View Poll Results: What is your view on the Adriano - Martins strike partnership?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 2 of them have a great future together

5 13.89%
  • The 2 of them are incompatible as strike partners

19 52.78%
  • I am still on the fence with regards to a conclusive opinion

12 33.33%
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter striker issue

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Inter striker issue

Fellas.

Does Inter need a new striker or what?
    Do we stick with the current crop of 4:

Adriano: who is doing everything to fuck up his career.
    Martins: Not the player we expected.
    Recoba: Mr. Inconsistent.
    Cruz: Our top scorer, which is kind of sad.

Or do we pull the plug and take a risk in January and sign Cassano for about 5 million...which is an ABSOLUTE BARGAIN!!!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Yeah, I just ran into a wall that shook my head and cleared up few things in my brain.

I think our current strikers won't cut it. For some reason, they are just mis-firing at the moment. And changes are necessary, but that is a dilemma in its own.

We need a pure striker who hangs in the 6-yard box, has good heading abilities, and is right-footed.

Iaquinta is having a horrible slump as of late, and he can't play in CL. His characteristics are those of the player that we need, and can't think at the moment of any other one that would be available.

As for Cassano, what can he add? He isn't a pure striker, and would himself need the pure striker we are looking for to partner him.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

should have signed owen in the summer
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Wow, Keir made a very good point which i NEVER thought about...
    Also catanha said something ive been thinking...

Cruz: Our top scorer, which is kind of sad.
    U cant really do much. Everybody is an individual.

Adriano cant get past his ego, Recoba is Mr.Individual. All about himself.
    Martins forgot how to shoot a ball.

This will be a good and possible pair to grab, which will please any italian lovers.

Toni-Cassano.

But buying new strikers wont just solve our problems, our players have mental issues when it comes to inter. They should hire a psychologist to help with this

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

owen represented a no risk investment

he scores goals for whoever he plays for
    he is a model professional
    he wants to play football
    he is EU player
    he is only 25
    he was able to play in europe

had he signed for inter, on form owen and adriano would have = scudetto

for newcastle:

5 games 4 goals

for real madrid:

22 games (18 subs) 14 goals

for liverpool:

267 games (30 subs) 158 goals

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Yeah, I just ran into a wall that shook my head and cleared up few things in my brain.

I think our current strikers won't cut it. For some reason, they are just mis-firing at the moment. And changes are necessary, but that is a dilemma in its own.

We need a pure striker who hangs in the 6-yard box, has good heading abilities, and is right-footed.

As for Cassano, what can he add? He isn't a pure striker, and would himself need the pure striker we are looking for to partner him.

That's the main reason why I have also changed my mind on Cassano mate !!

We need players of the calibre of Recoba/Cassano to partner Adriano. We have already seen that Adriano -- Vieri doesn't work. Could it apply to Adriano -- Toni as well ? Who knows, coz Vieri was really in bad form as well ....

In my opinion, Recoba -- Adriano duo would be better than Adriano -- Martins. But Mancini doesn't seem to be interested to give tha much of trust to Recoba, the way he gave chances to Vieri, Stankovic, Mihajlovic. Yes, Mr. Recoba is inconsistent; but I wouldn't agree with that when it comes for this season.

And that is where Cassano comes in handy. He's very similar to Recoba, and I doubt that Mancini would be able to bench Cassano that much. Forgetting Cassano's phucking attitude, he's one hell of a talented young player. Yes, there's the risk that Cassano's attitute might be a problem for the team; BUT I have to say that it's a risk worth to be taken.

With all the due respect Adriano -- Martins could be our future, but sadly the duo doesn't seem to do what's been expected from them.
    They just keep on showing the glimpses, thus are damn inconsistent. Bringing on Cassano will definitely put a comma {,} to our Adriano -- Martins duo, but that's not a full-stop {.} as well. After all, Cassano can also play in other few positions. Anywaz, it won't harm to have 3 young and quality players like Adriano, Martins and Cassano in the squad. They could well be rotated. It's the job of the coach to do that job well !!
    All Martins have is his speed, with very bad control of the ball which is crystal clear !! And that is where Martins have to improve alot to do well in his career. As for Adriano, he should learn to play with his partner !!

