Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Villarreal

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Inter - Villarreal

This game is in about two weeks time, and it will be at the Giusippe Meazza. A bit early, but I'd like to keep track of Villareal, I haven't seen them much this season.

Villareal might be a bit alien to us, but the players surely aren't. Villareal have Gonzalo Rodriguez, Juan-Pablo Sorin, and Riquelme. While we have Samuel, JZ, Cambiasso and Veron. Yep, that is more Aregentinians in one place than a Catanha Soirée!

So, it's safe to assume that the main players in each team know each other pretty well. In LaLiga, Villareal has scored 37 goals in 27 games, but only conceded 26. So it's fair to assume that their defence is tight and their offence isn't that efficient.

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

I hope we don't let in any goals and win with 2 goals..2:0 would be a perfect result, because we will probably be able to score on their stadium..
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

What is this thread?!!!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Rangers scored 3 against them in 2 games so scoring will hopefully not be a problem.

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    Rangers scored 3 against them in 2 games so scoring will hopefully not be a problem.

Fabio
    And they suffered 1 goal in their 6 group matches! It's not like that man!!!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I'm judging on recent Champions League form.

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

I don't wanna involve in statistics because I never believe them. Due to many argies in Villareal I'm following them all the season and I tell you that they are a kind of team that if you let em play they will punish you! Don't look at the results of them against Rangers. They drew the first match because of a stupid own goal and in the second leg they missed many Incredible chances that if they scored them, then they could win maybe 4-1! Two great performance needed for qualify! From the first minute of first leg till the last minute of second leg!

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Villareal's come a long way since 2000, when they were a midtable team in the spanish 2nd division. They're doing extremely well for a team that has just made it's debut in the champions league.
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Ok ridicule god ok, I'm just saying that goals are possible.

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player

Canada

This will be 5 times the challenge that Ajax was (and that wasn't even a challenge...at least it shouldn't have been). Although their defense was solid during their run in the Group Stage, their offense wasn't.

They are a bit fortunate to be in the QF having advanced on away goals against a mediocre team like Rangers so I'm not too worried we should be able to win both legs.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by kova9
    2:0 would be a perfect result, because we will probably be able to score on their stadium..
    I thought you'd say because we won't score on their staidum.

To be able to hold opponents to less than a goal-a-game in La Liga is a very tough feat. Also, they have have the joint-thrid best home defensive record in LaLiga.

We should try and score as many as we can at home. Scoring at El Madrigal looks to be tough.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    Ok ridicule god ok, I'm just saying that goals are possible.

Fabio
    I agree with Fab here, if inter can play with some sort of passion that rangers play with we'l put Villareal where they belong.

Hell Rangers got a pretty shit lineup and where very unlucky to be kicked out. Villareal though will play better against out style of football but in the end if we can just have Adriano back to scoring, we all know how many chances he gets.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

If Inter is smart, they'll get a tape of how Everton and Rangers played @ the El Madrigal.
    I wish we were a British team just for that one game, they constantly pressured Villareal, even in their own half, all throughout the first half especially, they did not give them any time on the ball, when Riquelme had the ball, he had to go change a level, he was their only player who really still made the slick passes.
    I can't see a Veron, Recoba, Adriano, Figo always pressuring them, we just don't have those type of players, therefore playing Martins is important, heck even I wanna play Stankovic for this game because of his abilities. I'd also play Wome ahead of Favalli, merely for that factor.
    Cambiasso is easily the most important player in this game, if Riquelme doesn't get the ball much, we're through.

Also, note: Solari was the Vill-real killer for Madrid last season.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

We cant pressure like that, I think roma is the only team in the serie A that can pull off such pressure.

Right on Catanha..his off the ball pressuring is vital, so c.zanetti should be a vital candidate.
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    acually between us and villareal there weill be 14 argentinians on the pitch,villareal are the inter of the la liga,alot of argentenian and south american players.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Man does this remind anyone of a certain 2002-2003 QF match up with another Spanish side that also started with a V. A team that also had a certain Argentine player that was supposed to be particularily pesky. Along with a strong backline that included an Argentine rock. A game where one Francesco Toldo pulled off some of the same magic we are seeing him pull off lately?

The coincedence is just too great, the small Spanish pitch (basically in the same area of Spain as before), the first game being in Milan. In that season there were also 3 italian teams in the QF, the most of any nation in that CL season and this one too. The semi-final also led to an all italian clash in which we were famously a part of.

Anyone else getting goosebumps??

But seriously i think we can make it. Our D is much better than that of Rangers and Everton and as such will not concede as many goal scoring chances as they did. Furthermore isolating Riqueleme will fall to Cambiasso and I think he is up to the job as he really knows the guy inside out......then again so does juan ramon......but it is always easier to destruct than create in the game of football. Lets just hope Forlan does not decide to catch form at the wrong time for us.

Also whoever made the point about allowing Villareal to play was absolutely right. If you let those guys play they will take the game to you hard and never let you back in it, the same goes for Arsenal. It is times like this i kind of miss Cuper as with him I would not worry about what the gameplan was. it would be get the goal then shut up shop and shove this game up your arse people because aint no one is getting past my defensive tactics. Capello is going to do the same thing to Arsenal (at least you would hope so) but Mancini may not have the tactical nuances to get this type of game plan and startegy instilled in the team before the big game. Here is to hoping Mancini does not make another blunder in the first half in how to read the game properly as this time it could very well prove fatal.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Spain

YES!!!!!!!!! that's what i have been thinking this last week man! (and more when i see the highlights of valencia2inter1 in the topic we already have on this forum) and i feel a lot of joy remembering SUPER-TOLDONE.
    Riquelme it's true that reminds me of Aimar in some ways.... right now remember Riquelme it's the "10" of Villarreal and also from Argentina squad, maybe he is in better level than Aimar, we should keep an eye on him he is one of the 2 or 3 players i'am worried about, also Gonzalo Rodriguez great defender. Like i said in the CL topic, Cambiasso will know how to disturb Roman Riquelme, i'am sure.
    We can't let that guys play, i'll rather play cuper style and win than play better and do nothing.

Anyway, this 2 matches remind me of the 1/4 vs Valencia 3 years ago.... but reminds me more of the 1-5 of last year also vs Valencia

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFan28
    Francesco Toldo pulled off some of the same magic we are seeing him pull off lately?
    are you for real.

Toldo has barely been tested yet, in that game he was bombarded.

Spain

I'am sure it would be the match of CL with more southamericans in the history...

46% total of southamericans in both squads.

Argentina:
    Franco
    Riquelme
    Sorin
    Gonzalo Rodriguez
    Arruabarrena
    Barbosa

Uruguay:
    Forlan
    Viera

Brasil:
    Senna

34% + Pellegrini (coach)

Argentina:
    Javier Zanetti
    Cambiasso
    Burdisso
    Kily Gonzalez
    Samuel
    Veron
    Solari
    Cruz

Uruguay:
    Recoba

Colombia:
    Cordoba

Chile:
    Pizarro

Brasil:
    Julio Cesar
    Adriano
    Ze Maria

58%

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Yep, I said it the other day, this is more like a Copa Lib game than a Champions League game, .

btw, Senna is now "Spanish", so he doesn't count.