do that now as well. But pump in crosses against him, and he will be unstable.

The Defence
    Not one of the teams have a natural right back. This might seem strange for the number one respective number two team in Serie A. We will continue with the trio Cordoba-Materazzi-Samuel, while Juventus will surely continue using Blasi as the right back.

Itís two strong defences that will face each other, and since Materazzi has been very good this season, he will no longer be looked as a safety-risk. But make no mistake, he will be a safety-risk. Thereís going to be some heated moments with him and Zlatan, and if he can control his elbows, he will have a psychological advantage on the Swede.

We mustnít make the same mistake as we did last season at Delle Empty. We played destructive and the total opposite of our usual tactic. That caused so that Juventus controlled the game and through that we became inferior. We were lucky and had a brilliant keeper in that match.
    Now we should crush Juventus by playing our style of football, and let Juventus be the destructive team and contribute to the boring entertainment.

Jimmy Fredholm

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Great article Jimmy!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Wow, what a pleasant surprise, Jimmy.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Very good article Jimbo.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As usual great points...

It will be very interesting to see the duel of Matrix-Zlatan just like you i feel nervous about any fouls close to the area.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Thats a good job Jimmy!!!
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I hope Matrix will manage to wind Zlatan mad and shift his focus, just as he did with Toni.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion