Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Victor Obinna

Season--Club----------Ctry
    2003 Plateau United----NIG
    2004 Kwara United-----NIG
    2005 Enyimba----------NIG
    2005-06 Chievo Verona ITA

2003: Made his debut in the Nigerian Premier League as he starred for division one side Plateau United.

2004: Left Plateau United after spending a year with the club, and then joined another Nigerian Premier League outfit Kwara United.

2005: Was acquired by African champions Enyimba during the start of the season, but went on trials in Europe with Inter Milan, Perugia and Juventus. Later signed with Brazilian club Internacional Porto Alegre, but the transfer didn't go through due to clearance problems by Enyimba. Eventually rejoined Enyimba to take part in their domestic League and CAF Champions League campaign.

2005-06: Went on trials with Italian club Chievo Verona alongside Matthew Olorunleke in the Summer and impressed a lot during pre-season, which led him to sign a three year contract. Scored a great goal in his first start of the season against Sampdoria, as he got the game winner with a cracking shot after beating three defenders, and then celebrated with a string of backflip somersaults.

NIGERIA HIGHLIGHTS

2005: Was a member of Nigeria's glorious Flying squad, which took part in the African Youth championship in Benin and won the event. Got a dramatic equalizing goal in the semi-final against Morocco to take the game into a penalty shootout. Missed out on participating in the FIFA World Youth Championship in Holland, as he was dropped from the final squad.

PERSONAL

His full name is Victor Obinna Nsofor.

Week 16 Spotlight: Victor Victorious - Monday 19 December, 2005

Player of the Week: Obinna (Chievo)

Victor Obinna scored his third goal of the season for Chievo against Udinese on Sunday to highlight why Inter are eager to acquire his services when the transfer window opens next month.

Although Obinnaís goal came from the penalty spot, the fact that the striker took the responsibility himself is a testament to the influence this 18-year-old already has on the Verona-based side.

The Nigerian was a complete unknown when he joined in the summer from African champions Enyimba on a three-year contract, although he had already attracted the attention of Inter, for whom he had trials for earlier in the year.

Indeed, the Nerazzurri helped the Flying Donkeys pay for their new acquisition in return for part ownership of his registration and this was clearly a shrewd move on their part, given that the Nerazzurri have since admitted their desire to sign the emerging star to cover for the absence of Obafemi Martins - who leaves for the African Nations Cup next month.

Unfortunately for Inter, though, such has been Obinnaís meteoric rise that he, too, has been selected for the Nigeria squad and may also be absent on international duty.

Now Obinna is at something of a crossroads in his fledgling career. Does he leave to play for his country, does he make a dream move to Inter or does he stay at Chievo where he will get regular football and continue his footballing education?

Obinna has already become a crowd favourite in Verona and, like his potential Nigeria and Inter teammate, celebrates his goals by throwing himself into a series of back-flips and spectacular somersaults.

However, the teenage sensation is keeping his feet firmly on the ground: "Iím very happy with how my season is going, this is a great moment for me and I hope it continues for as long as possible," said Obinna recently.

"My impact with this level of the game has been made easy though thanks to the support of my teammates, who I get on well with," added the young striker. "I also must thank the Coach who continues to give me a lot of advice in training and during games."

Obinna can rest assured that Coach Beppe Pillon will be advising his charge to stay put for the time being, both for his own and his clubís benefit. "I hope Victor Obinna will stay with us for the entire season," said Pillon after the win over Udinese. "I donít believe heís ready for a January move to Inter, as heís still very young."

Only time will tell, but whichever direction Obinna does decide to take, it is sure that he is destined for great things.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Hopefully the signing of Obinna spells the end of any possible striker problems well into the future. If we can get a turnout out of this guy ala Martins then our attack line will be one of the strongest ones in the world for many, many, many years to come.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    What da hells going on When did obina say hes coming to inter iv never heard about this?? But it will be a good singing!

Cheers
    Marcello

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Well, we have our young, backup striker. Let's hope he's a player in the mould of Martins.

Welcome to Inter, Victor!

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Wow,that was fast..moratti already confirmed he is coming to Inter..So our search for 5th striker is over..Welcome to Inter Victor Obinna..
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    JZ

A great addition ...

Estonia

10 years of FIF
    I wanted an Italian, but okay then. Obinna seems to be very good. I've got a strange feeling that he's gonna be better than Martins by much. I've heard loads of good things about him. Welcome to Inter!
    Check my Downfall parody of Inter transfer summer 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoSfx-3x8Q

My review of current Inter: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...703#post862703

My new website: http://footballsnewtalent.wordpress.com/

Fav. Player
    JZ

Well physically Obinna is taller than Oba, so his heading shud be better.

Any videos of this guy anyone?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I look forward to seeing him in the new year. We have our very own Nigerian duo now.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by 1919
    Well physically Obinna is taller than Oba, so his heading shud be better.
    Well, yeah he should be. But I dont think he is. Havent seen him head a goal this season. Plus he is only slightly taller than Martins
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Adriano and Cam

Nice presentation Frisko.
    I hope that he will succed at Inter.

When he was born?
    I've found on Chievo site that he was born on: 25/03/1987
    Is this true, because i've also heared that he's 19 year's old, so he must be born in 1986...
    My Ambitions Az A Ridah...
    - Only GOD can judge me -
    ADRIANO nostro IMPERATORE!

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    thanks for that video Shaun looks like he has some talent hopefully he will score every game for inter

Cheers
    Marcello

Fav. Player
    JZ

It will be great to see Obinna and Oba celebrate together with twin somersaults !!!
    Cant wait for that too happen !!!

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    haha twin sumersaults hah mad hopefully they will make a good combo!

Cheers
    Marcello

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

When did we sign him?
    There is nothing about him on Inter.it. .Is he coming in january?
    1934, 1938, 1982......2006

First post to new forum. Trying to be around more, I promise. Welcome Victor Obinna!

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by robson ponte
    When did we sign him?
    There is nothing about him on Inter.it. .Is he coming in january?
    Well Moratti said it ... thatz as official it can get. But we will have 2 wait till Jan for the registration from the Lega Calcio office b4 we can "announce" it

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Yeah and Moratti wouldnt say that and inter.it dont make up stuff so it must be offical OBINNA is A INTER!

Cheers
    Marcello