Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eriksson as Inter technical director?

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF

Eriksson as Inter technical director?

England boss Sven Goran Eriksson is being lined up for a return to Italian football.The Swede will leave his England job after the World Cup and is understood to have been approached by Inter Milan about taking on a football director's post at the San Siro.

Former Lazio coach Eriksson would work as an advisor to Inter coach Roberto Mancini and also have control of transfers and youth development at the club.

Inter patron Massimo Moratti is keen to shake-up his management structure and was ready to offer a similar role to Juventus director general Luciano Moggi at the end of this season.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Another Mancini's ex Lazio comrade!!!!
    Well, I believe getting Ericksson is positive...better than those who are controlling our transfer at the moment, and also better than those who signed Cesar at this point of the season.
    Wallace

Syria

10 years of FIF
    he couldnt be worse then Branca or Oriali lol

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    he couldnt be worse then Branca or Oriali lol
    lol yeah !! But frankly speaking, our transfer market is going well lately !

Syria

10 years of FIF
    lol i wouldnt mind this move to much.

But its not as if Sven has the best eye for talent.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    and he's as bad, if not worse than Mancini when it comes to favourites, as we'v seen with him as England manager.
    Though at least in Italy there wouldn't be as much of the press scandal type thing..

Syria

10 years of FIF
    I think he personally wants to coach in England at club level. But Moratti will drive a truck too his house full of money to persuade him lol

Fav. Player
    JZ

Remember it was Sven who persuaded Veron to move to England in 2001 and not to us. So if we get Sven, it is highly likely that Veron will see out his contract to 2007.

Which means no Ballack. and may be Pizarro also will leave

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think he personally wants to coach in England at club level. But Moratti will drive a truck too his house full of money to persuade him lol
    He himslef has said that he would like to return to italy to get away from their press. I don't see him coaching in england again.

I would love to have him at inter but only if mancio is fine with sven as the director of football.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Spain

No please....

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

No, please No!

The father of favouritism, and the one who taught it to Mancini. Let him stay where he is.

He isn't even professional (he had an affair with an FA employee) and can be easily fooled into confessions!

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    well if comes here and works with mancini on getting back the scudetto and the CL to inter then i wouldnt mind him coming here.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

We need somebody who has spent at least a decade in Serie A and Italian soccer. What would Eriksson bring us? I want us to have better Italian soccer scouts. I'd rather have B and B-head than seeing Eriksson.

Only if Moratti hires Baldini (ex-Roma director.) I don't know if he is still available, but he is our best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    lol yeah !! But frankly speaking, our transfer market is going well lately !
    yeah if you compare it to how we did it before, then it's going well, but if you forget about the past then there are only few bright points.

1) we don't go bonkers on the transfer market anymore
    2) we strengthen our defence with Samuel.

and that's about it

if you take from when Mancini entered

then we have others
    3)Cambiasso for free
    4)Veron

but still we make stupid mistakes and buys
    1) Wome even though we got him for free then you can hardly call him a succes, he has proven to be just as much worth as we gave for him. that will mean zip.
    2) Cesar, we had two LW plus Deki there already
    3) Solari, has been quite awefull, what was the point in getting a player that Mancini didn't want too use.
    4) Mihaj what exactly have he brought too the team except being a catastrophe in the back, the only good thing he ever did was scoring those free kick goals. but that hardly covers all the mistakes he made in the back.
    5)Lampros Choutos (why the **** did we get him in the first place)

other before this season
    6)Davids, shoved not too work with Veron, and many said that before we even got him. what a mistake, but only good thing about it was that he didn't coast us a thing.
    7) the Carini deal was just plain dumb
    8) Ze Maria no comments needed

the mediocre ones
    1) getting rid of crappy Vieri (we gave him money and didn't get any for him therfor it's not a good deal)
    2) getting rid of Fontana that *****
    3) getting Cesar, some of you might disagree but he has been good but not spectacular.
    4) Orlandoni (I don't know why the **** we got him, he has not even played yet)
    5)Selling Emre, it's good that we sold him we just got too little for him
    6) selling AVM the same as above.
    7) release of Karagounis I honestly don't know what I think about it I was not sad that he left, I didn't really care that much.

