Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    congrats baghdatis, I am croatia but I cant stand ljubicic, only when he is playing for croatia
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Why is that Cro??? Ljubo is our pride man!!
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

Yeah Ljubo's the man!!!

Anyway, Baghdatis in the final, he defeated Nalbandian. Looks like we have a new superstar in making!

Henin-Mauresmo women final.
    I was hoping for sexier finalists...
    1934, 1938, 1982......2006

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Syria

10 years of FIF
    is that true what im hearing yuko...

ThatBaghdatis has a lebanese mother?

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    nah his mum is Cyprian and the dad is middle easten apperently

r u talkin about that guy who won the tennis and has to play in the final now?

Greece

I know he is half-Lebanese but I do not think he can speak Arabic. He speaks fluent Greek, English(from Cyprus) and French(6 years in France in tennis school)

P.S: It's Cypriot, not Cyprian

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    oh yeah sorry
    and yeah my Cypriot mate told me that he cant really read and he left school at a young age and his brother is a maths Professer

Greece

I'm pretty sure he can read

At the age of 13 he left Cyprus to go to a French tennis school, since Cyprus has terrible facilities for single events(like tennis, swimming etc). Not that our other facilities are good but hey, we are improving there at least. His father is Lebanese, but he speaks fluent Greek, I think he's here for like 30 years So Marcos must have known some basic French. Greek is a given And English is usually learned at a very young age, like 5-6. ( i spoke English before Greek for some odd reason Have no foreigners in family ) So by saying that he can't read coz he left after 6th grade in elementary school(last grade there) is a bit too much I'm pretty sure you haven't recently learned how to read

Conte uomo di merda

Greece

The semi-final game begun on 10:30am local time. Schools were open
    Nearly every classroom had one or two radios and students were sneaking on the score
    All 4th forms(i'm in 5th) went into a hall and sat altogether to watch the game, including their teachers Some of our guys went also after hearing... Then that a-hole principle came in the room and kept shouting to them etc...

School would have ended for us at 1:40pm, but our teacher was absent so we left, and went to the radio club of the school, which is controlled by students There, in my surprise, I saw a small gathering of 7th formers who should have been in class drinking and smoking while watching the game
    So we were 20 people crowded in a small room, in front of a tiny television... The agony was too much when after a dramatic 2-2 equaliser in sets, Nalbandian was winning 4-2 in games and had the serve... Somehow, Baghdatis managed to overcome that! Then the stupid rain started and we had to wait 20 minutes for the end
    Gladly, Baghdatis won and we went home happy at 3:00 pm

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Now it's Federer's turn.

However,I think only a miracle would lead Bagdatis to victory...
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    LOL on Australian News apprently all Greek Where going oof and Celebrating and having Hammouli and Yeros mm lucky Greeks

And i can read

Fav. Player
    JZ

India's Mahesh Bhupathy and Hingis won the Mixed Doubles 2-day.

This is Hingis's 8th Australian Open title and 15th Grand Slam overall. Hope she is back in a more regular basis from now on.

Also, this is Bhupathy's 6th Mixed doubles Slam, and with 6 diff partners. Is that some sorta record ?

Greece

1-0 set for Baghdatis but Federer seems confident in this one. 3-2 for him after being 0-2....

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

Looks like Roger The Rabbit is gonna win afterall...
    But still, great performance by Baghdatis, I'm telling you guys this lad is gonna be big some day...

Greece

Is Federer gay? Why does he cry like that?

Anyway, he's one of the 5 best players in the history of the sport

P.S: Darn you helal why didn't you go for his balls?

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hingis stuns Sharapova in Tokyo

February 04, 2006 11:54 IST

Martina Hingis stunned top seed Maria Sharapova 6-3, 6-1 to reach the first final of her comeback at the Pan Pacific Open on Saturday.

The former world number one, a Tokyo winner in 1997, 1999, 2000 and 2002, outclassed defending champion Sharapova in every department to reach her seventh Pan Pacific final.

Hingis will face another Russian, either second seed Elena Dementieva or number four Anastasia Myskina, in Sunday's final.

Sharapova was just 15 when chronic ankle problems forced Hingis into early retirement in 2002, but the 18-year-old Russian had no answer to Hingis's guile and precision.

Hingis returned to the game last month, reaching the Australian Open quarter-finals and winning the mixed doubles title with India's Mahesh Bhupathi.

The 25-year-old Swiss was unranked three weeks ago but climbed to 117th after her strong run in Melbourne. Her victory over Sharapova will lift Hingis to just outside the top 50.

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

Great stuff Hingis! She's coming back!
    I'm so glad she crushed Sharapova, she's so overrated.

But she lost against Dementieva in the final...
    No matter, the important thing is that SHE'S BACK!!!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by robson ponte
    Great stuff Hingis! She's coming back!
    I'm so glad she crushed Sharapova, she's so overrated.

But she lost against Dementieva in the final...
    No matter, the important thing is that SHE'S BACK!!!
    I don't know how you can say Sharapova is overrated, she came out of nothing, she's so young and she could have been a one-tournament wonder after Wimbledon, and instead she's still up there fighting with the top players.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    lol sharapover overrated?thats a nice joke man,anyways tennis,probably its up there with soccer to me,been playing it since i was 4 and i am actually good at it hamdo lil lah but i stopped like in the end of 2004 to study,altho i played 2 weeks ago and i wasnt bad at all for someone who stopped for a year,going to start practising seriously again soon tho,like i mean seriously like training everyday and fitness,i missed playing sooo much,anyways on watching,i hate federrer but he is good,no one can deny that but the only person who i like who can beat federrer(i dont like him because he can beat frederrer tho,i have liked him before federrer came along) is marat safin,great damn player and very fun to watch also,and he is the only player who can beat federrer because he is that good,players who i liked but retired are pat rafter and yefgeni kavelnikov,great sport.