Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Helveg

Thomas Helveg

Dear Interistis, why does Zac keep insisting on playing our Experienced full back, Thomas Helveg? There's no doubt that he can play football and his defending must be good (that explains why he's been at two top Milan clubs). But judging from posts here at Forza-Inter, there seems to be a unified hatred of Thomas Helveg from majority of us.

Surely he isn't as bad as some had suggested.I think that we've been blinded by the work of Il Capitano that anyone who tries to emulate his place will be unjustifically ridiculed. I think Helveg is a good player but it's just that Zac relies on him too much. He is seen as Zac's pet boy but I think Zac knows quality when he sees it. Its no denying that Helveg sucks but most of the time he's done the job an what is expecetd of him. I'd go for Helveg over Caf anytime....

P.S Where's Mikitty?Miss u dude....
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    You have gotta be kidding. Playing with Helveg is like playing 10 vs 12.

Simply put it that Helveg is more a liability than an asset to Inter. Did you see the infamous William Hung's audition for American Idol??? I'm gonna copy Simon and say: He can't pass, he can't defend, he can't dribble, he's slow as hell, he can't cross; what do you want me to say???

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

he'll say 'I don't have professional training of football'..

ha ha ha just kidding...

IMO, he's pretty decent as a backup.., but our coach here, play him too often, sometimes.. Il capitano has to play on the left which suffers his form.. Zac has chosen Helveg above Pasquale and many other younger or better player...

there's a sense of favouritism....,

people don't really hate helveg, zac makes people hate helveg..

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by cool_emre
    he'll say 'I don't have professional training of football'..

Good one Yopi!!!

IMO, he's pretty decent as a backup.., but our coach here, play him too often, sometimes.. Il capitano has to play on the left which suffers his form.. Zac has chosen Helveg above Pasquale and many other younger or better player...
    Zai, there's the answer to your question. But I disagree with Yopi that Helveg is a decent backup. Helveg just plain sux. Seriously, Helveg will be a decent back-up if he's played as a full-back in a 4-men-defence but he just plain sux in a wide role in a 5-men-midfield with only 3-men-defence behind him because he's slow and he can't generate any attack.

people don't really hate helveg, zac makes people hate helveg..
    Hmmm.

Zac makes me hate Zac & Helveg.

Helveg makes me hate Helveg & Zac.

Handyo

But, honestly man, this handsome dude called Helveg is a good player.Well not as good as Capitano, but if he was total crap, he wont be here....

And William Hung is my Inspiration..
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I dont think its fair to hate Helveg because he is played alot..Hate him because he sux and doesnt seem to put the effort sometimes.Helveg isnt worldclass and isnt the kind of player u play almost every game(especially when u have better alternatives) and he is also not the kind of player that u shift important players in ur team(JZ) to accomodate.I really hope he leaves so that he makes way for more important players to show their real worth
    Ziyad Of Boston

But Helveg's so versatile.He can play anywhere, IMO, if he puts in the effort, in the back four and across midfield..
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,

Indonesia

Helveg is versatile??? Yeah right!!! According to Zac. Just because Zac plays suicide by playing Helveg as a central defender against Milan doesn't mean that Helveg can play there. Zac's persistent to use Helveg in any position makes Helveg look versatile. Whereas, the truth is that Helveg just sux in every position!!! IMO, Helveg's position is only as a full-back on a 4-men-defence. He looked solid when he was used there as a back-up by Cuper in the beginning of the season.

But other than there, Helveg should never feature in our team!!!

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Quote Originally Posted by recoba87
    But Helveg's so versatile.He can play anywhere, IMO, if he puts in the effort, in the back four and across midfield..
    the day he's put in adriano's place... , that'll be the day

Adriano-Helveg won't be as bad as Bobo-Adriano partnership right?
    Haha...it's funny that two of our best strikers cant work together..(sigh)..
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Moratti should just get rid of Helveg and have Nossa brought up to the full team. Helveg isn't getting any younger or better and he may have done well once or twice but there is no way that he should be a starter and he isn't really good bench material so why not just let him go?

LOL i mean what is there to say about thomas helveg? He must give Zac very good head to be in the starting line-up all the time.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Things must be bad when Helveg gets a thread all to himself.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Maybe he should be the backup GK next seaon

i think he will make a good GK.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Helveg Completes Borussia Move
    7/6/2005 10:09:00 PM
    Danish international full-back Thomas Helveg has completed his move from Norwich City to Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Helveg, 34, has signed a two-year deal with the former German champions in a transfer that nets Norwich 200,000. Gladbach director of sport Peter Pander said: "Thomas Helveg is a man with much international experience which is applicable in the defensive area in different positions. He will help us with our defence and it makes us happy that he decided to join Borussia."

For his part, Helveg said:"It was my desire to sign for Monchengladbach in the Bundesliga and I am very glad that it has happened. Everything is super, the people are nice here and the first impressions are very good. My advisor and Morten Olsen advised me to accept the offer of Borussia. So far no Dane in Monchengladbach has disappointed, and I hope to carry on that tradition. I feel I can help the team, above all the young players because of my experience. I have not thought about retirement, quite the opposite. I have two years on my contract here and then we will see."

The only thing funnier than the dedication of a whole topic to Zac's lapdog is Helveg's amazing performance (no, seriously, he completed awesome runs against the Italian NT) at Euro 2004. I'm also amazed that Helveg looks faintly like Brad Pitt!

-Jesse
    Vinceremo Insieme

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Great player back in his day, apart of the great Danish team.
    Wonderful full back, I remember he used to be a pretty handy defensive midfielder too.
    Unfortunately his day was long gone, and he didn't realise it.

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Germany

I was wondering about this guy the other day. Is it true we owned him and loaned him to Bilan? Isn't this insane? Has this happened with other players? Being loaned across the San Siro?!
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

Fav. Player
    22, 25, 10

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    I was wondering about this guy the other day. Is it true we owned him and loaned him to Bilan? Isn't this insane? Has this happened with other players? Being loaned across the San Siro?!
    Yes it happened: A. Mancini in 2nd half of 2009/2010.

But as far as I know, Helveg was owned by BBilan before he joined us by a swap.
    "I don't like intellectual prostitution. I like intellectual honesty."

Jose Mourinho

20. Thanks (1): Jerry

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Man those deals.
    Spoiler: text