Thread: Inter & TV rights

Fav. Player
    JZ

Inter & TV rights

TV RIGHTS: INTER WITH SKY UNTIL 2008/09

Sky Italia has reached an agreement with F.C. Internazionale and RTI for the acquisition of exclusive satellite TV rights for the club's Serie A home matches from the 2007/08 to 2008/09 period.

Fav. Player
    JZ

So contrary to earlier reports it is Sky and not Mediaset with whom we have got an agreement. I guess we will get to know more from Gazetta in due course.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We signed deals with both media set and sky. check the interwebsite both are on there.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Sky got the satellite tv rights.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    We signed deals with both media set and sky. check the interwebsite both are on there.
    Correct ...

INTER, MEDIASET IN TV RIGHTS DEAL

MILAN - F.C. Internazionale has reached an agreement with the Mediaset Group for the transmission rights of Serie A home matches across all distribution platforms (except UMTS) from the 2007/08 to 2008/09 period.

The agreement includes overseas rights and the transmission of training sessions and friendly tournaments, as well as other commercial rights.

F.C. Internazionale has also given Mediaset Group an option for the same rights for the 2009/10 season.

Official confirmation from www.inter.it

Fav. Player
    JZ

Han can u change the topic name to "Inter & TV rights"?

So as to include both ...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    That's quite good Two companies bagging us with cash

From Goal.com:

Media Partners & Silva acquire exclusive international TV Rights of AC Milan, Inter and Juventus Media Partners & Silva Ltd has acquired the exclusive international broadcasting rights of the major Italian clubs.

Media Partners & Silva Ltd, company founded by Riccardo Silva and linked in joint-venture with the Media Partners group, has acquired the exclusive international broadcasting rights of AC Milan, Juventus, and Inter Milan from Serie A season 2007/2008 to Serie A season 2009/2010 in a deal signed with Mediaset.

The broadcasting rights include television, internet and broadband transmission. The deal also include the international rights of AS Roma, as Mediaset will exercise its option on all-media rights of the club.

Media Partners & Silva now control the international broadcasting rights of 18 Italian Clubs, also including Lazio and Fiorentina.

The Serie A rights will be distributed combined with the Milan Channel, the official tv channel of AC Milan, owned by Media Partners & Silva President Riccardo Silva.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

This isn't very good. Espn will now have the rights and rai international not and from past seasons espn has showed a lot less serie a games than rai i. Lets hope this changes.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Stefan, RAI's coverage is better. They show the Saturday evening match live, a Sunday afternoon match live and blockbuster Sunday evening matches are slightly delayed. Although it is quite strange, by the start of the second half coverage appears to be live. RAI International also televises Italian national team matches live (qualifiers and friendlies) as well as Coppa Italia matches live. ESPN's coverage is nowhere near as comprehensive and the American commentators struggle to pronounce names letalone provide adequate commentary.

What i do not agree with is the way in which Inter, Juventus and Milan profit so greatly whilst the rest of Serie A struggles in terms of television revenue. Surely a more equitable distribution of television money can be found so that the rest of Serie A teams can compete with the big three.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Puma
    Stefan, RAI's coverage is better. They show the Saturday evening match live, a Sunday afternoon match live and blockbuster Sunday evening matches are slightly delayed. Although it is quite strange, by the start of the second half coverage appears to be live. RAI International also televises Italian national team matches live (qualifiers and friendlies) as well as Coppa Italia matches live. ESPN's coverage is nowhere near as comprehensive and the American commentators struggle to pronounce names letalone provide adequate commentary.

What i do not agree with is the way in which Inter, Juventus and Milan profit so greatly whilst the rest of Serie A struggles in terms of television revenue. Surely a more equitable distribution of television money can be found so that the rest of Serie A teams can compete with the big three.
    I know rai 's covergae is better thats why I am worried. Rai get their deals from Five which has now lost the rights to media set. Espn gets their rights from media set. So unless espn starts showing more serie a when they gets these rights. Our serie coverage will be vastly dimished.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Syria

10 years of FIF
    I hope ESPN can play Serie A games like they do with La Liga, but the only problem is the clashing.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    I hope ESPN can play Serie A games like they do with La Liga, but the only problem is the clashing.
    They don't show la liga here. They show brazilian football instead another channel ( super sport) shows the spanish football, only real and barca games.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Spain

Guys i need help, i'am moving to u.s.a next month, and i need to know if there they show football games in they're local tv, i have listen they have ESPN and more channels who can be free, or not. I'am scared of lose the games of 1/4 of CL.... or also the derbi of Milan on April.
    I need someone to tell me these, THANKS!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by alex_neroazzurro
    Guys i need help, i'am moving to u.s.a next month, and i need to know if there they show football games in they're local tv, i have listen they have ESPN and more channels who can be free, or not. I'am scared of lose the games of 1/4 of CL.... or also the derbi of Milan on April.
    I need someone to tell me these, THANKS!
    Try goal tv and rai international. You should ask pulsar or gaetan for more info.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Anybody knows what this means?? I translated it by google but I still don't understand:

RAI INTERNATIONAL - AVVISO IMPORTANTE PER I TELESPETTATORI
    -----------------------------------------------

ATTENZIONE

In vista dell'attivazione del terzo canale di Rai International destinato all'Asia e all'Africa, che avverra' lunedi' 13 marzo alle ore 13.00, avvisiamo i gentili utenti che, al fine di consentire il necessario adeguamento del sito, i palinsesti completi della prossima settimana saranno consultabili on line a partire da lunedi' entro le 18.00 ora italiana.

Per il momento si possono consultare i palinsesti di sabato 11 e domenica 12 marzo selezionando la propria zona geografca di appartenenza nel menu laterale.

La consueta newsletter con l'indicazione della programmazione della settimana entrante sara' inviata lunedi' prossimo.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

For those in America:

Since Inter has reached this deal....our coverage(no more for me in May ) is as we know over! Well not exactally:

This deal is with the same company that sells its rights to Fox Soccer Channel in the US that means that no more good old Goal TV coverage and Inter matches shown in the States will be shown on Fox Soccer Channel....yes we now have to put up with Max Bretos and others calling us the Rossoneri