Thread: Goal!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Goal!

Yes, Goal!, the movie starring Kuno Becker about Santiago Munez, a Mexican, fulfilling his lifelong dream of becoming a professional football player.

Has anyone seen it? I personally found it to be good, even though it's all too fairytale and has a major loophole in it. The directing and editing was superb. They almost flawlessly combined actual football footage with fictional ones and unless you are an avid football fan, you wouldn't have realised it.

The soundtracks were awesome. I love the remake of Oasis' Cast No Shadow, the song played where Munez jogged around the town in his first day. In fact, if anybody has it, please tell me because I can't seem to find the song with the P2P program I'm currently using.

All in all, I would give it 4 stars out of 5 and I certainly can't wait for the sequels. Hopefully, they won't include Inter in the movie as a club that Munez defeats. And hopefully, it's Milan.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

It's not out here yet, and won't be out for ages (I'm guessing December)... is there any chance I can download it?

Indonesia

If you're familiar with the BitTorrent program, check this out. The torrent name sounds weird but I think it's fine.

Anyways, a great quote that I absolutely love from the movie, "The name at the front of the jersey is more important than the one at the back," said by Newcastle's coach to Santiago Munez. Since I don't wanna spoil those who haven't watched the movie, you have to press "Quote" on my post and read what it is.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Thanks, I'm downloading it now (72% done).

I look forward to seeing this movie, as it sounds really good.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

OK I just downloaded it, watched the first 3 seconds and I'm already into it.

I'll be back in a few hrs to give feedback!

I advise everyone download it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    "The name at the front of the jersey is more important than the one at the back," said by Newcastle's coach to Santiago Munez.
    Handyo
    Well said!
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    Thanks, I'm downloading it now (72% done).

I look forward to seeing this movie, as it sounds really good.
    Where do you download it..? Is it legeal?

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Handoyo said the site above, and let's not go into whether it's legal or not... you get away with it and nobody will bother you about it.

Anyway I just watched it and it's awesome. Every football fan should see it!

Indonesia

The most awesome part of the movie was how Santiago's father resembled Hector Cuper so much. His looks, his stubbornness. If only Santiago's father went to Newcastle, stood by the dugout before each game and slaps Santiago's chest before each match...

Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    Handoyo said the site above, and let's not go into whether it's legal or not... you get away with it and nobody will bother you about it.

Anyway I just watched it and it's awesome. Every football fan should see it!
    Ohh okey...but you have to be a member right..?

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I watched this last week with a couple of friends, and I must say, this is one hell of a movie. The story is, like Han said, a bit too fairy-tale-like, but it's a good one nonetheless.

The integrating of real matches, and staged ones are really flawless. They even had some people who looked liked actual players, like Milan Baros of Liverpool. I don't know if those who watched it noticed, but when Newcastle were playing Liverpool in the final game of the season (in the movie), there was actually one guy who looked almost exactly like Milan Baros. The hairstyle, the shape of the face, etc.

I highly recommend this movie to all football fans out there. And not to mention, the supporting actress is hot! Speaks with a really funny accent though.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Quote Originally Posted by scutzon
    I watched this last week with a couple of friends, and I must say, this is one hell of a movie. The story is, like Han said, a bit too fairy-tale-like, but it's a good one nonetheless.

The integrating of real matches, and staged ones are really flawless. They even had some people who looked liked actual players, like Milan Baros of Liverpool. I don't know if those who watched it noticed, but when Newcastle were playing Liverpool in the final game of the season (in the movie), there was actually one guy who looked almost exactly like Milan Baros. The hairstyle, the shape of the face, etc.

I highly recommend this movie to all football fans out there. And not to mention, the supporting actress is hot! Speaks with a really funny accent though.
    ******THIS POST MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS*******

I thought that was Baros? If it wasn't it's one of the best look-a-likes I've ever seen. The commentary from Martin Tyler was also great.

That's funny how he's in the gym struggling to do those leg-weights and Shearer comes along and he's like "u finsihed with that son?" and sits down, puts the weight on like twice as much as the guy (Munez) and does it casually without breaking a sweat.

Handoyo mentioned the dad looked like Hector Cuper. That's true, I've noticed that ages ago when I saw him (Tony Plana) on ressurrection boulevard. I was like "is that Hector's brother?".

I hate to say it but this is one of those "feel good flicks" in honesty. The problems that Munez has to deal with are usually easily solved, like he loses the money for the ticket to England, then he has money from his grandmother a few minutes later in the movie. I really like the movie, but any problems he has are almost too easy to overcome.

It's a great movie though. I'm looking forward to the next 2, and I can always watch it again when I feel like it since I downloaded it.

When it comes out at the cinemas here (in about 2-3 months) all my friends will be like "are you coming to see goal with us?" and I will be saying "no I've already seen it about 10 times".

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    primo: There was a scene where a Newcastle defender was chasing 'Milan Baros'. The scene was pretty close-up, so I don't think it was actually Milan Baros. I'm pretty sure I saw someone that looked amazingly like Milan Baros, but not the man himself. Since you have the video, maybe you could check it out.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

Jupiter & Primo, remember this? (For those who haven't watched the movie, download and you may be spoiled!)

:p

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

yes I do remember seeing that goal last season... was that in the movie? I remember seeing the 'Harris' guy scoring a free kick on FIFA with Robert.

I wonder how Newcastle fans feel about seeing Robert in their movie, after what he said about them after he left. I'm guessing they feel like we feel about seeing Cannavaro in our Pazza Inter Amala clip.