Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Group F

Yeah but there is still that bitterness from the general football followers as Catanha explained Croatia has three born and breed Australians in their team!! Hiddink knows how to face this situation. To me we only need to win one and draw another one and we should be good.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    Santigol

The thing with Croatia here is that some of the old league clubs were all ethnic clubs.
    Clubs like Sydney Croatia, Melbourne Knights, South Melbourne and so forth, and many anglos believed the problems in Australian futebol were due to these clubs, because there were a lot of problems due to these clubs, ie- riots, flares on pitches, brawls etc...and once the new league was made, these teams were not included which only increased the bitterness.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I enjoy when croatia is underrated, but just keep on doing that, and you will be suprised on WC

As realistic croatian, I never defend them cause they are mine country, I must say we are one of the best, if not best, tactical team there is. Our style is 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 and first 11 are well known,.. I'll bet on everything croatia is going thru this group, and wouldn't count out as first in group

- - - - - - OLIC - - - PRSO

- - - - - - - - KRANJCAR

BABIC - KOVAC - TUDOR - SRNA

- SIMUNIC - KOVAC - TOMAS

PLETIKOSA (or BUTINA)

here we go KOVA!
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Marti, I know you don't think highly of him, but Klasnic is a must. He may be a show-off, but the guy can score in his sleep.

Scoring in Bundesliga isn't easy, but Klasnic scores with both feet and with his head. And he is 25 now, so it's not like he is very young to play in WC.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

I think Cro didn't pick him because of his performances for the NT. His record is laughable for Crayshar.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Thats why they should pick him in the friendlies leading up to the world cup. giving him a decent run.

Taking him along to Germany, even if he doesnt play wont hurt either

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I am really not familiar with his record for the NT, but I would be surprised if it is that bad.

I can't imagine he is worse than Prso. Besides, he already plays in Germany and is familiar with the surroundings.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I recently found out that Klasnic is actually German born and bred, his parents are from Croatia!

Man, wouldn't Klinsman love to have him for Germany now? Too bad he already played for the Croatian NT. Otherwise, I am sure he'd love to play for Germany given the fact that he'd be an automatic starter.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    I recently found out that Klasnic is actually German born and bred, his parents are from Croatia!

Man, wouldn't Klinsman love to have him for Germany now? Too bad he already played for the Croatian NT. Otherwise, I am sure he'd love to play for Germany given the fact that he'd be an automatic starter.
    hmm, would Kuranyi and Klasnic really work? Anyway Baumjohan (sp) and Padolski are the player who need to be worked it for the future. Those 2 are awesome.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Right Klasnic would only be sub coz they have Klose and Kurany wich are starters and even Podolski is a starter now so ther would be no place fore Klasnic
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Klasnic will easily bench Kuranyi and Klose, he is simply better than them any day. In theory, it would be him and Podolski as starters.

I was Kuranyi's biggest supporter, but now I wouldn't mind him not being called up. He has been mediocre at best this season.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Too lazy to check but I heard this from a Sky Sports commentator during a CL highlights; isn't Klose on fire this season with 20+ goals from 20+ matches?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

klose plays fine this season..

but most kids growing up in german speaking countries don't really like to play for the country they grow up in, as they are not really treated as natives there.
    I don't think that Klasnic would have preferred germany over croatia.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Man Klasnic would have no chance against Klose this season.
    Klose is top scorer in bundesliga with 16 goals out of 16 Matches In all Competitions he has over 20 goals so thers no way Klasnic would have a place in Nt.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Today's game is an example of Klose. Against Hamburg, he could've scored at least two goals if it wasn't for his horrendous first touch.

Klose is a good goal scorer. However, he isn't the type that would typically score in a tight important game.

However, I still think Klasnic is much better than Klose because his control is good, he can score with either feet, and his heading abilities are great. He is more all-round than Klose.

Besides, the real reason behind Bremen's offensive arsenal is Johan Micoud The Frenchman is simply awesome, defense and offence. This guy is underrated, had to live in Zidane's shadow all his life.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    i cant say much for aussie in this group can i

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

I think we (Croatia) will pass this group.Brazil is the strongest,but we are better than Japan and Aussie.Japan game will be tricky but I still think Vatreni will win.Australia has very little experience in internatiol football,that is their main problem.
    Croatia will be a big surprise at the WC,cause we are very underrated.

Dakle, NAPRIJED VATRENI!!!!!!!!
    1934, 1938, 1982......2006

Fav. Player
    JZ

I am backing Australia ... lets see.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Today's game is an example of Klose. Against Hamburg, he could've scored at least two goals if it wasn't for his horrendous first touch.

Klose is a good goal scorer. However, he isn't the type that would typically score in a tight important game.
    In a layman's term, he's Germany's answer to Italy's Christian Vieri?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

LOL Han, I wanted to write than Klose can be considered Germany's Vieri to start with, but decided against it!

Germany rarely has a prolific goal scorer. But guys like Klismann, Voller and even Bierhoff had the ability to scorer clutch goals when it matters. Their midfielders score alot, and the strikers don't necessirly lead the charts in goals.

This current team lacks a striker like that, but maybe someone new will be born.