Page 451 of 452 FirstFirst ... 351401441448449450451452 LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 9030

Thread: Nerazzurro Down Under

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Apparently 8 buses of people from Sydney headed out to Condobolin west of Parkes yesterday to raid the shops. They'd already been to Parkes days earlier.

Absolute retards.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

2. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, I4E, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Apparently 8 buses of people from Sydney headed out to Condobolin west of Parkes yesterday to raid the shops. They'd already been to Parkes days earlier.

Absolute retards.
    You might even call them flogs.

4. Thanks (2): I4E, MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Good morning Brothers, I just wanted to check in and hope you are all doing well. Or as well as can be expected in the circumstances.

Take care and stay safe.

6. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Honestly surprised they moved things along this quickly. I expected them to drag shit out until next week at least.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

8. Thanks (3): Fitzy, I4E, MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Honestly surprised they moved things along this quickly. I expected them to drag shit out until next week at least.
    Bondi was the breaking point.

10. Thanks (3): Fitzy, I4E, MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

12. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

No more sport

14. Thanks (2): I4E, MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    No more sport
    Hoarding booze
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

16. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

And tim-tams

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

18. Thanks (3): Fitzy, I4E, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

I actually quit smoking about a month ago so this lockdown has been especially unbearable for me. I didn't quit because of the coronavirus or anything, I just got to a point where I didn't want to buy cigarettes anymore.

Obviously, when you purchase a product regularly, it's not like you can forget how much it costs. You memorize a transaction when you do it every few days. However, there's just something deeply offensive about having to pay nearly fucking $40AUD ($20USD) for a pack of 25 cigarettes.. and you never get used to the feeling you're getting fucking violated. Even though you know exactly how much it costs before you buy it, every time the cashier says, "that'll be $37.50 thanks", it still feels like a fucking slap in the face.

There's a handful of Korean grocers/billiards places who sell cartons of totally legal Korean cigarettes. From what I hear, people sneak them in through shipping, hidden in boxes of instant ramen or whatever Korean food products are being imported into Australia. I suppose if you think about it, there's probably people at every port in every city in the world who take a sneaky bribe to turn a blind eye and let contraband in through customs - God bless them

The Korean smokes come in nice original packaging - none of this rotting penis and sewerage color stuff. More importantly, you'd expect illegal smokes to be more expensive, but somehow they're much, much cheaper than legal cigarettes The cost of Korean cigarettes is so cheap while Aus smokes are so inordinately expensive, that even after a big markup in price, they're still far cheaper

In Aus, you're getting a great price if you're paying $1 / cigarette, but only the dogshit brands sell at that price point. Marlboro is a pretty fucken standard brand everywhere else in the world, but here it's a fucking premium brand and sold at a ludicrous $1.50 per cigarette. However, the Korean Marlboro's are only $1 per cigarette, sometimes even cheaper if you buy a carton of 10 packs X 20 cigarettes.

I have a friend who frequents these snooker/billiards places. Ironically, he doesn't smoke himself, but he informed me that the snooker hall was selling cartons of Korean Marlboro's for $200. Being the shrewd businessman I am, I met my friend for a coffee every few weeks to give him $200 so he could buy me a carton of smokes. The problem is though, when you have 1 pack of cigarettes, you tend to be a little economical about the amount you smoke. When you have 10 packs of cigarettes sitting in your desk, you know you're not running out any time soon, so you go through them like fucking crazy. I believe this demonstration of scarcity vs. surplus to be a warning sign for myself when I eventually become a thousandaire.

\_(ツ)_/

Netherlands

$40 AUD = $20 USD? I didn't realize you guys were printing monopoly money down under.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Jesus fuck, 1.50$ for a single cigarette... Here they've also upped the prices through the roof in recent years. I remember a pack was about 30 euro cents way back in the day. Now its like three euro something for most brands, so this makes for about 30 cents a piece now...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

These measures the PM announced will do nothing. To me, they're giving Australians too much credit to do the right thing.

23. Thanks (4): I4E, MVD, Raul Duke, Universe

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    I'm taking my Spruce Moose out for supplies.

Get in Fitz... I said GET IN !

INTERISTA 4 EVER

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Hilarious that last night (March 25) was the FIRST time I saw any kind of COVID-19 public awareness initiative in the form of a TV PSA. I also received an automated government text message from my phone service provider for the first time this morning.

They should've been doing this shit MONTHS ago.

\_(ツ)_/

26. Thanks (3): Fitzy, I4E, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Hilarious that last night (March 25) was the FIRST time I saw any kind of COVID-19 public awareness initiative in the form of a TV PSA. I also received an automated government text message from my phone service provider for the first time this morning.

They should've been doing this shit MONTHS ago.
    This would've been a logical step. But, there's nothing like reactive Government.

Btw... $13.50 for takeaway growler fills of crafty beers at pubs in town

28. Thanks (3): I4E, MVD, Universe

Italy

if this damn virus is in any way similar to the influenza and cold viruses, it's going to get better in the northern emisphere in a month or two, as the warm seasons come, and worse in the southern one.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

30. Thanks (2): MVD, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    if this damn virus is in any way similar to the influenza and cold viruses, it's going to get better in the northern emisphere in a month or two, as the warm seasons come, and worse in the southern one.
    Hope that's the case but so far we have no indications that will be the case. Also, it's spreading like crazy in countries where it's already summer (South Africa), so...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

When you have 10 packs of cigarettes sitting in your desk, you know you're not running out any time soon, so you go through them like fucking crazy. I believe this demonstration of scarcity vs. surplus to be a warning sign for myself when I eventually become a thousandaire.
    This is how I feel when I try to be economic and buy 20g of weed instead of 5g and end up smoking it up so fast -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

34. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I’m actually pleased with how the government has been handling this mess. Even my friends who could never bring themselves to say anything positive about the Coalition have been impressed. It must be tough balancing the situation with information flowing in at such a pace.

Though the panic has certainly brought out the worst in some, the general public seems be adopting the right attitude and staying supportive and resolute.

36. Thanks (3): Fitzy, I4E, MVD