Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official: Victor Obinna joins Inter (in January)

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF

Official: Victor Obinna joins Inter (in January)

MORATTI: "COMPLIMENTS TO MANCINI & THE TEAM"
    Thursday, 22 December 2005 17:00:38
    MILAN - (ANSA) - There has never been any kind of interest in Ronaldo, and once again today Massimo Moratti excluded an eventual return of the Brazilian to Inter. In January, however, another striker will come and he is the Nigerian player Obinna, currently at Chievo. "We already have an agreement and we have concluded all negotiations with Chievo to have him here," Moratti declared.

(inter.it)

So thats it then. Already dreaming of ObaOba and Obinna doing somersaults together.
    Last edited by alvaro; 22 Dec 05 at 19:29.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Jimmy
    Whenever there's something like this, please put the source down. I was ready to delete the topic, as I didn't think it was from Inter.it

Number 15 is avaliable too, so welcome Obinna!

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Welcome Obinna,i am happy to have him here,its a great chance for the kid with adriano out for a bit and martins in egypt,he will be the third striker after recoba and cruz,hope he makes the best of it,welcome obinna.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I don't know. Hmm...

We do need Italians next year. That is true.

But Obinna? Isn't he unproven? I just don't know, I need a professional opinion before I can judge this.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Welcome Obinna!!!!
    So does he not go to the african cup?????
    But anyway i m glad he s here coz now i know we won t sign Cassano and i m very happy about that.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

As with any player (unless named Ronaldo) I welcome Obinna to the club.

I've got no feelings towards this transfer because I haven't seen him play enough...

BENVENUTO OBINNA

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadr.../moratti.shtml

about Obinna please tell me why we need him, cause I can't see any reason at all. we have 4 strikers who are more then cable of doing the job and if we need a 5 striker it should be another type then Obinna that in my opinion looks way to much like Martins, and I'm against having to similar striker in my squad, if I had to choose I would have picked a Cassano type of player or a goal scoring type. besides he might leave as well as Martins. And that would make this deal even more stupid. Personally as I have expressed earlier I want Italians or at least Europeans not one more from outside the EU borders. of that simple reason that we have more then enough of those already, for crying out laud we only have like 6 Europeans in our entire team.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Saviours
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadr.../moratti.shtml

about Obinna please tell me why we need him, cause I can't see any reason at all. we have 4 strikers who are more then cable of doing the job and if we need a 5 striker it should be another type then Obinna that in my opinion looks way to much like Martins, and I'm against having to similar striker in my squad, if I had to choose I would have picked a Cassano type of player or a goal scoring type. besides he might leave as well as Martins. And that would make this deal even more stupid. Personally as I have expressed earlier I want Italians or at least Europeans not one more from outside the EU borders. of that simple reason that we have more then enough of those already, for crying out laud we only have like 6 Europeans in our entire team.
    Best post since the creation of the new Forza Inter forums!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Jimmy
    I sorta disagree that Martins and Obinna are similar. I'm in no means an expert on Obinna, as I've only seen him play a few times. What I've seen from him, is that he's a very technical striker (unlike Martins), who can do all sorts of things with the ball. His playing style reminds me more about Kallon, who searched for the flanks. Considering our tactic to play strikers out wide, Obinna will be the first striker who's actually capable of being effective in that tactic.

He's also quite good with both feets, even though he is right footed (unlike Martins). He's not a big goal-scorer though, and seems to vanish sometimes during matches. But this is what I've seen with a team like Chievo, who don't have the ball as much as Inter.

I'm just pleased we finally brought a player we already owned, instead of buying a new striker as we normally do, and then the loaned out player is redundant when he returns in the summer.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Fachetti and moratti knows much better then we do about non-eu rules, so if they sign non-eu player they surely know why are they doing that
    I didn't see a lot of obinna but from what I saw I can say he is Oba Oba type a striker, BUT not that fast and strong, but again, victor has better first touch and technique
    And he is perfect cause he won't cause problems and will allways give his best when he plays
    Welcome obinna again, I trust in you no.15!
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I sorta disagree that Martins and Obinna are similar. I'm in no means an expert on Obinna, as I've only seen him play a few times. What I've seen from him, is that he's a very technical striker (unlike Martins), who can do all sorts of things with the ball. His playing style reminds me more about Kallon, who searched for the flanks. Considering our tactic to play strikers out wide, Obinna will be the first striker who's actually capable of being effective in that tactic.

He's also quite good with both feets, even though he is right footed (unlike Martins). He's not a big goal-scorer though, and seems to vanish sometimes during matches. But this is what I've seen with a team like Chievo, who don't have the ball as much as Inter.

I'm just pleased we finally brought a player we already owned, instead of buying a new striker as we normally do, and then the loaned out player is redundant when he returns in the summer.
    I didn't say he was a copy of Martins, I said he was too similar not entirely the same I admit I haven't seen him that much not that surprisingly since Chievo isn't the team the TV stations like to show but your right that he is better technically then Martins. but that dos not change that we would have a huge problem when Adriano is unavailable, since we would be without any goal scoring type. With all due respect Cruz isn't, he is hardly any good as a starter but is only good as a super sub.

the only good thing about it is that we already owned him. and didn't have to splash out a huge amount of money.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

i think we needed him,and yes geting back a striker we own is better than buying a new one who will just complicate things for cruz and recoba who both deserve their chances,also martins and adriano will be out for like 2 months,so we do need obbina and cruz and recoba will start and obbina and momente will be our 3rd and 4th strikers until adriano and martins come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled
    i think we needed him,and yes geting back a striker we own is better than buying a new one who will just complicate things for cruz and recoba who both deserve their chances,also martins and adriano will be out for like 2 months,so we do need obbina and cruz and recoba will start and obbina and momente will be our 3rd and 4th strikers until adriano and martins come back.
    what Martins will only be out for one month or so, and Adriano is okay and will not be sidelined for the next match unless something unexpected happens.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    adriano will be ready don't worry
    and there is nothing wrong with recoba-oba or obinna-oba duo
    martins is a striker who needs help from behind so there isn't any big problem...he is fast,strong, both legs, can jump...he just wasn't in form so some of you underrated oba, but don't do that again, have some faith in super oba, and super sub cruz
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I'm very happy about this, a smart choice and a very interesting player who has impressed me in the 3/4 occasions I've seen him this year, especially his strenght and good touches.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Jimmy, where did you read that the transfer is a loan deal only?

I personally think that this is a very good deal. First of all, Obinna's wage is a little and I'm sure that he totally doesn't mind the prospect of being a 5th striker when Martins returns. We need to understand that it is highly unlikely that 3 strikers is enough if we are to challange for the Scudetto during hectic January.

I wouldn't mind Matteo Momente, to be honest, but I guess Obinna was chosen because he has already played in Serie A a few times.

Handyo

Jimmy
    Where have I said it's a loan deal?

I really wanted Cassano so I am a little dissapointed. But hopefully he can be an important acquisition for us.
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Where have I said it's a loan deal?

You said "owned", which I somehow managed to read as "loaned".

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Obina setup tribochi for the winner of chievo vs milan. Whenever I have seen him he has impressed me. He has good ball controll and is a bit better technically than oba. It was a good move by Inter.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com