View Poll Results: Where will Mancini lead us this season?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a top three finish?

44 39.64%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

26 23.42%
  • To the EL trophy?

21 18.92%
  • To a EL Spot?

45 40.54%
  • Outside the European places?

9 8.11%
  • To wishing Mazzarri wasn't fired?

6 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 702 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto Mancini

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    [quote="J zanetti"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    There is no perfect coach in the world. Name any coach and you will find something that he continuously does wrong. Ferguson is too authoritative, Wenger is too lax with the players, Mourinho is egoistic, Cuper is too cautious, Capello is a liar and so on.
    True! However what they all have which Mancini doesnt, is a couple of trophies! Having said that I'm all behind Mancini and his/clubs so called project as I'm all for continuity. Mancini is still too young and need to gain more experience.

So, Mancini has met my expectations for what i define as a good coach.
    Well, he is a good coach, but frankly spaking I was expecting a bit more. With his/our curent squad I was at least expeting a worthy find for the scudetto untill the end! LUCKILY for my health I fully gave that hard battle for the scudetto up when we drew with Gobbi at home!

Finally, i don't agree with JZanetti that nobody will remember our unbeaten season if we don't win a thing. I'm sure it will be remembered, but there will be a huge catch. We could be the first team to go unbeaten and trophyless in the same season.
    1 - Surely it will be mentioned in the OUR record books, as BBilan's unbeaten record is much more impressive than ours! On top of that they won trophies aswell

2 - We are still unbeaten, BUT its only half way through the season, so pls dont have high hopes!

I'd like us at least win the Coppa, go unbeaten and reach the CL semi's. I would call that successful and this might silence some of these jouranlists-wannabe's .
    As we all know CI doesnt mean anything to the so called big guns. So it doesnt mean much to me either. If we win it, good, if we dont I couldnt care less. CL semis would be good financially, but nothing more than that. I also believe no matter how crap our reslts in the league is/will be - surely we can not lose out on the 2 CL places. And this is mainly thanks to the finincial difficulties that the 2 rome teams are having
    Mancini actually does have a couple of trophies he has 2 coppa italias won at viola and at lazio.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

I believe Mancini. I like him.

But I scare Favalli and using Cuper's tradition tactic(flat4-4-2)
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good ZZANG, Evra is a very good LB, his crosses are very excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan

Mancini actually does have a couple of trophies he has 2 coppa italias won at viola and at lazio.
    sorry but when I said lack of trophies compare to the BIG name coaches I mean REAL trophies!
    Again I like Mancini and hopeing that he can bring some trophies for us, however it is too early to compare him to the big name coaches that Hamed mentioned.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Mancini's career as a coach has just started, any comparison to other coaches must keep that into account.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by J zanetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan

sorry but when I said lack of trophies compare to the BIG name coaches I mean REAL trophies!
    Again I like Mancini and hopeing that he can bring some trophies for us, however it is too early to compare him to the big name coaches that Hamed mentioned.
    I wasn't comparing him to them just pointing out he has won trophies. And winning copa italia at lazio and viola was a good achievment obviously at Inter we expect more but at those 2 clubs with their resources it was a good achievement.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Exactly, the guy won the Coppa Italia with 2 teams that were totaly bankrupt, players that weren't getting their freakin wages and so on!

He wasn't getting his paycheques as well!

Lazio was fighting for the CL spot with us and the club sold Stankovic to us in January! That was a joke!

I remember him giving an interview and clearly saying that giving Stanko to us was a major blow, because he was a key player, and Lazio didn't have another player like him. Also Inter was much stronger with him.

So he achieved BIG TIME considering his working conditions!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by J zanetti
    True! However what they all have which Mancini doesnt, is a couple of trophies! Having said that I'm all behind Mancini and his/clubs so called project as I'm all for continuity Mancini is still too young and need to gain more experience
    I think some you should read some of the posts more carefully!

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Look at last year, about 6th place at this time, and out of the CL despite being in a commanding position, then compare it to this year. That's a great positive, too many draws I know but we have been very unlucky. Plus a 34 game unbeaten streak, 5-1 win over Spanish Champs...
    Alvaro Recoba- Comic book goals and a left foot to die for

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Mancini does self-criticism, says "mea culpa" 48 hours after the umpteenth draw,the umpteenth lost opportunity to get closer to Juventus. Important thoughts from Mancio: "Perhaps I have erred as well"- says Inter coach -, especially at the beggining of the championship when I was not succesful in giving unity to the team. I made too many changes and now we suffer the consequences". But hope sprins eternal: "Seeing what has happened until now, the league seems anything but finished. We'll give it a try".

www.calciomercato.com (translated by yours truly)
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Mancini was Raided by questions by fans and journalists. Ill post the ones i thought were important.

why do you make Adriano play out wide?
    When i read mancini's awnser, i was unsure of what it meant. Did mancini mean that Adriano does it on his own? or does mancini make him do it.

Cause i hate it when Adriano goes outside! i would muchrather him playin in.

which one player would you ask Moratti for?
    Totti... i couldnt believe it, that would be great

but he wouldnt leave Roma for another italian club. or maybe not...

another fan asked.

Why is Stankovic still playing?

Quote Originally Posted by helal25

Why is Stankovic still playing?

I also thought that was a hell of a good question! Because I believe I'm one of the few who think he hasnt played well for a long time now!
    But then again we all know that certian players are untouchable from our starting line up

R.I.P Cipe

Finally someone had the balls to ask critical questions to the guy. They´ve been holding back for so long now because of his status. We learned some interesting stuff in what was a great interview!

I couldn´t believe he didn´t say Nesta or Samuel to that question!! Sure Totti is a fantastic player and all. Our defence is good? Maybe if we gave Burdisso a chance first. But who could say no to Nesta? :question:
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Well theres a difference. Mancini cant come to moratti and say try get me Nesta. Cause thats near to impossible.

However Totti will probably leave Roma. So thats more realistic.

And lets not forget, Mancini trys to focus on the attacking side of the game lol.

Well theres a difference. Mancini cant come to moratti and say try get me Nesta. Cause thats near to impossible.
    True! After all why would someone like Nesta leave his current team to play for its rivals who almost never achieve anything!? There is no single argument as of why Nesta would like to leave Milan!

However Totti will probably leave Roma. So thats more realistic.
    True! And I guess his arrival will most certainly mean Chino’s departure!

And lets not forget, Mancini trys to focus on the attacking side of the game lol.
    LOL – well why not! We have a solid foundation (just like Chelsea) which means our back 4 is to good to be true! So let Mancini focus on the attacking flares of the game!

R.I.P Cipe

I heard Moratti and Mancini bad relationship. from my Italian friends and also media.

Because Mancini's player management. He only very like former Lazio players.(sometimes really don't understand Mancini) so Emre,Davids,Recoba already out of regular member And finally Emre,Davids,Recoba,Karagounis,Coco probably leaving Inter.

Moratti unhappy Mancini's management. (example against bilan.. Mancini no Adriano but push Vieri)

I'm scare. of course I wish there is nothing problem. please...
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Quote Originally Posted by ZZANG
    I heard Moratti and Mancini bad relationship. from my Italian friends and also media.

Because Mancini's player management. He only very like former Lazio players.(sometimes really don't understand Mancini) so Emre,Davids,Recoba already out of regular member And finally Emre,Davids,Recoba,Karagounis,Coco probably leaving Inter.

Moratti unhappy Mancini's management. (example against bilan.. Mancini no Adriano but push Vieri)

I'm scare. of course I wish there is nothing problem. please...
    Your friends should pay less attention to those same media... And so should you...
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I definitely don't see Mancini leaving this season. Yes, he doesn't play some of the players who are supposed to play. yes, he doesn't give us the results we all want. But he has improved the way Inter play. We have been playing better football, and the lack of results are mostly only because of the defence, or because of the lack of luck.

We definitely should give Mancini another season, at least.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    As much as I hate Mancini's unfair treatment of the players, he has to stay for 3 years, at least. I don't know and believe that he's gonna be sacked by Moratti at the summer. But just give him 3 years. I'm prepared to endure another 3 years of constant Favalli, Pancaro, Negro, Miha, Deki, Vieri, Veron, Cesar, Couto, Peruzzi, Sereni, whoever it might be, rather than crashing the team once again and starting from point zero.

Handyo

I fully agree with the above post. Regardless of what I think of Mr X he should remain for at least another full season. Sacking him would be suicidal where we will find ourselves back to square one.

2 class act players (LB & CD) while keeping the majority of our current squad combined with lady luck should hopefully do the trick for next season.

p.s For obvious reasons please get rid of Miha and Davids

R.I.P Cipe