others
    getting Favalli, has been okay but that's it.

sorry that I got a little off topic,

but I agree that Eriksson is hardly what we are looking for, he has no experience what so ever in such a job, he is far worse then Mancini when it comes to favouritism, he has no eye for talent, and I agree with Hamed when he wrote that we should get one who knows more about serie a and italian football then Eriksson do.

the only good thing I can come up with is that he can hardly be worse then Branca, and a slightly improvement is always better then none even though it's a very small one. but then again everyone would be an improvement, and that's kinda sad when you think about it.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

LOL Mikkel, I stopped counting the bad moves those two made. Whatever good moves they have, it's all overshadowed quickly with the bad ones.

They would never ever, not in million years, be in charge of a great team like us. But only with us, maybe that's why we aren't great as of late.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    1) Wome even though we got him for free then you can hardly call him a succes, he has proven to be just as much worth as we gave for him. that will mean zip. *someone had to replace coco, coco earned about 4 mil a season for doing ****n nothing, at least wome can play and he was free and doesnt cost half that*

2) Cesarwe had two LW plus Deki there already*i agree*

3) Solari, has been quite awefull, what was the point in getting a player that Mancini didn't want too use.*true*

4) Mihaj what exactly have he brought too the team except being a catastrophe in the back, the only good thing he ever did was scoring those free kick goals. but that hardly covers all the mistakes he made in the back.
    *catastrophe* fukn he rarely did any mistakes, and his a great 5th defender to have with that experience and free kicks.

5)Lampros Choutos (why the **** did we get him in the first place) *dunno*

other before this season
    6)Davids, shoved not too work with Veron, and many said that before we even got him. what a mistake, but only good thing about it was that he didn't coast us a thing. *that could of gone either way, he was sooo good at barca who knew it would be oppisote here. it was a risk and it didnt work*

8) Ze Maria no comments needed (he surely helped during the middle of last season and we needed somebody to back up javier.)

the mediocre ones
    1) getting rid of crappy Vieri (we gave him money and didn't get any for him therfor it's not a good deal)
    *pffffffft* what world do u live in? this isnt a ps2 game where people will pay for a crappy 33y.o. u said it yourself. crappy

*what did u want to do?*lock him up in storage

3) getting Cesar, some of you might disagree but he has been good but not spectacular.
    *what do u want? just stay with Toldo whos very old now and not think about the future*

*u fool, thats exactly the point, his an inter primavera player who loves the club, u can see his a happy player at training and his there JUST incase we need him. This is the worst one u said yet.

*man 4 million for both is enough, they did NOTHING to prove that they deserved more.

7) release of Karagounis I honestly don't know what I think about it I was not sad that he left, I didn't really care that much.
    *he was never going to play so it had to happen for the good of both parties*

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Thanx Helal, now I will just copy paste and edit your post to put down my views !

Wome even though we got him for free then you can hardly call him a succes, he has proven to be just as much worth as we gave for him. that will mean zip.
    --> It was a bad move !

2) Cesarwe had two LW plus Deki there already
    --> What could they do if Mancini really wanted him at any cost. After all, this same coach has been doing a good job.

3) Solari, has been quite awefull, what was the point in getting a player that Mancini didn't want too use.
    -->

--> I too was totally against him, but it did seem that he wasn't bad last season. Anywaz, I am not in favour of having him after this season.

5)Lampros Choutos (why the **** did we get him in the first place)
    --> These kinda small deals happen all the time. Juventus', Milan have got tons of players whom they buy and loan out.

