Thread: Which club side is widely regarded as the better one?

Which club side is widely regarded as the better one?

what side is considered by most of poeple/football fans all over the world as the better one:Barcelona 1992(OF Cryuff) OR AJAX 95'(OF VAN GAAL)?
    please,pay attention to this:the question is not(!!) what team do you think was better between the 2.the question is what team,between those 2,most of poeple/football fans around the world rate higher-the Barcelona side which won the CL in 92',or the Ajax side which won the CL in 95'??
    I would be happy if you can also explain me how and from where do you know which side poeple rate higher between those 2.so it's not enough to answer the question.you need to explain it also.
    and one more time:don't tell me which club side was better in your personal opinion.tell me which side is regarded by most of poeple as the better one.
    thank's...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    There's no point in this. It's a forum, opinions will be heard.
    Plus, you cannot say who the best was in people's opinion. Have you met everybody yet???

ofcourse you can! how do we know that Pele is regarded as the best player ever?how do we know that Brazil 70' are considered as the best team ever?
    so,it's exactlly the same point in this thread.I want to know which team is regarded as the better one between Ajax of 95' and Barcelona of 92'.

Fav. Player
    Capitano

I'd say Ajax of 95, because I don't remember the '92 Barca
    Seriously, Ajax, a group of youngsters playing quality offensive football and beating everybody!
    Amazing, won't happen again.
    For the rest of the people, I don't know...
    Your question is a little bit strange...
    |INTER F.C.|

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    The Barca of 92 was dubbed as the Dream Team. This is a no-contest to me, really.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

10/01/2006 14:38

Liverpool Start 2006 As World’s Top Club

The Merseyside Reds can kick of the New Year knowing that despite their controversial defeat by São Paulo FC (ranked eighth) in December’s FIFA CWC Toyota Cup there’re still the cream of the crop according to the number-crunchers at the IFFHS.

The list of the top twenty (below) contains more than a few surprises as Villarreal is the top Spanish team, Barcelona only squeak into the lower depths of the list and Real Madrid are totally absent. In ‘Serie A’ terms Inter are in second place – two places above San Siro nemesis AC Milan, whereas Juventus are sandwiched between French outfits Auxerre and Monaco in an ignoble 16th spot.

Looking at the representatives of the EPL, the ranking seems rather topsy-turvy with Mourinho’s bulldozing Chelsea stuck at unlucky thirteen below both Arsenal (9th) and Man U (10th). The ranking does follow strict statistical criteria, but is there anybody out there who agrees with this list? If you don’t, what would be your list and which criteria would you personally prioritise?

World Club Ranking 2005:

1. Liverpool (ENG) 317 points
    2. Inter (ITA) 307
    3. Bayern Munich (GER) 281
    4. AC Milan (ITA) 263
    5. CSKA Moscow (RUS) 254
    6. PSV Eindhoven (HOL) 249
    7. Olympique Lyon (FRA) 246
    8. São Paulo (BRA) 246
    9. Arsenal (ENG) 245
    10. Manchester United (ENG) 240
    11. Villarreal (SP) 237
    12. Boca Juniors (ARG) 236
    13. Chelsea (ENG) 229
    14. AZ Alkmaar (HOL) 225
    15. Monaco (FRA) 221
    16. Juventus (ITA) 219
    17. Auxerre (FRA) 209
    18. Barcelona (ESP) 207
    19. Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) 201
    20. Real Betis (SP) 195
    -------------------------------------------
    I think we should keep a thread for this... Stats are helping us staying in the top 5 but we need more i guess, we NEED trophies.
    Dejan: "Good and fair people with a big heart always pass. The 'bad' ones always get to the customs where they have to pay for everything."...Amazing guy..

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The IFFHS thing is stupid (even though they put Inter in the 2nd place ). 2 or 3 years ago they named a Hong Kong striker, who played in a local crappy team, as the world's top striker just because he scored 7 or 8 goals against teams like Guam in some random Asian competitions.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Never saw Barca 92 so I have to go for Ajax 95.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by darsez
    The IFFHS thing is stupid (even though they put Inter in the 2nd place ). 2 or 3 years ago they named a Hong Kong striker, who played in a local crappy team, as the world's top striker just because he scored 7 or 8 goals against teams like Guam in some random Asian competitions.
    The website is only about statistics.

For example, Archie Thompson from Australia scored I think 13 goals in one game (it's still the world record) against some crap team I think it was American Samoa, the score ended up 32-0 before the match score keepers lost count if I remember if they were to put him as the number 1 striker in the world it would be alot of bullshit but it's just all statistics. Its a meh website.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Actually, metoon_3m is asking all of us, that which team is regarded as the best ever. What have HEARD from people & history, so on ... It doesn't have to be that we must have seen them play.

As for my reply - I don't know ... May be other members here could help metoon_3m.

Quote Originally Posted by darsez
    yeah it's stupid, the one Euro sport have is better.

Juve
    Lyon
    Barca
    Chelsea
    Inter

but some of the teams place is rather biased like Arsenals.

Fav. Player
    Recoba

the 92 barca team was the one with soichkov and romario right? (maradona also???) If so then yes, they were the best team. Played great football, and were a dream to watch.

Spain

i actually remember koeman stoikof and laudrup, romario came after.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Saviours
    yeah it's stupid, the one Euro sport have is better.

Juve
    Lyon
    Barca
    Chelsea
    Inter

but some of the teams place is rather biased like Arsenals.
    nowdays, every one knows how overrated the crappy EPL is
    Wallace