But then again, there's no need of sacrificing Pizarro to get Cassano. Pizarro is the man for us next season.

Lets get Cassano & Grosso, and may be next season could definitely be ours - as we always say !!

The other reason why I am welcoming Cassano is coz of the probable Recoba's departure, which I am kinda sure of. Lets just hope that Cassano won't be our new Recoba.

I am not sure we need a 5th striker, and the tought of having the crazy Cassano at Inter simply scares me.
    Is it really that hard for Mancini to tell Adriano to stay in the damn box??? I know he's being marked by 2 or 3 players there but he isn't any help in midfield, we already have players there!!!
    In my opinion he would be perfect as a target man, he's big, strong as an ox, great heading, good shooting. Mancini should tell him not to leave the opponents box for the whole game, some good oportunities are bound to appear. Martins is always alone in the box and we CROSS to him
    When I look at how Adriano plays for Brazil and how he plays for us...I am just perplexed.
    INTER 4 EVER!!

Continuity and Serenity.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Without doubt, Adriano's the most disappointing point this season. He needs to get a grab of himself and play like we know he can. A fifth striker has been discussed for a long time, and I have always thought we should get a no 5. But I don't believe we need to get rid of any of our four strikers at this date.

Adriano needs to get back in form, but then he needs to train, and not play. What Mancini do when he's playing Adriano now is that he brings the boy further down. Adriano at this date can't provide anything for Inter, and this, of course, makes him feel even worse about himself. Mancini's not actually helping.

Recoba is Recoba. He's inconsistent alright, but you don't get rid of a player like him.

When it comes to Oba he has a terrible finishing. He can finish off a move in world class manner, but also miss an open goel three times in two minutes. This is something he really needs to work with, and when this reaches a good level, we have a young striker of international top class. And we have brought him up ourselves!

Cruz. Not much to say on this guy in these times. He's scoring form every possible and not possible position. A fine example is the Porto match. A penalty is quite easy after all, but that 2-1 header is really impressing if you see the goal a couple of times close up.

But it's not just the strikers that are the problem. It might as well be Mancini. He has this tendency to play those not in form and place the in-form players on the bench. Cruz should be a regular in these days, with Oba and Chino rotating on the second place. Adriano needs to train and gain back his confidence before he plays for Inter again.

A fifth striker would help if its a type we don't have, but it wouldn't necessary solve all problems.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Jimmy
    As much as it saddens me, I have to admit that we really are in a desperate need of a striker. I can't help to see for myself that Martins just doesn't cut it as a starter who should score 20 goals in a season. We're lucky if he scores more than ten goals.

Then we have Adriano. The striker who should be leading this team and be our number one scorer. He picks games to score all his goals, and the rest of the games, he plays as a midfielder. He has no idea of how to move as a striker. He wants to have the ball behind his passer, instead of making a run inside the box. He's far too obsessed with those shots outside the penalty box.

The duo Adriano-Martins is being hurt by the way Adriano plays. So either someone teach Adriano how to move as a striker, so that Martins' strenghts can be better utilized, or Adriano learn how to play as a support striker, which seems to be his preferred position and we buy a pure striker who lives inside the box. Which to me is easier said than done. I don't see such a striker on the market right now.

Buying Cassano won't change much if Adriano is going to be this God damn stubborn and tactically a dumbass. We'd then play with two support strikers.

I just find it pathetic when I see that everytime, one of our strikers are making crosses into ONE striker in the box. And that striker is either Martins who can't head a ball, or Adriano who can't move like a striker. It's our midfielders who should provide crosses and the last passes.

Something has to be done anyway, that's for sure. I'm beginning to fantasize about Barca's good ol' 4-3-3 with flanked forwards. Forwards, not wingers.

