Thread: Inter vs Livorno Match Report

Inter vs Livorno Match Report

Hello Interfriends,

The return to Serie A after the National Team break starts off on a sea of media speculation over Adriano. After airline trouble on Friday, Adriano did not show up to Milan at all and only arrived around 1:00pm Sunday afternoon. Of course media was all over the story reporting Adriano's non-appreance but Inter staff were quick to reply stating Moratti gave Adriano permission since he would not play at all against Livorno and rest up for Champions League.

As for actual football played rather than tabloid media hype, it was a great day for Inter as they beat Livorno 5-0 at home in the San Siro. It was a training game for a re-designed Inter squad missing many starters.

The win gives Mancini 100 victories as a coach in Serie A, it gave Inter the 3 points needed and the scoreline gave frindge players the chance to play as Solari, Burdisso and Wome all made appearences over the course of the match.

Inter played the usual 4-4-2 however Mancini changes 6 players from the squad that played against Juve. Toldo starts in goal with Solari and Ze Maria starting wide in midfield. Veron comes back in the side after illness and with Adriano just arriving in Milan, Recoba and Cruz make up the strike force. Martins was also given the day off to rest for the Champions League match this week against Porto and heal a minor knock on his knee.

Inter start the match very well as many of the players are playing hard to impress and earn there starting roles. Solari did well on his first full game in Serie A as he combined with Favalli who also had a perfect match and deserves great credit. Favalli may not be the brightest star on the team but his work rate and constant form for Inter should be applauded.

It took only 10 minutes for Inter to break the match open as Materazzi scores from close range. From a cleared corner kick that is put back into the mix, Materazzi is first to react and hits a volley that hits the keeper, hits the post and goes in to make it 1-0.

Nine minutes later Cruz secures the points as Favalli and Recoba play a one-two along the left side. Favalli sends a low cross into the area as Cambiasso lets it run for Cruz who taps the ball in to make it 2-0. Inter controlled the half and never let Livorno in the game endeing the half with a two goal lead.

The second half starts at a frantic pace and Coco gets himself a red card taking down Ze Maria as the last man with only two minutes played. At the 4th minute Cambiasso gets his goal as he strikes a low hard shot from outside the box making it 3-0 and two minutes later Materazzi from a corner kick heads the ball into the path of Cordoba who scores to make it 4-0.

Recoba completes the goal feast at the 16th minute of the second half as he scores his first goal of the season in Serie A. It was a real beauty as he takes the ball in the midfield and runs toward the box. Recoba plays a one two with Solari at the edge of the box and wins a tackle that see's him all alone with the keeper. With a silky touch he freezes the keeper and puts the ball into the corner to make it 5-0.

It was an easy match with lots of goals but also showed a good Inter side that never let up and played well in all area's of the pitch. It was exactly the type of match Inter needed after the national team break and above all the loss to Juventus. With the clean sheet Inter also extend to 723 minutes without letting a goal in at home.

Eddy

Good report as usual eddy. a few questions:

a. what did you think of Toldo's performance, although he didnt have to play much. This is especially important since his contract is expiring very soon. What do you think we should do with him?

b. What did you think of Burdisso?Did he look match fit?Btw, do you think burdisso can only play at the center or can he even play as right back.

c. We have a pretty small side this season, which I think was what Iner management wants, not the least for economic reasons. Do you think we need any reinforcements for the winter?Can any primavera players provide some cover?

d. Lastly, say something about El Chino. He's been skippering the side. How has he been handling things?

Sorry for all these questions....

Thanx for the match report Eddy!Nice to hear we put in a spectacular performance...... a lot of credit goes to Mr. Mancini for making us one of the most attractive sides in the world today...... thank you Mancio

Hi BabyPhat,

Glad you enjoyed the report. As for your questions here goes:

a. what did you think of Toldo's performance, What do you think we should do with him?

>>>This game was not a good indication of Toldo. He literally did not need to make a save. We all know the quality of Toldo though, before and after the match. My opinion on this is if he accepts to be a second keeper than we should keep him until June. My belief though is that he wants to play as he rightly should because he has earned it over the years. I think we should let him go in January and maybe do a swap with another team. Julio Cesar is Mancini's first choice so we must go with it. Julio Cesar has not put a foot wrong and has earned the starting role. Its a shame to lose Toldo after a great career and many stellar performances for Inter but its also selfish of us to think a Keeper like Toldo will sit on the bench for the year.

b. What did you think of Burdisso?Did he look match fit?Btw, do you think burdisso can only play at the center or can he even play as right back.

>>> Very glad to see Burdisso back. I think he is a great player and I watched him many times with Boca Jrs. Remember he is still in his early 20's and now with the family problems behind him I think he can settle in the squad. He will not get many chances with Cordoba, Matrix and Samuel in the center but as you pointed out he could get some time as Javier Zanetti backup on the right. I have seen him play at Right Back with Boca a few times and did well.. As for today it was hard to judge as he came in late in the game with Livorno rarely coming forward.

c. We have a pretty small side this season. Do you think we need any reinforcements for the winter?Can any primavera players provide some cover?

I think we are well covered in all areas of the pitch. We valid alternatives to all our starters. I don't know too much about the primavera squad and if we will add a player I have a feeling it will be in attack. Not that we need another striker, but if Martins leaves for the African Cup we will be down to only 3 strikres for over a month.

d. Lastly, say something about El Chino. He's been skippering the side. How has he been handling things?

Recoba is and always will be an inconsistant genius. I think he is very gifted but I also think he needs to work harder because he is not the type of player that fits into coaching tactics. He is coming back to form now and Mancini has played him more so if he can get some consistant good games in I have a feeling we will see more of him. Maybe not as a starter every week but he will get his chances with so many games to play.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Thanx, Eddy!

Handyo