Thread: Member activity

Greece

10 years of FIF

Member activity

This is not a question to be answered by someone specifically, but it's more of a general one. I'm usually online all time that I'm on my PC, which is more than half the time I'm awake , and notice that there are no more than 5 members online. But when there's a game, everybody joins in... I specially remember after the SuperCoppa win, there were like 30 members online. Why do members not login any time? Why should there be a game for most of you to login? The forum is huge, there are more things than Games & Tactics forum to view

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

different time zones/people at work/doing other things than on internet/more free time at weekend to go on net when the inter games are played *

*delete as appropriate
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    well im on when i get the chance

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Keir
    different time zones/people at work/doing other things than on internet/more free time at weekend to go on net when the inter games are played *

*delete as appropriate
    your right.

I know at about 1pm Australian time the only people i ever have a chance of seeing on are the Aussie and Canadaian members.

And theres nobody on, and no new posts other then when Hamed is banging stankovic lol.

But then after a night sleep if i come back, nobody is on but the new posts list is huge.

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Keir's right, that's a major factor.
    But my feeling is that there are about 30 people tops who send messages all the time, nevertheless there are 947 registered members...
    That's sad, this forum is really interesting!
    |INTER F.C.|

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by interista7
    Keir's right, that's a major factor.
    But my feeling is that there are about 30 people tops who send messages all the time, nevertheless there are 947 registered members...
    That's sad, this forum is really interesting!
    Exactly my point. These 30-40 members are usually online every day. I could make a list of the active members and then make a list of members who join only at game times or right after a game and you'll notice totally different people online at that time. Of course some may not have the time, or have bad connection to the net, just like I used to be

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Remember to tell me how many members will be on the forum during the Bilan game on Sunday.
    I won't be (I don't have a satellite TV and so I have to go out to watch the game), I'm just curious.
    |INTER F.C.|

I'll prolly have to follow the game through the net as here in Australia it would be around 5.30 that it would start and I don't have Cable and I have to work in the morning, so no pub or friends house.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I used to come on here 2-3 times a day without fail but having started a new job on monday i just don't have the time anymore, its a really long day, up at 5.45, out of house for 7.30am, work for 8.30 to 5.30 and back home for about 6.15/6.30, make tea then out again for either tues - pub quiz, wed - football, thurs - music quiz.

no internet access at work and need to go to bed early means i can only get on for odd 15-30mins here and there every so often and read now more than post during the weekdays, but come friday night its 2 days free to go on for however long i want to, "living for the weekend" - free download of hard-fi song live here: http://download.wmg.com/wmg/gl/secur...ve_192_sec.wma

thats why more people are on here on weekend/matchday
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

The timezones are the biggest factor involved since the members are typically made up of many nationalities spanning the globe. Obviously the Europeans are the most represented body on FI, but the Asians and the Americans aren't too far behind. Besides, we have a bunch of Australians as well. Therefore, the general consensus is that at any given time, there should be at least 1 member surfing the boards.

However, the timezones are precisely the reason why you do not see a whole bunch of members together at a given point of time. It is through only a galvanizing agent such as a match that brings all of the members to the board, regardless of the time in their particular location.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B