Thread: MLS - Major League Soccer

Fav. Player
    Adriano

MLS - Major League Soccer

ok, before any of you guys start bashing the MLS, please read on a bit before you post your thoughts.

For those that are not farmiliar, MLS (Major League Soccer) is the professional football/soccer league of the United States of America. MLS was founded in 1996 and with its 11th season about to start (April 1st) it consits of 12 teams. official site - www.MLSnet.com

First and foremost, I am not gonna be dumb and say something stupid like MLS is better than the MAJOR Euro and other world leagues such as the Serie A, EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Argentine and Brazilian Leagues, Eredivisie, French League 1, and the likes.

But...
    I still believe that the FIFA world league rankings are unfair ranking MLS at 64th in the world.

MLS has produced many talented players over the years, some of whom have gone onto bigger stages, for example (Brian McBride - Fulham, Bocanegra - Fulham, DeMarcus Beasly - PSV) to name a few.

I think it is a very respectable league for only 10 years in the making and believe it will be one of the worlds football powerhouse leagues within the next 20 years or so.

MLS still lacks some of the skill, speed, and finesse compared to the BIG leagues, but improvements on and off the field have been apparent in each of the its first 10 years. A record, 6 of 12 MLS teams will feature their own soccer specific stadia in 2006.
    While this may be no big feat to the rest of the football crazed world, it is a great one for the MLS growing up in the US, where soccer/football is considered no better than 5th behind NBAbasketball, NFLfootball, MLBbaseball, and NHLhockey.

with this, I would now love to hear some questions, comments, and criticism from football fans all around the world regarding MLS.
    Last edited by Inter4Life; 12 Feb 06 at 05:25.
    Only 10 years old, the growing baby (MLS) still provides great players and football in the US - www.MLSnet.com

My love away from Inter - www.DCunited.com

Fav. Player
    Adriano

The 2005 MLS Cup Champions - Los Angeles Galaxy

Last edited by Inter4Life; 12 Feb 06 at 05:19.
    Only 10 years old, the growing baby (MLS) still provides great players and football in the US - www.MLSnet.com

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Last edited by Inter4Life; 12 Feb 06 at 05:21.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Hi, I would like to know, if Peter Nowak and Dema Kovalenko are still members of DC United. Few years ago DC sent me their autographed photos, that's why I am asking.

FORZA INTER, GO DC GO, TRNAVA DO TEHO (team from Slovakia )!!!

Fav. Player
    JZ

btw how is Landon Conovan doing? last WC he was awesome ...

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 1919
    He went to Leverkusen, got PWNED and went back home like a pussy*****
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Quote Originally Posted by majkiZV
    Hi, I would like to know, if Peter Nowak and Dema Kovalenko are still members of DC United. Few years ago DC sent me their autographed photos, that's why I am asking.

FORZA INTER, GO DC GO, TRNAVA DO TEHO (team from Slovakia )!!!
    Yes Peter Nowak is still the head coach of DC United and Dema Kovalenko is still a much loved starting midfielder. These guys played a big part in the 2004 MLS Cup Championship for DC United.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Quote Originally Posted by 1919
    This is how well Landon Donovan is doing

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Quote Originally Posted by Inter4Life

I agree that Landon is very gool player but Bayer 04 Leverkusen has better players for his position. In Europe he has to find team where he will be in starting line-up and he will be able to improve his football skills.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Quote Originally Posted by majkiZV
    I agree that Landon is very gool player but Bayer 04 Leverkusen has better players for his position. In Europe he has to find team where he will be in starting line-up and he will be able to improve his football skills.
    I very much agree with you.

I think the French League 1 or the Dutch Eredivisie would have provided a better start for his move to Europe.

Although the play is excellent in these leagues, it isn't as tough as the top 4 -EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga. From MLS to one of the BIG 4 is a very hard transition for any player to make, much less a striker.

Only MLS striker to do this successfuly was Brian McBride going from the Columbus Crew to Fulham FC (EPL).

->
    Last edited by Inter4Life; 13 Feb 06 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Inter4Life

I say that he scared the hell out of me...
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.