-Capitano-Matrix-Canna-Cordoba-
    ------------Cristiano----------
    ---------Deki------Emre--------
    -------------Veron-------------
    ---------Vieri--Adriano--------

Well, what do you think?

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I would include VDM to the list i am not giving up on him just yet...
    Ziyad Of Boston

10 years of FIF
    Hello there

Only way we can talk about our squad for next season is by speculating about transfers in and out, so this topic is bound to be -not about news and rumours- but about our hopes for the coming season. And that's what I'm going to do.

About your line-up oba. My concern about that is the lack of versatility in our attack. Atleast on the paper. Deki, Emre, Veron, Adriano and Vieri are ALL primarly central players, Deki is maybe exception as I believe he could give alot in the left flank. Nowadays the tactic I would like to see inter play is 4-2-3-1. We have two of the most skillful flanked forwards in VDM and El Chino, both are out of their element in pure 4-4-2. Centre forward would ofcourse be Adriano, and attacking midfielder Stankovic. In the midfield I would like to see two players that have good defensive qualities, in our current squad this would mean C. Zanetti and Almeyda. I really do know that you would like Emre in the place of Almeyda, but I believe Emre does'nt read the game well enough to be placed here, his physical strenght and positioning are not good enough. Now that our wingers does'nt have that much defensive duties, our midfield pair must be hard and reliable. Deportivo is good example how to play with this tactic. Mauro Silva and Sergio gives safety to the squad, even so, that fullbacks, usually Romero and Manuel Pablo can do their forward runs, and trio Luque, Valeron and Victor can do the things they are best in.

So, with our current squad it would look like this:

---------------Adriano-------------
    Recoba------Stankovic-------VDM
    -------------------------------------
    ---------Almeyda--CZanetti------
    Cordoba--Matrix--Canna--JZanetti
    -----------------Toldo----------------

I think, I'll receive some angry replies for not using Emre in this hypothetical line-up. But he is one of my favourite players in the world football, so this is just a tactical decision based on my quite slim understanding of tactics. These are just opinions, ofcourse you can say what you think but I would not like to argue about these things. Like Jeff Lebowski, AKA the Dude said: "That's just like your opinion, man".

This is the way I would like to see inter play next season with current squad. Against Parma we already played with 4-2-3-1, so I think it's possible that Zaccheroni really likes this formation. Like I have said before, it's useless to talk about who we should buy, if we don't even know who will be our coach next season. We will just buy crop of good players and hope our new coach will win scudetto? Problem is, that Moratti is still as much of a president as Facchetti is, and Facchetti would like to keep Zac but Moratti would propably sac him. So we will have to wait, in my opinion it would be better just keep Zac, unless we get the man we want before EURO 2004.

People in the forum are so excited about prospect of Mancini coaching inter next season. I don't know. For me it's not that obvious he would be any good. He have been a coach in the top level for just two seasons. His merits? Nothing special in fact, 4th and 6th in the league with solid group of players, plus the cup. Zaccheroni propably would have been just as good in Lazio in these two years. I really really don't blame anybody, I don't have the right to do that, but sometimes I feel fans does'nt think with their own brains, if public opinion is that Mancini is great coach, that's the opinion they'll get. Ofcourse everything we hear from eachother and what we read from newspapers always affects us in some way, we should always try take a minute to think what they are saying. Objectivity is the one thing we will never completely get, but we should atleast try.

I'll say it again. I'm not saying he is not good. For me he just is'nt that obvious choice.

I again forgot that I was supposed to talk about football, not about brainwashing press . Maybe it's better for me to go and drink few beers and read some philosophy. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Laters

You made at good tactic but EMRE always got to play no matter where..
    This would be much better...!!!
    I really think Emre can do a good job there and everywhere
    and Cordoba on the left flank...i don't think soo

---------------Adriano------------
    ---------*Emre*--CZanetti------
    Dede/Coco-Matrix/Cordoba-Canna-JZanetti
    -----------------Toldo-------------
    and i don't think we need Veron...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow
    Hello there

Only way we can talk about our squad for next season is by speculating about transfers in and out, so this topic is bound to be -not about news and rumours- but about our hopes for the coming season. And that's what I'm going to do.

About your line-up oba. My concern about that is the lack of versatility in our attack. Atleast on the paper. Deki, Emre, Veron, Adriano and Vieri are ALL primarly central players, Deki is maybe exception as I believe he could give alot in the left flank. Nowadays the tactic I would like to see inter play is 4-2-3-1. We have two of the most skillful flanked forwards in VDM and El Chino, both are out of their element in pure 4-4-2. Centre forward would ofcourse be Adriano, and attacking midfielder Stankovic. In the midfield I would like to see two players that have good defensive qualities, in our current squad this would mean C. Zanetti and Almeyda. I really do know that you would like Emre in the place of Almeyda, but I believe Emre does'nt read the game well enough to be placed here, his physical strenght and positioning are not good enough. Now that our wingers does'nt have that much defensive duties, our midfield pair must be hard and reliable. Deportivo is good example how to play with this tactic. Mauro Silva and Sergio gives safety to the squad, even so, that fullbacks, usually Romero and Manuel Pablo can do their forward runs, and trio Luque, Valeron and Victor can do the things they are best in.

