Page 331 of 332 FirstFirst ... 231281321328329330331332 LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 6630

Thread: Movies

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    This Joker 20 years later would be either dead or physically not even a match for Scarecrow, let alone Bats.

Dudes, it's an okay movie, it's just so overhyped that it's funny to see how suddenly everybody loves a slowburn movie.
    He has never been a match. Batman usually one punches Scarecrow or Joker when he finally gets to them

Dude Batman has 1 punch Ko’d Green lantern. His ultimate super power is plot armor

He has also single handily beaten the whole Justice league by himself
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

10 years of FIF
    Anyway I don't really see it as a big issue anyway. The movie is a character piece, an elseworld story. Showing how Arthur could possibly beat Batman one day was clearly not a focus of the movie.

3. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I havent seen it yet but truth of the matter is that people go crazy when its a "superhero" movie with like a grounded character or like academy award acting. Like Jouaqin will act crazy in any movie, just adding the DC element and character to it makes it more sellable, but people who have watched classic movies wont jump on the hype train.

Movies like Taxi Driver, Fight Club, Panic Room which have that dark psycho drama thriller element to it are my fav so i am sure i will like it though. I said that before though, i fucking hate clowns and whoever started the idea of them into existence should rot in eternal hell.

5. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Everything or nothing happens

It’s a build your own movie because the narrative can’t be trusted unless what they show you is obviously fake

The reviews giving it perfect scores made me watch it. It was exactly what I thought it would be

The acting was great. I don’t get why people are so uncomfortable with this movie. He kills 4-6 people and that’s all that die in a 2 hour movie. In black panther the villain basically we are the greatest country in the world with the best weapons let’s start a race war and become nazis!! I think that’s a bit worst.

I loved taxi driver this isn’t taxi driver. He says a few awesome lines like at the end of the movie. But for the most part it was boring and tried too hard to be relevant.

It was a bad taxi driver remake that wasn’t going to make money so they did reshoots you call the clown Joker and to add 2-4 scenes with the Wayne’s.
    My girlfriend came out saying it made her uncomfortable because the joker was obviously the bad guy, yet she o felt so bad for him, which is what the movie done perfectly.

Personally I thought it was brilliant. I've no idea how you're saying it needed batman to make money, not one person I've spoke to has mentioned seeing it because of batman.

People saying the stories don't fit and time lines, I get that yeah but it's a stand alone film, it doesn't have to. Also, he's a killer clown, how easy can that be for a copycat. This joker was just insane, who's to say one doesn't follow after who is insane and also incredibly smart and calculated.
    My advice would be treat it as it is, a stand alone film and don't be pedantic. I'd give it 8.5/10

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    It wouldn’t have gotten the hype and people wouldn’t have gone to see it if it wasn’t linked to Batman

If this movie was called a Arthur it would have made 0 money.

Fav. Player
    L.Matthäus

Turkey

El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie is boring AF. It isn't worth watching in a cinema. I'm telling you fellas don't waste your time and money.
    Conan! What is best in life?

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

10. Thanks (1): K.I.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Its on Netflix, why would anyone watch it in the cinema? also its really a drama in the vein of breaking bad, its a Tv movie which is different to regular movies, if you are not into the show off-course it will be boring.

It wouldn’t have gotten the hype and people wouldn’t have gone to see it if it wasn’t linked to Batman

Marketing 101

EDIT

Seems like Netflix and AMC did indeed do a limited theatrical release. Weird
    Last edited by K.I.; 12 Oct 19 at 21:10.

Fav. Player
    L.Matthäus

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Its on Netflix, why would anyone watch it in the cinema? also its really a drama in the vein of breaking bad, its a Tv movie which is different to regular movies, if you are not into the show off-course it will be boring.

Marketing 101
    Sorry my mistake. I didn't know that.

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

13. Thanks (1): K.I.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

El Camino was enjoyable, but i think you have to rewatch Breaking Bad to appreciate the subtle stuff. Only thing to ever rival The Wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Barbarian View Post
    Sorry my mistake. I didn't know that.
    Why did you see it in the first place? or did u think it was just a random film?

Fav. Player
    L.Matthäus

Turkey

I watched it on the internet but I didn't realize the movie was on Netflix at the moment. In my country we have numerous illegal streaming services for watching tv shows and films. I don't pay for Netflix. Here in Turkey only fools do that LOL

17. Thanks (1): K.I.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

Disagree here. I think it would have been considered a master piece by everyone in that case as a standalone film. The only thing adjusted should have been the ending as to avoid a cue for a sequel, probably with some suicidal (direct or indirect) attempt.

The DC fanboys and those who wanted some Batman action are those who got disappointed the most.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Joker 7/10

Spoiler: r 

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Disagree here. I think it would have been considered a master piece by everyone in that case as a standalone film. The only thing adjusted should have been the ending as to avoid a cue for a sequel, probably with some suicidal (direct or indirect) attempt.

The DC fanboys and those who wanted some Batman action are those who got disappointed the most.
    Would any of you gone to see it if it wasn’t called joker? Did any of you see “Her”?

Also they cast Jason Mamo(aquamanz) daughter as Catwoman. She isn’t cute

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Would any of you gone to see it if it wasn’t called joker? Did any of you see “Her”?

Step daughter? Lenny Kravitz is her dad?

23. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

Well, I agree that the hype made the movie more accessible, but people flock to watch films that are dubbed as potential Oscar winners or have stars that could win them.

Would people watch Gemini Man if it wasn't for Will Smith?

As for Joker, it felt like an excellent origin story. Not sure where DC is going with this film making but I'd love to see them succeed because it's good for cinema. Like Marvel for example. They created a great saga out of only a handful of proper heroes and a bunch of obscure ones.

I'd love to see origin story films for Ras Al Gul, Darkseid and Sinestro.
    A standalone Lex Luthor film or even trilogy could also be great.
    Plus some films that include Flash, Poison Ivy, Penguin and of course Riddle.

And Vandal Savage deserves his own film after the DC tv show didn't do him any justice.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I thought it was great, Phoenix made me nervous in just about every scene. Walked, talked and looked like a psycho. Only shit thing was Joe Nobody killing Wayne.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

So Jason Mamoa became a father at 10 years old?
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    So Jason Mamoa became a father at 10 years old?
    He's her stepfather, apparently.

You know who I'd think would be purrfect for that catwoman cast - Rihanna.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Ana de Armas auditioned for Catwoman...