Julio Cesar

Zanetti - Cordoba - Samuel - Favalli

Stankovic - Veron - Cambiasso

Figo - Adriano - Recoba

This way, we have to force Adriano to stay central and be the number one striker. But this won't happen. Right now Cruz has to be our top-striker for this season until he drops form. Of course, Cruz isn't the kind of striker we should build our future around, but for this season we have no choice. He has to play, because he's the only one who knows tactically how to play as a scorer.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    that lineup will never work.

Jimmy
    Well, you don't have to fill pages of arguments of why it wouldn't work.

At the moment we definitely need a pure striker who can finish. Adriano would be ideal for that, he is strong, he can score with his head and foot. But it seems that he can't stay in box, he acts like support striker and he sucks at that position. Plus he's in poor form. So it's 160 cm long Oba alone in box and that obviously doesn't work.

I don't think getting Cassano would solve anything. Cassano-Adrino would be then 2 support strikers.. And we have already Recoba and currently Adriano for that position. Plus it seems that Mancio can't handle our current team, so imagine what it would be with Cassano.

IMO only option would be player like Toni or Iaquinta or someone similiar.

And what it comes to Jimmys lineup, it seems interesting and worth of trying, but i doubt it will never happen, knowing Mancio.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    We don't need anyone. Adriano will soon be back, Oba is more than good enough, he's great and he will make you swallow your words. Cruz our best striker is 'sad'? Phuck that attitude.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

"Adriano will soon be back"
    I hope so, but if he carries on the way he is going he might as well go and play for Cesena.

"Oba is more than good enough"
    I don't wish to blame to whole night on him, but his finishing was awfully poor last night.

"Cruz our best striker is 'sad'?"
    It's not sad, but it isn't comforting that our 4th striker in line is our only hope of grabbing a goal these days.

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, so the solution is go buy another striker? This is such typical Inter-fan bullshit, thinking that when things don't go well you need to go buy another player. You think people would learn from years and years of doing the same mistakes.

And then if the club actually do buy somebody, you would bash them for that. Un-phuckin-believable
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    He picks games to score all his goals, and the rest of the games, he plays as a midfielder. He has no idea of how to move as a striker.

He's far too obsessed with those shots outside the penalty box.

Buying Cassano won't change much if Adriano is going to be this God damn stubborn and tactically a dumbass. We'd then play with two support strikers.
    In reference to the NBA, Houston Rockets hired Patrick Ewing, one of the best centres in this history of the game who has retired, to teach Yao Ming, a talented yet gullible centre, some aggressive post-moves. Maybe Inter should do the same and hire a goal poacher from the past to teach Adriano how to move in the penalty box. Paolo Rossi? Jurgen Klinsmann?

Just a crazy suggestion.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Yeah, so the solution is go buy another striker? This is such typical Inter-fan bullshit, thinking that when things don't go well you need to go buy another player. You think people would learn from years and years of doing the same mistakes.

And then if the club actually do buy somebody, you would bash them for that. Un-phuckin-believable
    exactly.

We could go buy Cassano and Vucinic, and just add to the problems that we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Maybe Inter should do the same and hire a goal poacher from the past to teach Adriano how to move in the penalty box. Paolo Rossi? Jurgen Klinsmann?

Just a crazy suggestion.
    Crazy, but I like it!!! But wait....wasn't Mancini a killer forward????? Can't he teach Adriano a thing or two????
    INTER 4 EVER!!

Continuity and Serenity.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Frisko, Helal, what are you saying to me, tell me where said I want a new striker? You people have got to take your heads out of certain players asses and look at the real situation, that certain "world class strikers" aren't doing what they are meant to be doing, which is scoring goals...

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

I already guessed in the summer how it's gonna be in this season. When everybody was hailing that Oba-Adriano is the most lethal striker duo in the world, I was thinking that 4 strikers just isn't enough for us. Most of you said that now that Vieri is gone our striker department is perfect. Well it doesn't look so perfect to me. I never ever actually couldn't even imagine that I would actually wish that Cruz would play every match for us. How in the blue hell are we in a situation that the 4th striker in the pecking order is our best goalscorer?

Let's be honest here, let's compare Juve's and Milan's strikers to ours. I have to admit that our strikers are mickeymouse-caliber compared to Milan's and Juve's. This is just too depressing.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!