So, with our current squad it would look like this:

---------------Adriano-------------
    ---------Almeyda--CZanetti------
    Cordoba--Matrix--Canna--JZanetti
    -----------------Toldo----------------

I think, I'll receive some angry replies for not using Emre in this hypothetical line-up. But he is one of my favourite players in the world football, so this is just a tactical decision based on my quite slim understanding of tactics. These are just opinions, ofcourse you can say what you think but I would not like to argue about these things. Like Jeff Lebowski, AKA the Dude said: "That's just like your opinion, man".

This is the way I would like to see inter play next season with current squad. Against Parma we already played with 4-2-3-1, so I think it's possible that Zaccheroni really likes this formation. Like I have said before, it's useless to talk about who we should buy, if we don't even know who will be our coach next season. We will just buy crop of good players and hope our new coach will win scudetto? Problem is, that Moratti is still as much of a president as Facchetti is, and Facchetti would like to keep Zac but Moratti would propably sac him. So we will have to wait, in my opinion it would be better just keep Zac, unless we get the man we want before EURO 2004.

People in the forum are so excited about prospect of Mancini coaching inter next season. I don't know. For me it's not that obvious he would be any good. He have been a coach in the top level for just two seasons. His merits? Nothing special in fact, 4th and 6th in the league with solid group of players, plus the cup. Zaccheroni propably would have been just as good in Lazio in these two years. I really really don't blame anybody, I don't have the right to do that, but sometimes I feel fans does'nt think with their own brains, if public opinion is that Mancini is great coach, that's the opinion they'll get. Ofcourse everything we hear from eachother and what we read from newspapers always affects us in some way, we should always try take a minute to think what they are saying. Objectivity is the one thing we will never completely get, but we should atleast try.

I'll say it again. I'm not saying he is not good. For me he just is'nt that obvious choice.

I again forgot that I was supposed to talk about football, not about brainwashing press . Maybe it's better for me to go and drink few beers and read some philosophy. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Laters
    Well man, 1st of all welcome on board.
    Second, i think i stated before this lineup, i dont know here or to my friends, but i completely agree with this formation and "players". But first of all lets see the transfers and how will they go.

And about emre, i admire him so much but no way his defensive capabilities would even come near Almeyda..
    The problem with almeyda is his injuries, but thats the case too wiht emre... i think if almeyda wants to be serious and play then certainly he would be my pick over both c. zanetti and emre.. the performance of the latter 2 is just pathetic this year...
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

About Almeyda, I think it`s certain that he`ll leave:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...204589&cpid=21

Fav. Player
    Oba

Well good luck to Almeyda wherever he ends up.

Tribute to Almeyda. Altought negative things happened this season I have only positive things in my mind about him..

Quote Originally Posted by oba
    Tribute to Almeyda. Altought negative things happened this season I have only positive things in my mind about him..
    i really hope he will leave...i have never seen him play a good match..!!! he SUCKS

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Well, I can't remember too many good match from Almeyda. But I think Farinos has been better than Almeyda this season. Almeyda's antics against Lazio in the Stadio Olimpico at our last match of 2003 was truly disgusting. But the Almeyda of 29 November 2003 was absolutely superb!!!

After all is said and done, I want him out of Inter. I wanna see Beati or Biava, damnit Zac!!!

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Beati is riding the loanee train so I doubt he is coming back anytime soon and Zac doesn't really use Primavera players so I don't really see Biava playing that much either.

Though I also wouldn't mind Almeyda leaving and Cambiasso coming instead. Not really an upgrade though Cambiasso has more potential then Almeyda and he is younger so why not...

This is super duper great for Inter!! Almeyda out, Davids/Cambiasso/Veron in!!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Bahrain

There is lot of talk about DM but not a whole lot on a young defender we need to get our eyes on one and get him
    Ziyad Of Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    There is lot of talk about DM but not a whole lot on a young defender we need to get our eyes on one and get him
    Who'd you have in mind?Mexes?Kompany?
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by recoba87
    One of the two will be great. Ferarri as well.

Handyo

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Quote Originally Posted by recoba87
    One of the two will be great. Ferarri as well.

Handyo
    i really hope we can get Ferarri and Kompany...we could loan Kopmany out for 1 or 2 years...that would be GREAT..!

Bahrain

Ferarri would be the best and most logical option in my eyes especially since i havent seen the others really In addition to that he has SerieA experience and he lead Parma's defence last year and he is young and has nowhere but go upwards.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Ferrari would be ofcourse great.. Don't forget that we have loaned Potenza to Parma. Anyone knows how long? He's playing U-21 european championships right now!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by oba
    Ferrari would be ofcourse great.. Don't forget that we have loaned Potenza to Parma. Anyone knows how long? He's playing U-21 european championships right now!
    We also used to own ferrari before moratti screwed up like usual. I just hope ferrari wants to return.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Indonesia

Potenza is more of a left back rather than a central defender I think. I have no idea if he can play Canna's position on a back 3 though.

I'd be happy if Ferarri returns but I'd prefer Kompany since he will only be a back-up to Cordoba -- Matrix -- Canna.

Handyo