Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Ever Give Up?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Do You Ever Give Up?

I was reading the Lazio v Inter thread last night and finding it very depressing. I would like to see which of you feel the same way about Inter and being a fan. Therefore I made up this test.

This is not about who's the better fan, it's just about what kind of fan you are. Are you a die-hard fan? Do you ever give up? Do you have a more distant and analytical approach?

Questions:

1) If Inter lose, do you feel angry instead of disappointed/sad? YES = 1 point NO = 0 points

2) If Inter lose, is your first reaction to find somebody to blame? YES = 1pt NO = 0 pts

3) Do you ever switch off the TV/Internet during an Inter game because 'you had enough'? YES = 1 pt NO = 0 pts

4) Do you ever start watching a game with a negative attitude because you don't agree with the line-up? YES = 1 pt NO = 0 pts

5) Do you feel affection for our players and would you try to defend them against critics if at all possible? YES = 0 pts NO = 1 pt

6) Do you believe in the Mancini project? YES = 0 pts NO = 1 pt

7) Do you criticise Inter more often than you support them? YES = 1pt NO = 0 pts

8) Will you always give Inter a chance even if you strongly disagree with the line-up/tactics and support them with all you've got from the 1st to the 90th minute? YES = 0 pts NO = 2 pts

I would get 0 points on this test, I'd like to know what would you get.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Syria

10 years of FIF

Re: Do You Ever Give Up?

Questions:

1) If Inter lose, do you feel angry instead of disappointed/sad? YES = 1 point NO = 0 points

Yes

2) If Inter lose, is your first reaction to find somebody to blame? YES = 1pt NO = 0 pts

No

3) Do you ever switch off the TV/Internet during an Inter game because 'you had enough'? YES = 1 pt NO = 0 pts

Do you ever, or have you ever? I have.

4) Do you ever start watching a game with a negative attitude because you don't agree with the line-up? YES = 1 pt NO = 0 pts

NO!

5) Do you feel affection for our players and would you try to defend them against critics if at all possible? YES = 0 pts NO = 1 pt

Yes (critis like hamed)

Yes

7) Do you criticise Inter more often than you support them? YES = 1pt NO = 0 pts

Hmm... Yes

8) Will you always give Inter a chance even if you strongly disagree with the line-up/tactics and support them with all you've got from the 1st to the 90th minute? YES = 0 pts NO = 2 pts

Yes

Im probably one of the ones like Frisko, but at times a little more aggressive.

Just because a player like Martins fu%ked up easy chacnes againt lazio, everybody will blame those misses on Miha.

"Damn u Miha and Mancini for those misses"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

So that's a 3 score for you helal, good stuff

Just because a player like Martins fu%ked up easy chacnes againt lazio, everybody will blame those misses on Miha.

"Damn u Miha and Mancini for those misses"
    God this is so true, I don't know if laugh or cry!

And by the way, it seems that Oba is not good enough for us now Some people need to learn to believe in players.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Questions:

1) If Inter lose, do you feel angry instead of disappointed/sad?
    ---> I feel both angry and sad/disappointed !!

2) If Inter lose, is your first reaction to find somebody to blame?
    ---> YES !! {like Mancini's tactics or misses}

3) Do you ever switch off the TV/Internet during an Inter game because 'you had enough'?
    ---> NO !! I have never switched off the TV, instead go to bed right away without uttering a word with my roommate !

4) Do you ever start watching a game with a negative attitude because you don't agree with the line-up?
    ---> Yes, especially when we used to play with 2 defensive midfielders last season.

5) Do you feel affection for our players and would you try to defend them against critics if at all possible?
    ---> NO !! But again, it depends ...

6) Do you believe in the Mancini project?
    ---> Don't know !! I am in the middle of this now coz of Mancini's favourtism and weird experiments all the time !!

7) Do you criticise Inter more often than you support them?
    ---> NO !!

8) Will you always give Inter a chance even if you strongly disagree with the line-up/tactics and support them with all you've got from the 1st to the 90th minute?
    ---> YES !!

Indonesia

10 years of FIF

Questions:

Sometimes, but mostly, no

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

[/b]YES!![/b]

I've got an overall of half point.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

It depends, obviously. If we lost a match we could and should easily have won, for example the Lecce 2-2 Inter debacle in 04/05 Serie A, then I'm angry. If we lose because Mancini's crazy experiment, for example; 4-3-3 in 2nd leg of EuroDerby II, Pizarro & Veron together in Renzo Barbera, benching Samuel & J.Zanetti to allow Matrix & Miha to play; then I'm furious. If we really deserve to lose despite playing our best, then yes, I'm sad, disappointed & can't wait to cheer the team for the next match.

