Thread: Future of Vieri

Australia

10 years of FIF

Vieri set for Montella swap?

Tuesday 9 March, 2004

Stories linking Christian Vieri with a summer move from Inter to Roma are gathering pace in Italy.

The Italian international is said to be on his way out of the club but despite interest from Chelsea and Barcelona, a capital switch may result.

Vieri was linked with a move to the Giallorossi before Sunday’s 4-1 defeat in Rome and he admits his international teammates are keen on him joining.

"Both Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano are stressing me about Roma," stated Vieri. "We talk about personal things but they have said they would like me in Rome.

"I am pleased to be wanted by them, they are two great players and it would be good to play alongside them.

"But for now I'm thinking only of Inter, we will have to wait and see about the future."

Although the Olimpico outfit do have financial difficulties, a swap move is being touted on Tuesday.

Roma could offer Vincenzo Montella, who hasn’t really featured this term because of injury, to Inter in return for the 30-year-old.

Another capital player that is being linked with a summer move to the Nerazzurri is Lazio left-back Giuseppe Favalli.

He’s out of contract at the end of this season and Inter are ready to offer him a two-year deal worth around 1m a season. The former Italian international is now 32.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If we release Vieri we better get something worth it and something we actually need..If Roma want him that would be good since it means Totti will stay and not go to Real and it could mean we can grab Chivu from them(although it is farfetched IMO) but pleas ewe dont need Montella
    Ziyad Of Boston

I think this should be posted in the Rumours Thread.

I want Vieri to stay. And if he had to go I would prefer straight cash.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Vieri for Montella?? Nah... I rather Vieri for cash if we are truly gonna sell him...

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Vieri for Montella?? Nah... I rather Vieri for cash if we are truly gonna sell him...
    I would want Emerson, but not Montella.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    I think this should be posted in the Rumours Thread.
    You sure saw it coming. This thread is closed!!! Such BS rumours doesn't need its own thread.

Future of Vieri

Hello Interfriends,

Here is what Gazzetta.it is reporting about the Future of Vieri at Inter.

The topic of Vieri will sure to be the talk of calciomercato this summer. At the end of the season he will speak as always to Moratti regarding the future, which at this time seems to be split into 3 options.

The first is that Vieri stays at Inter. He still has 2 years left on his contract The problem is his relationship with Zac. If the rumors are true of a total break between coach and player then this could be reason for either one to leave. It will be difficult to predict both staying another season at Inter.

If history repeats it self and Inter backs the coach as they backed Cuper instead of Ronaldo then we can predict Vieri moving on this summer. If Vieri were to be sold to an italian squad then the two likely choices would be Roma or Juve.

Moggi who was a guest of Gazzetta.it for interview yesterday talked about how much Juve like Vieri. With the sale of Trezeguet that seems to be almost confirmed Juve may be looking to sign Vieri with Marco DiViao coming the other way to Inter.

If Roma is the club then Emerson could be the player coming in return as the brazilian has stated he would not mind a change for the coming season. Another could be Montella although he has had an injury filled year but should be ready for September.

Moratti has stated that Vieri will not be sold, and it would be hard to imagine Moratti giving him up to a direct rival. This leaves the third option of a sale outside of Italy. The offers would likely come from England where Chelsea have already tried to sign Vieri last season only to take Crespo in the end.

Manchester United might also be interested especiallly if the rumors of Van Nistelroy to Real Madrid come true. Sir Alex will surely need another striker up front to complete his team.

Lets see what happens I guess.

Eddy

I think Veiri should stay .firstly ,he is a strong striker,and can kick many goals a season,although he is always injured. secondly,he is loyal to inter,that's very important .thirdly, we need him so much.
    Forza inter!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I think all discussion about Vieri should stay here. This thread is closed.

Handyo