6)Davids, shoved not too work with Veron, and many said that before we even got him. what a mistake, but only good thing about it was that he didn't coast us a thing.
    --> Believe me, if only Cambiasso hadn't showed his wonder we would had been saying Veron -- Davids

8) Ze Maria no comments needed
    --> He was brought in as a back up and you won't buy a better back up for sure. Not to forget that he did help us in the RM last season.

--> Agree with Helal ...

--> He got in trouble with the coach, so for sure he had to be removed away from the squad !

--> I would go with Helal's statement !

--> 3rd goalkeeper for god sake !!

*man 4 million for both is enough, they did NOTHING to prove that they deserved more. {that's Helal's statement and I think have to agree with that now, even though that wasn't the case when we had just sold them - especially in Emre's case}

--> I was extremely sad with his departure but may be he wanted to have more action, which was his right. Too bad, but we did lose a player who could had been a GREAT back up !!

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    We need somebody who has spent at least a decade in Serie A and Italian soccer. What would Eriksson bring us? I want us to have better Italian soccer scouts. I'd rather have B and B-head than seeing Eriksson..
    Let's get Moggi

Edit: Funny way to get your 1000th post lol
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Santigol

can some of you blokes please speak english? I mean ffs, I can barely understand it.

@ Solari being awful.
    @ Sven, OH God........Sven lol....

1) Wome even though we got him for free then you can hardly call him a succes, he has proven to be just as much worth as we gave for him. that will mean zip. *someone had to replace coco, coco earned about 4 mil a season for doing ****n nothing, at least wome can play and he was free and doesnt cost half that*

2) Cesarwe had two LW plus Deki there already*i agree*

3) Solari, has been quite awefull, what was the point in getting a player that Mancini didn't want too use.*true*

*catastrophe* fukn he rarely did any mistakes, and his a great 5th defender to have with that experience and free kicks.

5)Lampros Choutos (why the **** did we get him in the first place) *dunno*

other before this season
    6)Davids, shoved not too work with Veron, and many said that before we even got him. what a mistake, but only good thing about it was that he didn't coast us a thing. *that could of gone either way, he was sooo good at barca who knew it would be oppisote here. it was a risk and it didnt work*

8) Ze Maria no comments needed (he surely helped during the middle of last season and we needed somebody to back up javier.)

the mediocre ones
    *pffffffft* what world do u live in? this isnt a ps2 game where people will pay for a crappy 33y.o. u said it yourself. crappy

*what did u want to do?*lock him up in storage

*what do u want? just stay with Toldo whos very old now and not think about the future*

*u fool, thats exactly the point, his an inter primavera player who loves the club, u can see his a happy player at training and his there JUST incase we need him. This is the worst one u said yet.

*man 4 million for both is enough, they did NOTHING to prove that they deserved more.

*he was never going to play so it had to happen for the good of both parties*
    the last sector is deals that was neither bad or good, we could have gotten better deals if our board was more competent, but they could also be worse. So it's not like I'm against them. some of them could have been moved up in the good deal sector such as Fontana and J. Cesar, there where more talented goalkeepers out there we could have gotten. and it was simply because i didn't think they where good enough to get up there but for sure they are close, maybe my standards is too high. and about Vieri we gave him MONEY so he would leave, how on earth can that be a good deal, it's just dumb. And as I recall there where teams who where ready too pay a couple of millions for him. and getting a couple is still better then none. and about Orlandoni would you call that a good deal, it ain't a bad deal, but it for sure ain't a good one either, especially when we could just as easily have used one from the Primavera as our 3'rd choice. and the same goes for Wome, we have better Primavera players then him.

And I guess it's all comes down to opinions, it would be kinda boring if we all agreed.

as I said we have improved, but we can still improve, if we just think a little more before we get a certain player, instead of getting the player just because he is free, or former Lazio player. But I'm glad that we don't do what we once did but I just think we can do it better, and of logical reasons I want my team too do as good as possible both on the field and in the transfer market. And therefore I get upset when we bring players too the club that don't have the talent, to old, or players I don't really like.