Unless it's Mancini's decision, which we usually find before the kickoff, then no, I don't.

3) Do you ever switch off the TV/Internet during an Inter game because 'you had enough'?
    Once. Our first Derby Della Madoninna in 03/04 when we lost 1-3. When Shevchenko scored Milan's 3rd goal, I just switched off the TV and jump into a chasm of sadness, despair & anger.

4) Do you ever start watching a game with a negative attitude because you don't agree with the line-up?
    If by negative attitude you mean pessimism, then yes. If you mean by not wishing the team to win, then of course not!

5) Do you feel affection for our players and would you try to defend them against critics if at all possible?
    It depends on whether the degree of the criticism and whether the player/team really deserve it.

Currently, after the draw against Lazio, honestly no. But in a few days, I am optimistic that I will believe in it again.

No.

8) Will you always give Inter a chance even if you strongly disagree with the line-up/tactics and support them with all you've got from the 1st to the 90th minute?
    Well of course. I don't support just the coach, tactics or players, but most importantly, I support the club that is Inter.

I don't know how many points should I get, Frisko. Be the judge.

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

No offense Frisko, but your test is kinda bs. As a fan, I'm a die-hard fan, still I won't accept anything. I support the club, but I don't have to like every player, coach, member of staff if they are/might be bad for Inter.

Getting 0 points from your test, means to me, that you have to be one of those "blind fans" that accept anything without critisism. Even if someone loves Inter more than life, you have to be able to critisize if something is wrong.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    No offense Frisko, but your test is kinda bs. As a fan, I'm a die-hard fan, still I won't accept anything. I support the club, but I don't have to like every player, coach, member of staff if they are/might be bad for Inter.

Getting 0 points from your test, means to me, that you have to be one of those "blind fans" that accept anything without critisism. Even if someone loves Inter more than life, you have to be able to critisize if something is wrong.
    Whatever Jake, just ignore this thread then.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I get 3...So that we don't post the questions again, I put YES on questions: 1 and 2 and NO on question 6

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Yes
    7. No
    8. Yes
    3 points
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Yes
    7. No
    8. YES!! Forza Inter! I know you made me suffer, but hey, you can't explain love! :redface:

but I still have 4 points

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Be truthful guys, the person with the most points gets to give Frisko some affection. :redface:

What a stupid thread, I'd rather figure out the Da vinci code.

Fav. Player
    Capitano

No

No

No!!!

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

1 point.
    |INTER F.C.|

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    1)yes
    2)No
    3)No,but not because i enjoy whats happening,but its because i am just so angry that the playrs arent giving it enough,i am like"ur playing in an inter shirt damn it,wtf are u doing",and also the thought if me switching of an a game of a club i love doesnt come to me.
    4)No
    5)Yes,but it depends
    6)Yes
    7)in the middle for me,but maybe no
    8)offcourse

1 point

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

It depends on the occassion. It is difficult to sum up my feelings of lost matches based on 2 extreme modes of emotions. However, i'm more often sad than angry. Therefore, this should be a NO.

NO. My first reaction is to question how on earth i ended up supporting this team.

I've only done this once in my life - the 6-0 defeat by Milan. However, i switched off the TV because i was too distraught to carry on watching the team. If what i understand by 'having had enough' meaning to be completely frustrated with the result, then my answer is NO.

NO. Hope springs eternal.

YES of course. Although i try to rationalize and comprehend all points of an argument, my emotional attachment to my favorite players often leads me to take their side in debates.

YES. Or more accurately - i still do.

NO. My critical thoughts are often jokes about the team. However, i am more supportive of them than negatively critical.

YES. If i disagree with the lineup, even strongly so, those feelings would dissipate within the first few minutes of the game. Once Inter kick off, the team is all that matters, not my thoughts.

I've got 3 points. What's the census for anyway?

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Syria

10 years of FIF
    3 points? no i think u got a 0....

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Oh. I thought every Yes meant a point.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Be truthful guys, the person with the most points gets to give Frisko some affection. :redface:

What a stupid thread, I'd rather figure out the Da vinci code.
    Gosh I'll never sleep at night again
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) Yes
    5) No
    6) I did, but now, NO!
    7) No
    8) Yes
    Ich bin muede.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    i got 1 poit. on the 2nd question. i blame some person thought and guess what? the guy is always mancini. but i believe in him though. it's just that sometime he like to try out new tactic in important matches