Thread: Adeus Albertini

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Adeus Albertini

Demetrio Albertini has officialy retired for futebol. Anyone see his testimonial? Very good match, some of the greats from the magical Milan side were there. Van Basten scored a great header, he has improved because I remember a few years ago at the Boban testimonial, MVB couldn't even walk properly, it was sad to see.
    Weah was awesome too, still as big as Wesley Snipes. Gullit was there. Demetrio scored the first goal, very good goal aswell, I still reckon he's better than Pirlo.

Albertini was a legend, even though he was a Milanista, he was a true gentlemen of the game and one of the best Italian midfielders of all time, no exagerration. Players like Albertini and Redondo were the true meaning of playmakers.

Grazie!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Yeh he was a Rossonero, but still great player no doubt.
    I heard and saw pics about the game, but...
    Where on earth did u c the game?

Fav. Player
    Santigol

RAI International. It was on yesterday morning.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

A great player I guess. I don't know, him and Costacurta were two players I couldn't digest. Although both were a class act, and real men. No cheating and no diving, just plain-old soccer.

Good luck to him!

Fav. Player
    JZ

where did he last play after Barca ?

Jimmy
    I never rated Albertini much to be honest, and is shell-shocked seeing him being mentioned with the likes of Redondo.

I thought Albertini slowed down the game way too much, and was not that great of a midfielder. Never understood much of why he is considered as one of the greats in Italian football.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Demetrio Albertini has officialy retired for futebol. Anyone see his testimonial? Very good match, some of the greats from the magical Milan side were there. Van Basten scored a great header, he has improved because I remember a few years ago at the Boban testimonial, MVB couldn't even walk properly, it was sad to see.
    Weah was awesome too, still as big as Wesley Snipes. Gullit was there. Demetrio scored the first goal, very good goal aswell, I still reckon he's better than Pirlo.

Albertini was a legend, even though he was a Milanista, he was a true gentlemen of the game and one of the best Italian midfielders of all time, no exagerration. Players like Albertini and Redondo were the true meaning of playmakers.

Grazie!

well said...add Pepe Guardiola to the list though.

I'm glad he finished his career with Barca, so I have one reason to officially like him. I liked his game and when he came to us, despite his age, he still showed signs of his old brilliance, specially in the game against Sevilla.

The game was pretty nice btw. I think Marco should think about putting his list on the dutch squad list, because Makaay is useless in current form and Kuyt, Babel etc. are not much better than him.

and Rijkaard could maybe still play for us in DM. good man..
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

I would say Albertini is great when it comes to AC MILAN..and not soo much for Italy. He game nowadays is only resemebled by Pirlo, by exactly becoming fabolous with his club, but a useless guy in the NT.
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa
    I would say Albertini is great when it comes to AC MILAN..and not soo much for Italy. He game nowadays is only resemebled by Pirlo, by exactly becoming fabolous with his club, but a useless guy in the NT.
    Disagree mate.
    Watch Italia 94, and then tell me that Albertini never did anything for the Italian NT, get a copy of his game against Bulgaria, and then dare to compare him with a Pirlo.
    He was incredible in dictating the play, unlike Pirlo, who is only good when his team is on fire, Albertini was always Mr.Reliable and controlled the game for Milan.
    Watch the European Cup final of 94, and then dare compare what Pirlo does for Milan to what Albertini did for Milan.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Albertini is one of the few few few players I respect from bilan and gobbi ..
    Pirlo ? I play better than him .
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    Disagree mate.
    Watch Italia 94, and then tell me that Albertini never did anything for the Italian NT, get a copy of his game against Bulgaria, and then dare to compare him with a Pirlo.
    He was incredible in dictating the play, unlike Pirlo, who is only good when his team is on fire, Albertini was always Mr.Reliable and controlled the game for Milan.
    Watch the European Cup final of 94, and then dare compare what Pirlo does for Milan to what Albertini did for Milan.
    Heh, i only said his game is resembled these days by pirlo, his style, passing capability range and more into orchestrating the game, which these days remind me of pirlo. I didnt compare what they did.

I didnt underestimate Albertini in Milan, cause i know what he did for them, but when it comes to the NT, i dont regard him as much cause i dont see that greatness..I know Sacchi and other coaches always regarded him as a maestro and all,but in the 94,i prefarred Dino Baggio on him...thats all.

I wish him the best, cause i know how much he loved this sport.
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri