Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 397986878889
Results 1,761 to 1,763 of 1763

Thread: NFL (American Football)

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    I think my biggest disagreement with you Sawyer is the quality of these Packers teams you're referencing. Earlier in his career when he had Nelson, Jennings, and James Jones, he had a supporting cast that was worthy of him (sans a run game), and he won a Super Bowl. These days Rodgers is throwing the ball to Adams and a bunch of nobodies. The Pack are probably going to let Aaron Jones walk in free agency, and rather than draft a real #2 receiver last year they took a QB.

They had a general manager in Ted Thompson who refused to sign free agents. They never gave him the supporting cast he needed, despite him elevating the play of those around him. Also, the Packers have NEVER had an elite defense. Occasionally good, at best. Their team defensive rankings are usually in the 20s.

Compare this to the supporting cast Mahomes, Brees, Brady, and even Cousins have had to work with these past few years.

2. Thanks (2): MVD, Sawyer

Fav. Player
    Barella Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    That's totally fair, I respect that. I am not trying to dispute anything Cousins wise, all I literally was saying was Rodges is a play off bottler, 10 seasons or so you know? The very few people I know and discuss NFL with bought it to my attention, I never actually really thought about it before until my Lions mate bought it to me (same division I know, but he's not the only one).

Cousins has had a great team around him, however it was a new team to him, new style, new coaches, new players, the D might have been phenomenal but it was ageing, the kicker was a massive problem too. If you think Washington have a better squad than Green Bay I'd have to disagree but I am not like a "stat man" or w/e I can't pull out 72 man rosters and compare etc, so I apologise for that bud I'd love to have a better discussion point. As a Vikes fan though, I can tell you we've not had the best overall team, we've had no D since 2018, No corners (literally playing rookies) since 2019 (the season the 2 best corners we had disappeared) and our Offence is defined by Cook/Thielen with the bright spark of Jefferson, another rookie.

But hey, thats the beauty of sports, not everyone will agree I just wish it was down the pub for banter and beer, I miss those days sooooo badly.
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Well, that's nice.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I think my biggest disagreement with you Sawyer is the quality of these Packers teams you're referencing. Earlier in his career when he had Nelson, Jennings, and James Jones, he had a supporting cast that was worthy of him (sans a run game), and he won a Super Bowl. These days Rodgers is throwing the ball to Adams and a bunch of nobodies. The Pack are probably going to let Aaron Jones walk in free agency, and rather than draft a real #2 receiver last year they took a QB.

They had a general manager in Ted Thompson who refused to sign free agents. They never gave him the supporting cast he needed, despite him elevating the play of those around him. Also, the Packers have NEVER had an elite defense. Occasionally good, at best. Their team defensive rankings are usually in the 20s.

Compare this to the supporting cast Mahomes, Brees, Brady, and even Cousins have had to work with these past few years.
    They had their window in the early 2010s. It's rather amazing they didn't win more, but that goes same for the Saints after 2009. They blew lots of opportunities that weren't in the QB's control.

That being said, the Packers failed on chances vs the Bucs. 3 interceptions and you still blow it with Kevin King? Ouch. Better to be a one time champion than zero. That 2010 team wasn't luck, more underrated is Charles Woodson switching to safety in the back end of his career. Traemon Williams was also clutch.