Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter set to have San Siro as their own?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Inter set to have San Siro as their own?

Quote Originally Posted by bbc.co.uk
    AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has raised the prospect of the club leaving the San Siro.

The 80,000-capacity stadium is shared with bitter rivals Inter Milan, and Galliani said it might be time for his club to build a new ground.

"Maybe it's time to think of two new stadiums for Milan," Galliani told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"The first level was built in 1926 and sharing with Inter isn't easy. Their directors have different ideas to us."

Galliani said he was unhappy with the general standard of Italian stadia, and that the San Siro was actually one of the "least worst" in the country.

Italian football has seen a major drop in attendances this season, and Galliani believes the quality of the stadia has been a contributing factor.

"Our stadium is among the least worst in Italy, the pitch is magnificent, you have a good view from the stands, the majority of fans don't get wet if it rains and it is easy to get to," he said.

"(But at other grounds) you can't see much of the game, you have a bad view and if it rains you get soaked, as happened to 5,000 Livorno fans at Florence on Sunday who will have caught colds after watching the match in the pouring rain. We can't go on like this.

"The way forward is to build new grounds because the majority of the current ones are neither saveable or able to be restructured.

"It's obvious that as long as the stadiums are like this people will prefer to watch the game on television rather than go to the match."

Milan played at five different grounds before moving to the San Siro in 1926, with Inter taking residence in 1947.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4315214.stm
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Re: Inter set to have San Siro as their own?

I also just read that...I sounds good!

Milan to quit San Siro?

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has stunned fans by revealing the club is considering leaving their spiritual home.
    Galliani says it is time to contemplate ending their joint ownership of the San Siro stadium with city rivals Inter, and moving to a smaller purpose-built arena elsewhere.
    "Our stadium is among the least worst in Italy, the pitch is magnificent, you have a good view from the stands, the majority of fans don't get wet if it rains and it is easy to get to," said the Milan chief.

"But the first level was built in 1926 and sharing with Inter Milan isn't easy. Inter's directors have different ideas to us and so maybe it is time to think of two new stadiums for the city of Milan," Galliani added to Corriere della Sera.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_de...99999&t_id=502
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Good idea.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ghoul Galliani made some good points, which is a rarity in itself.

As for Bilan leaving the Meazza they can go right ahead, though I've often thought of a brand-new stadio just for Inter. I agree with him on his remarks on the other Italian stadio's. Most of them are garbage, especially ones with the dreaded athletic tracks. In fact I can only think of a couple superb venues and that's:

Giuseppe Meazza
    Luigi Ferraris (http://www.stadiumguide.com/luigiferraris.htm)
    San Filippo (http://www.stadiumguide.com/stretto.htm)
    Nereo Rocco (http://www.stadiumguide.com/nereorocco.htm) Love this one!

A few other's (Parma, Palermo, Modena and Reggina) aren't half-bad either.

.?
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

YEAH great news having a stadium of our own, And what does galliani means by 'least wrost', he should have said the best, sansiro is probably the most beautiful stadium in the world!!. Anywayz bye bye milan.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

The San Siro as our very own? I think it's a good idea. The pitch will suffer less damage due to less games being played on it. It will also save the club from going out and buying up new land and making a new stadium. All it needs is some upgrade to make it Solo Inter.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Geat idea by milan!!
    So if they re leaving our Stadium they can also leave our City, i suggest they build there new stadium somwehere in torino
    And i understand milan thet they wan t a new stadium i mean an 80 000 stadium is way too big fore a serie b club

Fav. Player
    JZ

looking forward to this, but that bastard did not say anything concrete did he ?
    may be he is just dreaming !!!

Fav. Player
    Chino

He was right about one thing: Stadiums in Italy suck! But that does not include the San Siro!

I guess he's just day dreaming. A little jealous of Bayern's Allianz Arena. With the current financial state of Italian clubs, and Italy's economy in general....

...THERE'S NO WAY THEY'LL LEAVE THE SAN SIRO IN 10YEARS!

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fcinterfan
    ...THERE'S NO WAY THEY'LL LEAVE THE SAN SIRO IN 10YEARS!
    agreed.
    it's not easy to build a stadium especially with a club as milan's calibre.
    just see the arsenal case.
    and also they must have great feeling about san siro.

so i guess it's just another crap from galliani.

Fav. Player

Canada

He's talking out of his ass.

They're not going anywhere.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Quote Originally Posted by Miike
    He's talking out of his ass.

They're not going anywhere.
    werd. Milan did the same thing after they won their first CL, and it failed to materalise.
    He is 100% correct on the issue of the stadiums getting ready for Italia 90 though, because new stadiums werent made and rather modfied, that is the reason clubs like Juventus can't get better crowds.
    If Italia wins the chance to host Euro, Galliani will then capitalise and Inter might have the San Siro for itself.

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

Good get the hell out is what I say

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Yeah guys, but do not forget that Moratti has declared a number of times that he wanted to build a stadium for Inter. If what he meant was to have a non-shared stadium then ok.

And if Milan leave San Siro, it won't be ours. I mean we have to buy it and it will cost us a lot

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I personally think that both the Milanese clubs and city council should renovate the stadium. If it's true that the crowd can't even get a bottle of water during match-day, there is a serious fault in the management of the stadium. A system should be set up in order for both clubs to capitalize on the crowds by setting up stands or ordering waiters to go around selling stuff. We can use the EPL stadium or American sport stadiums as benchmark to do this.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

They can get a bottle of water, there are sellers in the stadium BUT if you have any bottles before entering the stadium you must take the lid off...

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As Fabio mentioned water and other soft drinks are surely available. However a bottle of water at times can cost as much as your ticket (obviously depending on your seat)
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    One problem that occurs often at the S Siro is that they sell more tickets than they should (this was mostly due to fake tickets before the 'revolution' that occured this year, and also to the fact that policemen in Italy can't be arsed to do their job properly).

Therefore, lots of people are forced to watch the game standing on the steps (which is not allowed) since their seats are totally out of reach.

Anyway back on topic, it's a unique situation to have 2 big teams playing in the same stadium, we are known for it all over the world, I think it would be a shame to lose that. After all, there's nothing better than beating the Rossoneri at the S Siro.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Bilan quit Meazza? because Giuseppe Meazza's grass also dislike/hate Bilan players. Because disgusting to the smell, shit stick. so Meazza grass always corrode.
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.