Thread: Can I Be Arsed To Play WC Qualifiers?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Can I Be Arsed To Play WC Qualifiers?

People like Zidane, Thuram and now Nedved answered NO to that question.

They "retired" from International football, and then decided to come back for the WC. Quite convenient, eh?

In my view, this kind of behaviour is disgraceful. They are going to steal a place in the team from somebody who actually worked to achieve qualification.

I wish there were more Maldinis around, he had the balls to resist to the several 'sirens' who wanted him back in the Italian NT.

I guess it's hard to find a man true to his word nowadays.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Well, Zidane and co were asked to return because France sucked! I was not aware of the Nedved situation. I agree that the players who fought for the qualification ought to have the advantage in WC2006, but when Nedved, Zidane, Thuram is on your roster and you use another player, then: BOMBS AWAY!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I think it's becoming a habit yuko, and that some players actually sat down with agents and clubs and planned it, just to avoid the qualifiers.

This is so disrepectful towards the players that played in their place through the qualifiers.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    You're right Frisko. I've always hated Nedved for various reasons (filthy diver) but this is disgraceful even for him. The Czechs got to the qualifiers without him and now all of a sudden he's gonna replace some player who's worked his ass off to get a spot in the starting lineup in the first place.

Players should stay retired like Maldini. These guys that are making comebacks are destroying the confidence of the younger generation of players.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Guys I can never figure u out...

When a player like Nedved does this is,its to give Juve his undivided attention and avoid the crappy games his NT will play that will do nothing but take away from his legs..I know most of you would luv it if one of our players did such a thing.

In the Zidane and Thuram case i kinda find it patriotic that they came back when they felt France needed them..I also think they did it for their ego to after seeing France with and without them.

I do understand though the point that they are taking the place of someone who worked his ass off and do think its unfair.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Re: Can I Be Arsed To Play WC Qualifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    I guess it's hard to find a man true to his word nowadays.
    That“s true and you have a good point there.

I dont like those retirements either when later they eat their words and come back if they feel like it. Have guts and do what you have said/announced.

You forgot to mention one player though, maybe purposedly (spelling). I remember that £igo retired from the national team after Euro 2004, but eat his words and came back when half dozen matches had been played already.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

With all those cases, Zidane, Thuram & Nedved. All of these playres were asked to come back when there team needed them. France hardly looked like they were going to qualify before the return of Zidane & Thuram ( U should have seen Capello) . I hardly call that a crime, when a player loves his country so much that he decides to hekp them from distress.

Chez r also playing crap, they struggled to qualify for qualifers, I dont remeber who they r facing, and I m too lazy to check it out,(Switzerland??), but all depends on their two games, and thats why Nedved came out of his retirement.

About Maldini, I dont know if you guys remember, he had a chat with Trappatoni about coming out of retirement for Euro 2004, But Trap said NO THANKS, obviously he thought Italy didnt need Maldini anymore, having Nesta & Crap.

One last thing, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CAPELLO'S REACTION TO NEDVED'S DECISION , remember how he blew his top off when Thuram had decided to come out of his international retirement
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Shame on Figo too then. I'd like to point out that this is not something against Gobbi players, it's against all these players who are just acting like selfish bastards.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    They just dont want to play qualification games,..simple as that
    once figo even said to perreira can he play on world cup but not in qualif. games
    so he can be ready and fit

that's what I call love for national flag
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

so what?? larsson did that too...no one cared.
    and ultimately..the best team plays, so if a better player is available and you have sucked before, why shouldn't he play?

Yes...I would love to see Camel Meriem at the world cup...but he ain't ready..he ain't a Zidane.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Benni Mcarthay has retired 3 times from international football and come back.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Funny thing that Recoba did something similar but he just said the he was playing quite bad then and was not doing any favours to the team so he decided to temporarily retirebut then the coach asked him he should come back, he did and did regain some confidence.

Maradona came back after Colombia thrashed Argentina 0-5 and then they had to go for the playoff against Australia and El Pibe lifted the team spirit from shambles and setup the only goal of the tie.

I see nothing wrong with those cases and to some extent the French return (Zidane, Makelele, ect) to some extent I do understand since France were in big trouble, so for their country they stepped in. That is just my opinion on those cases but Nedved's comeback is just shameful! and so is Figo's.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoJuve FriskoJuve
    I think it's becoming a habit yuko, and that some players actually sat down with agents and clubs and planned it, just to avoid the qualifiers.

This is so disrepectful towards the players that played in their place through the qualifiers.
    I think you're right about that Frisco.
    When you make a decision you have to stand up for it, even if your country sucks (this is probably the excuse in this occasions) or not.
    It's unprofessional and most of all unfair for the teamates.
    |INTER F.C.|