Thread: 16 years of no Scudetto. What went wrong all these years?

Greece

10 years of FIF

16 years of no Scudetto. What went wrong all these years?

I don't think we have a topic for this. It's the most serious Inter issue in my opinion. Post your opinions of what went wrong all these years. Was it bad luck? Ref scandals? Our team not competent enough? Are we cursed?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

A bit of everything....when will my Scudetto come?!?!?!?!

BUT, we must never look down. Non Mollare Mai!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I think we r cursed, We really r cursed. Maybe some Bilan magician cursed us, & Adriano has to go in to some deep forest, to kiss a sleeping princess and wake her up, to end the curse. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG GHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I dont know what else to think
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player

Canada

Topics like this are pointless..
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

I think that changing managers were one of the reasons that went wrong.In order to win big we must not change the team a lot and buying big players doesnt always bring success.We must not judge a player only after a few games.We must be patient.
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Juve stole one Scudetto due to drags, that Gresko motherfacker made us lose another...
    Of course the refs also played their part in some occasions, "Juve occasions" to be specific..
    We are cursed in a way...

Our management made also many mistakes in the past, gave a lot of money to players that don't worth shit: Vivas, Gresko, Dalmat, Kallon, Sukur, Okan etc...

These are the coaches we had since 1991:

1991 - Corrado Orrico
    1992 - Luis Suarez
    1992-94 - Osvaldo Bagnoli
    1994 - Giampiero Marini
    1994-95 - Ottavio Bianchi
    1995 - Luis Suarez
    1996-97 - Roy Hodgson
    1997 - Luciano Castellini
    1997-98 - Luigi Simoni
    1998 - Mircea Lucescu
    1999 - Luciano Castellini
    1999 - Roy Hodgson
    1999-01 - Marcello Lippi
    2001 - Marco Tardelli
    2001-03 - Hctor Raul Cper
    2003 - Corrado Verdelli
    2004 - Alberto Zaccheroni
    2004-? - Roberto Mancini

Shit, I've lost my counting...

How do we expect to built a team when we are changing our managers like this?
    |INTER F.C.|

2004-2006 Roberto Mancini
    2006 -?

Deja Vu

Greece

10 years of FIF
    The bad thing was that every one bad season, the Board erased the whole era of a coach

Fav. Player
    Santigol

God...the memories.

Bianchi... :redface:
    Suarez :redface:
    Hodgson :redface: :redface:

IMO only a coach who has links with the club can bring the club out of this mess.
    I can write an essay, but once Moratti leaves..Inter will be fine.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I always thought a coach with inter background would do well too... that's why I thought Daniel Passarella may have been a good candidate.

But the fact is, Mancini is a great man and a great coach. Things won't always go his way but rarely are we ever outplayed. We just let in weak goals. This can be put down to Javier Zanetti's absence and Materazzi's presence this season. Things will get much better from next matchday on. We'll have to close the gap on Milan/Juve because one of them HAS to drop points (they're playing each other).

I agree with Miike, this thread is pointless... but then again, it's not as pointless a as "5 things we've learned from getting owned"....

Anyway, this is my last contribution for this thread.

Unless someone provokes me.

just kidding.

The whole damn system is wrong...I dont know what else to say...I mean any club with a little self-respect would never have let a player like Cordoba stay for 7 f*cking years. Any club with self-respect wouldnt let an average Joe Materazzi stay for five years. Weak mentality losing bastards. Inter must get rid of these weak minded losing mentality players. Im talking about Toldo, Recoba and god forbid maybe even Javier Zanetti.

Thank god for Walter Samuel, hes a great foundation for the future and should be build around, hes got the balls. I hope Burdisso will co him for a long-time partnership.

Veron maybe has the right mental quality(in his mouth) unfortunately he doesnt show it on the field, but no, hes not good enough. It is not enough to be good only when the other team leads with 0-3 or Inter leads with 3-0..you have to be good when the score is 0-0 also Veron and dont be so nervous than and give away stupid passes Veron, damn you! Its easy not to be nervous when youre 3 goals up or 3 goals down.

I doubted Adriano, but yesterday he showed the mentality. Spice it up with Thierry Henry, cause Recoba showed its enough, hes gone from Inter, good-bye.

Inter needs a player like Kaka, Messi, Etoo, Ronaldo, Nedved etc, they play easy and unstressful. They can keep the ball, and the teammates can catch a breath. They get free-kicks and slow down the play. Whenever Inter plays, oh no, it has to be so fast and stupid, because Mancini wants it. Well look damn it at yesterday, how many misplaced passes its ridiculous.

Julio Cesar is gonna be great, hes got the charisma and you can see it on him. He looks a little weak in the beginning, but so did Dida, and Ill say he looks better now than Dida did in his first time in Italy. Inter has a back-bone in goal(Cesar), in defence(Samuel) and attack(Adriano). Those sections can easily be spiced up, now Inter needs a back-bone in midfield.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

siwnetdeer, have u really ever seen J.Zanetti play???
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by siwnetdeer
    Inter must get rid of these weak minded losing mentality players. maybe even Javier Zanetti.

you're joking right??
    MY LIFE IS INTER

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    They've already been listed but: bad luck, bad coaches, bad players, bad management etc..

All those things (except Lady Luck) can be remedied with patience, a good coach and the right selection of players. All we can do is endure.

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter

I agree with Miike, this thread is pointless... but then again, it's not as pointless a as "5 things we've learned from getting owned"....
    You're right it was pointless, but we just finished losing against Juventus and we did get owned.

Against Roma it was more like we got screwed, we did see Inter play a good game nontheless.

Keep your heads high and stay confident, we all know Juve & Merda will not go a whole season without choking here and there
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Holy sh1t, with the exception of what siwnetdeer said about Javier Zanetti, his post is deadset on the money. I could add 500 more words, but I can't be farked...by that is a good start.
    He is 100% correct.

Respect siwnetdeer.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    The sun must have risen from the west this morning since Siwnetdeer didn't slag off Cambiasso and w@nk over Santana.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Our players help us learning counting...

INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA