Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facchetti, Tronchetti Provera and Matrix v Gobbi

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Facchetti, Tronchetti Provera and Matrix v Gobbi

TURIN, 28 November 2005
    Giraudo: "There's a lot of talking about morality and then you get people spending 120 millions per year and not winning anything."

PARIS, 28 November 2005
    Facchetti: "Giraudo mentioned morality, how can be immoral for someone to spend his own money? I surely don't think I have to point out to Giraudo what things are really immoral, nobody would know that better than him."

FLORENCE, 29 November 2005
    Tronchetti Provera: "One of the reasons why Inter haven't won a Scudetto for many years is that they never got involved in power play. That's why I consider Moratti like a brother, he never got involved in that. We sure make many mistakes, but we don't to power play."

MILAN, 30 November 2005
    Materazzi: "Juve should mind their own business."

Gobbi
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

HAHA I love Facchetti comment How can it be immoral to spend one's own money . Its not surprising about the Gobbi's, whenever they open their mouths shit comes out

I also read Capello saying something about Morrati, too tired to post the link. check out Channel 4
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Can somebody also post Capello's comments?

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    Can somebody also post Capello's comments?
    Capello blasts Inter chief Moratti

Fabio Capello has launched a bitter attack on Inter owner Massimo Moratti, whom he says led him on with the false promise of the Nerazzurri job two years ago. "He strung me along with every phone call," said the Juventus boss.

In an interview with QS magazine, Capello revealed that, after deciding to leave Roma in 2003, he was contacted by Moratti who told him that he wanted him to take over the reins at the club.

However, according to Capello, the Nerazzurri chief never had any intention of hiring his services as he had already shaken hands on a deal to bring Roberto Mancini to the San Siro.

"The call from Moratti came, alright," said Capello. "I think he had already agreed a deal with Mancini in November 2003, which means that he was just stringing me along every time he rang me up. He was just stirring things up."

These revelations come at a time when tensions between Inter and Juve are particularly fraught.

Antonio Giraudo, Juve’s director of finance, recently slammed Inter’s expensive transfer policy as immoral and unsuccessful, while Inter official Tronchetti Provera countered by attributing Inter’s lack of silverware to political integrity that the Bianconeri don’t have. "Inter don’t indulge in power games," he said.

As the public mudslinging becomes increasingly personal, one thing remains patently clear – Moratti missed out on the chance to sign a highly successful Coach.

While Capello went on to win yet another Scudetto with Juve and is favourite to do so again this season, the Inter chief opted instead to hire an inexperienced young tactician who has yet to come anywhere near ending Inter’s title drought.

"I don’t know why Moratti didn’t take me to Milan," continued Capello. "I don’t know whether he hesitated or whether he was badly advised."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec1e.html
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Re: Facchetti, Tronchetti Provera and Matrix v Gobbi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoJuve FriskoJuve
    "One of the reasons why Inter haven't won a Scudetto for many years is that they never got involved in power play. That's why I consider Moratti like a brother, he never got involved in that. We sure make many mistakes, but we don't to power play."
    This sentence for me is worth 13 scudetti. This is why I love this club, we'd rather starve than steal the bread.

THANK ALOT Frisko for posting this one, I have not read it anywhere else.

As for Capello's comments, a big kiss to Moratti for not hiring him and teasing him. Yes, he is a winner, but he is the worse winner you can have.

He is not a man, he does not have an ounce of bravery. Always afraid and boring, whether with Madrid, Milan or Juventus.

History surely remember winners, but it remembers BRAVE winners for much longer. Capello is a soccer destroyer, he does not know what baldness and bravery means.

For me, I'd take a scudetto with Mancini over 8 with Capello. At least I can hold my head up high and say: "We won it, we deserved it, and we were not afraid."

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi

This sentence for me is worth 13 scudetti. This is why I love this club, we'd rather starve than steal the bread.

THANK ALOT Frisko for posting this one, I have not read it anywhere else.

As for Capello's comments, a big kiss to Moratti for not hiring him and teasing him. Yes, he is a winner, but he is the worse winner you can have.

He is not a man, he does not have an ounce of bravery. Always afraid and boring, whether with Madrid, Milan or Juventus.

History surely remember winners, but it remembers BRAVE winners for much longer. Capello is a soccer destroyer, he does not know what baldness and bravery means.

For me, I'd take a scudetto with Mancini over 8 with Capello. At least I can hold my head up high and say: "We won it, we deserved it, and we were not afraid."
    If only you were a woman Hamed

So that's why Moggi and Giraudo opened those sewers they have for mouths, cause Moratti did this: to Don Fabio! Haha grande Massimo!

It surely is one of our biggest reasons to be proud of Inter, the fact that we are clean and we always have been.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Well, his team wasn´t boring when he was @ Roma, not very boring when he was @ R€al & @ Milan either.

Now @ Juve it may looks boring to some, but i´d rather play organized football than see every player running towards the ball like little kids. Still, boring or not, 1st season @ Juve = Scudetto, 2nd season = maybe another Scudetto. That´s huge accomplishment! In few years, none remember how boring you were, people just remembers the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    I think that´s just silly, but then again...everyone gets excited about different things.

Weren´t you a fan of Cúper by the way? You would´ve not been happy if we had won in 2002? I wonder how did Cúper´s tactics differ from Capello´s...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Speaking about Capello solely, I totally agree with you, Don Tommi. Winning is what matters most, defensive or offensive plays comes in later. Defensive tactics definitely can't be equated as being afraid, nor can offensive tactics be equated as being brave.

Maybe, we can even say that being defensive is being calculative & cautious and being offensive is being bravado & reckless.

Handyo

Are here any Italien speakers?

I have links from the gazzetta to the above quotes, which misses some Moggi's quote. Can someone bring in Moggi's quotes?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

TURIN, 1 DECEMBER 2005

Raffaele Guariniello (Turin Magistrate): "It's fair to find Agricola guilty as charged, but it's even more important that Giraudo is found guilty."

"At Juventus giving drugs to players was part of the club policy."

"It is a fact that a system was created at Juventus where players were given an incredible amount of drugs, over 200. It was such a clear system that it obviously went beyond a single man's will, it was the club policy."

"It is a fact that this systematic use of drugs, done with the purpose of enhancing performances, was the response to a demand for success for the club."

"It is a fact that using prohibited drugs has devastating effects on a club. Therefore this cannot be done by one person, it must be the result of consultations between the doctor and the top officials in the club. How can you believe that Agricola has done it all on his own?"

"It is a fact that starting from 9 May 1994 Giraudo is the real commander in chief at Juventus. All sectors respond to him, and any expense over 50 euros must be authorised by him."

"The use of drugs is clerly part of his responsibilities. It is certain that he was aware of the laws about performance-enhancing drugs. It is a fact that he did sign all the orders for drugs, while being perfectly aware that they were going to be given to the players."

"It is a fact that before he was in charge, the club was spending 18 millions on drugs, and after his arrival, they were spending over 100 millions."

Immoral eh? Shut the phuck up Giraudo, you belong in a phuckin cell, you and all the bianconeri pigs. You already have the damn shirt

22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Valid points Don T, and I will respond to them.

As for his stints with Madrid, why is it that he was kicked out after one year and after winning La Liga? They saw him and saw how he plays negative soccer even with a great squad. I personally never heared of a coach that gets sacked after winning the league in his first year, but it happened to him.

With Roma and Milan, he simply had exceptionally creative players. Whether it was Van Basten or Totti, he had players that turn a dull team into an exciting one. Also, Berlusconi and Sensi were on his case, and both are fans of exciting soccer.

Now that he has the real freedom of play at Juve, you are seeing the real coward Capello. It's not organized soccer, it's called scared soccer.

As for Cuper, you point is right, Cuper is as defensive as Capello. Difference is Cuper did it from necessity, he never ever had half the great squads that Capello had.

There is a difference between coaching Mallorca, Valencia and an average Inter than coaching star-studded Madrid, Milan o Juve.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

Boy I do fall asleep when watching Gobbi games.
    For some reason though, he does win alot.
    Ich bin muede.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I personally never heared of a coach that gets sacked after winning the league in his first year, but it happened to him.
    Well, I see that all the time

P.S: Overall I agree with you...

In what context did Giraudo said thos things mentioned in the 1st post here?

I must know it in order to be objective.

Sometimes understanding the context provides one with a completely different point of view.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

InterFan, it all started after the Zoro incident and the discussion about morality, Moggi actually suggested that Inter could be given a 0-3 defeat by default because of the incident.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

InterFan, it all started after the Zoro incident and the discussion about morality, Moggi actually suggested that Inter could be given a 0-3 defeat by default because of the incident.
    Insanity! Moggi is ranting his mouth just because he has never dealt with crowd trouble before for no Juventini watch their team's match (Even though it only cost a freaking Euro for some).

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Actually I was watching a show about Italian football yesterday, and they were saying that Juve will move to the Stadio Comunale in Turin for the next 2 seasons. They will share it with Torino. The capacity is around 28,000. The guy said: "Hmmm, that's still a bit too much for Juve!"
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

Actually I was watching a show about Italian football yesterday, and they were saying that Juve will move to the Stadio Comunale in Turin for the next 2 seasons. They will share it with Torino. The capacity is around 28,000. The guy said: "Hmmm, that's still a bit too much for Juve!"
    They're just living in a state of denial thinking that they can fill up the stadium, Frisk.

Fav. Player
    Oh I can't deci

Ive always wondered how Juve stay out of bankruptcy having virtually no fans in their stadiums. Look how much we lost just on those 4 CL matches behind closed doors, imagine going through seasons like that?
    TI AMO INTER

Quote Originally Posted by BFC82
    Ive always wondered how Juve stay out of bankruptcy having virtually no fans in their stadiums. Look how much we lost just on those 4 CL matches behind closed doors, imagine going through seasons like that?
    Among all the big clubs, Juve has the biggest number of fans in Italy(Inter is 2nd BTW).
    The stadium in Torino is bad(it's not an excuse, but at least it can explain it partially) and most of the Torino residents are fans of Torino, so there are too few fans in Juve's home matches.

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, Juve has an agreement with Sky(or other company, I don't remember for sure) whuch pays Juve MUCH more than what Inter and ACM get, because there are A LOT of Juve fans around Italy paying for the channel which provides Juves' home matches in cable.

Juve gets from them 235 or 285 millions Euros annually from what I remember.